Something horrible has happened at the boston marathon

Roman

Looks like one of the guys near the blast was the guy who runs with his handicapped adult son? Hoping the relatively small scale was only due to amateurish nut job, versus a warmup or distraction for something bigger...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston Cellphone service shut down

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/official-ce...hut-down-boston

WASHINGTON (AP) — A law enforcement official says cellphone service has been shut down in the Boston area to prevent any potential remote detonations of explosives.

Authorities have not identified what caused the explosives that erupted at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. The official was speaking on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing.

The explosions have killed two people and injured at least 23 others.

Phone Numbers for Information (617) 635 4500 to check on family. (800) 494 TIPS (8477) If you saw anything that could lead to more information.

A timeline from another website.

3:30pm - 4:00pm

Update 1: Command officers stationed at Westin in Copley now. Lots of ambulances flooding to the scene -- uploading video now (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19806436/IMG_2247.MOV)

Update 2: Unexploded devices found in front of the Mandarin Hotel and UMass.

Update 3: 4 Copters in the air around Boston so far. BU ordered lockdown.

Update 4: SWAT team coming in from Huntington / Mass Ave now. Dogs as well are being brought in.

Update 5: Marathon most definitely stopped. Busses picking up runners starting from the underpass near Boylston

Update 6: Lost cell service, too many people calling people in Boston.

Update 7: Bomb found near the Boston Public Library. There are doing a controlled explosion nearby.

Update 8: All off duty officers in Boston are mandated to respond. Cops still coming in.

Update 9: 22 injured. 2 dead from the BPD. All public has been removed from Boylston.

Update 10: Lots of green line MBTA (public transport) trains going outbound. No people are on the trains.

Update 11: Possible bomb found at Berkley (Boylston/Mass ave). SWAT investigating.

Update 11: All MBTA is running slow. Green B- and C-Lines are temporarily suspended. Green D-Line service will run only between Riverside to Fenway. Green E-Line service will continue to run between Northeastern and Brigham Circle.

4:03pm -- 4:35pm

Update 12: My phone calls are being routed to random people. My mom says she just spoke to someone random after calling me.

Update 13: Explosion at JFK library. (note : unconfirmed, told to be a mechanical fire)

Update 14: All runners being routed to Boston Commons (ex. central park of boston)

Update 15: Emerson (college) in lockdown.

Update 16: El Pelon Taqueria (92 Peterborough St) offering a place for people to chill. Good burritos in boston if anyone wants.

Update 17: Brigham Hospital (big hospital in boston) is FULL. They are opening up the children's hospital for adults now.

Update 18: NUPD (Northeastern Police) are now assisting BPD.

Update 19: 2 more bombs found. Police working on removing them.

Update 20: Bomb reported @ 376 boylston street (Arlington T stop, near boston commons)

Update 21: Ambulances lined up. via unversalhub (boston news) https://twitter.com/ModaMags/status/3238947...9665920/photo/1

Update 22: Bomb found on glass footbridge connecting Pru and Marriott hotel. Hotel and Pru being evacuated (big shopping mall and hotel)

Update 23: Bomb found by Harvard MBTA stop. Confirming now.

4:38pm

Update 24: Bridges shut down getting in/out according to sources

4:39pm

Update 25: Possible bomb reported at CPK (resturant) in the Pru.

4:42pm

Update 25: Penske truck reported to have 'medical supplies' and tried to gain access to scene. Bomb squad looking into it.

4:47pm

Update 26: Friend updating bomb locations here: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214696...169504,0.345039

4:48pm

Update 27: 64 wounded as of right now.

4:49pm

Update 28: Sent in news to listen to for those of you not here: http://boston.cbslocal.com/live-video/

4:52pm

Update 29: A suspect is in custody at a hospital. Injured by shrapnel.

4:54pm

Update 30: BPD sending out notification to all of boston to report packages and bags. Apparently there is a truck that might have bombs in it (penske truck).

4:54pm

Update 31: Suspect is a Black male w. black hoodie w. black backpack noted by BPD.

