Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

All-new Lamborghini Gallardo due soon: Shanghai motor show 2013

A VW Group official has confirmed that an all-new Lamborghini Gallardo could be available by 2014

An all-new replacement for the Lamborghini Gallardo will be launched in a "short time", a senior Volkswagen Group official in China has revealed.

Weiming Soh, Volkswagen Group China's sales and marketing chief, confirmed the launch of a new Gallardo was imminent on the eve of the Shanghai motor show.

"We will come out with a new Gallardo in a short time and be able to further progress with Lamborghini," said Soh.

Audi is known to be lining up a replacement to the Gallardo's sister car, the R8, for launch in 2014, so it's likely a new Gallardo, which has been on sale for almost a decade, could launch next year also.

All-new Lamborghini Gallardo due soon: Shanghai motor show 2013 | Autocar

^Pretty trustable.

By the way, the production of #NOVA Gallardo, Edizione Tecnica, and LP 550-2 Lineup will finishied at October.

So, around late August or September, there'll be some

test mule of 'Cabrera' which called Gallardo's successor temporary.

Then the debut of Cabrera will be at Geneva, 2014.

The delivery of 1st demo car to worldwide will start at fast June to late August.

The 'Cabrera' will get a N/A V10 600hp (or maybe 620hp) with DCT with some CF.

Base body will be an Aluminium because of the relationship with Aventador.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Raj.... now its time to sell mine.... :icon_butt:

IT's been what, 2 months? You'd be bored of it and selling anyway regardless of the news.

:icon_fU:

IT's been what, 2 months? You'd be bored of it and selling anyway regardless of the news.

hes been saying this shit to me for weeks now.....Each car he buys has a shorter and shorter timeline.....

If prices stay around $250-270k, it will sell like hot cakes and give 458 a run for its money just like gallardo did with F360. Sounds like DCT is a good move after all the complains about Aventador's trans.

You may have a point here wise one.....

DEEE CEEE TEEE. YES!!

Damn it, I haven't even experienced my car and any of the turbo/upgrades and now I have to sell it and get the new G. SMH!

Just kidding.. :icon_mrgreen:

After getting a ride in a 458 this past weekend....BRING ON THE DCT. That was unreal.

:eusa_naughty: :jackoff: :lame:

ISR RULES!!!!! :eusa_dance: :icon_mrgreen: :P

If prices stay around $250-270k, it will sell like hot cakes and give 458 a run for its money just like gallardo did with F360. Sounds like DCT is a good move after all the complains about Aventador's trans.

The complaints about the ISR were only with the initial software. It has come a long way. The ISR transmission is much more lively and engaging than the DCT's. All of them. I hope they offer the Gallardo replacement with the ISR. :eusa_pray:

The 'Cabrera' will get a N/A V10 600hp (or maybe 620hp) with DCT with some CF.
:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Base body will be an Aluminium because of the relationship with Aventador.
:eusa_think: :eusa_think: :eusa_think: Hopefully doesn't mean it will grow in size.

I love the ISR...in the Aventador. I really do and I'm glad it is there. The G is another matter. As we hauled ass down a road (I don't want to mention the member since he hasn't made it public but NO it was not DoctaM3) I commented to him on how smooth the DCT was. We made a turn and he planted his foot in the gas and ran up through 4 gears. It was one solid linear acceleration. The only way I could tell we were changing gears was the sound of the paddles going click...click...click. It literally took my breath away.

ISR the big bad boy v12 battleships and DCT the nimble v10 fighter jets.

I can't wait for this car, the transmission choice is a hard one, DCT is the best transmission in the world so you would be mad to say no to it, will it work with the character of a Lamborghini? We will have to wait and see, without any doubt the new car will have DCT, sorry RB!

BTW for someone who just bought one of their rarest cars ever they sure keep you in the dark :icon_mrgreen:

The complaints about the ISR were only with the initial software. It has come a long way. The ISR transmission is much more lively and engaging than the DCT's. All of them. I hope they offer the Gallardo replacement with the ISR. :eusa_pray:

I am with you RB. DCT takes the soul away from the car. I drove my buddies 458 and the car is no doubt a machine. But I walked away feeling it needed more rawness to it.

I am with you RB. DCT takes the soul away from the car. I drove my buddies 458 and the car is no doubt a machine. But I walked away feeling it needed more rawness to it.

I had exactly the same reaction after I drove the 458, too soft, fast but they all fast enough so who cares? the drama wasn't there :icon_mrgreen:

Maybe they will be able to program some "aggressiveness" into it, run some sound/vibration through the speakers, deactivate 9 of the cylinders in order to satisfy the greenies, etc. etc.

I commented to him on how smooth the DCT was. We made a turn and he planted his foot in the gas and ran up through 4 gears. It was one solid linear acceleration. The only way I could tell we were changing gears was the sound of the paddles going click...click...click. It literally took my breath away.

The tech is shocking for the first time. If I am driving my exotic car I want everything about it to feel exotic. Speed is everywhere. 500hp is in everything these days. I want the exotic to be the complete exotic experience. The 458 looks the part, the interior is amazing, I love the signals on the steering wheel, it drives great, but it doesn't feel like its all that special after the first 20 mins. YMMV. Just my opinion.

I can't wait for this car, the transmission choice is a hard one, DCT is the best transmission in the world so you would be mad to say no to it, will it work with the character of a Lamborghini? We will have to wait and see, without any doubt the new car will have DCT, sorry RB!

BTW for someone who just bought one of their rarest cars ever they sure keep you in the dark :icon_mrgreen:

I wouldn't call DCT transmission "the best." That is a matter of preference. If you tell me that the 20 milisecond difference in shift time makes it better, that's magazines talking, my friend. Not real life.

I am sure the new car will have DCT. I hope there is a lighter single clutch option for those of us who like to drive more than play video games. Who knows. Maybe Lambo will crack the DCT lack of feel puzzle. No one has yet and that would be quite an achievement.

:iamwithstupid:

I had exactly the same reaction after I drove the 458, too soft, fast but they all fast enough so who cares? the drama wasn't there :icon_mrgreen:

I agree! That echos my experiences with the 458.

I wouldn't call DCT transmission "the best." That is a matter of preference. If you tell me that the 20 milisecond difference in shift time makes it better, that's magazines talking, my friend. Not real life.

I drive DCT everyday and I LOVE it, I am not talking about the shift time as much as I am talking about smoothness, power delivery and overall experience, DCT turns a mediocre car into a very good car.

I agree 100% that in an exotic would be very boring unless some aggressiveness is built into it

What we can't deny is the fact that a 600 HP, V10, naturally aspirated, DCT Cabrera with Veneno/Aventador styling cues would sound and look amazing, exciting times ahead :eusa_dance:

I am sure the new car will have DCT. I hope it is an option to do a single clutch for those of us who like to drive more then play a video game. Who knows. Maybe Lambo will crack the DCT lack of feel puzzle. No one has yet and that would be quite an achievement.

I've long speculated that the