4:57pm

Update 32: Please send any information you have to https://twitter.com/MBTATransitPD if you notice something.

5:01pm

Update 33: Family member hotline for locating missing persons: 617-635-4500 FYI.

5:02pm

Update 34: Cell communications seem to be cut off by a field the police has put up to stop remote detonations. Cop on police scanner said 'Does anyone have a cell phone that WORKS?' after it has been put into place.

5:04pm

Update 35: Graphic w/ timeline of explosions posted @ http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/04....html?_r=1&

5:07pm

Update 36: News conference just said the JFK fire was a 3rd bomb: http://boston.cbslocal.com/live-video/

5:09pm

Update 37: MARATHON EXPLOSIONS: Boston hospitals report more than 100 being treated after Marathon explosions (boston.com on twitter)

5:11pm

Update 38: Possible bomb found in a trader joes bag near a recylcing can. Waiting for details.

5:13pm

Update 39: Possible bomb reported on Huntington Ave in the Northeastern University area in a backpack.

5:14pm

Update 40: Bruins game (HOCKEY) has been canceled.

5:15pm

Update 41: Suspect in a hospital link http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/auth...29uC2PDGIjYBalO

5:17pm

Update 42: Two packages found at 360 Huntington Ave. SWAT team swarming in. (pics not coming, no cell service)

Just seen this on late news in UK. What an awful thing to happen. My thoughts are with all those and their families so accidentally caught up in this.

Exactly what I was afraid off, this is going to spur a rash of unfortunate hate crimes.

Yeah it will be exactly like after 911 when all those innocent Muslims were dragged out of their houses and hung by torch-bearing mobs. :eusa_wall:

Yeah it will be exactly like after 911 when all those innocent Muslims were dragged out of their houses and hung by torch-bearing mobs. :eusa_wall:

Not sure if serious.

Unfortunately there was some of this, but for the most parts the idiots targeted seiks.

Unfortunately there was some of this, but for the most parts the idiots targeted seiks.

My points exactly. After 9/11 the poor Sikhs got the worst of it (the irony is if you know anything about their religion you'd be hard pressed to find a gentler soul).

damn i hope whoever "caught" the suspect had some damn good evidence that he was involved other than just being saudi and at the event. i find it hard to imagine how a suspect was determined, located, and apprehended amongst the chaos.

damn i hope whoever "caught" the suspect had some damn good evidence that he was involved other than just being saudi and at the event. i find it hard to imagine how a suspect was determined, located, and apprehended amongst the chaos.

:iamwithstupid:

Sonofabitch! We always knew there would be something at a mass event, but its just so shocking when it happens.

If the suspect responsible is in custody, that's a change from previous terror attacks, i.e. he didn't off himself in the process...shitbag!

Apparently he's burned, so maybe he did try to off himself and it didn't work, provided he is the criminal.

Apparently he's burned, so maybe he did try to off himself and it didn't work, provided he is the criminal.

Send him here, I'll help him get to the promised land

Someone deserves the death penalty for this!!

thats too easy.

i vote we cut off all his limbs. imagine the dozens of people who will now have to live without atleast 1 and up to ALL of their limbs. Shit sucks, death is probably easier than that.

Not sure if serious.

Definitely not serious. Not saying there was no unjustified blowback, but there was WAY less than I would have expected most anywhere else in the world given the circumstances. And the term "hate crime" in general makes me want to puke.

I haven't read this thread. I just got home. I had just finished, and picked up my medal. I was 500 feet in front of the first explosion. We heard a bang, all turned around, then saw the second explosion. My friend owns the store in front of the first explosion.

Boston Police, Fire, the medical staff, and all military members there did a motherfucking astounding job. Without a thought THEY ALL WENT STRAIGHT TO THE SCENE.

My bro in law is working ER at Tufts medical, it's a battlezone there.

Getting out of town was chaos, but the police, homeland security, fire and boston medical did a fcuking amazing job. We couldn't be more proud.

Doctors and nurses who were finishing the race RAN to to the tent to beging helping.

I can't say enough of how proud we all should be, the heroes stepped into gear. They did an unfucking real deal. God Bless them.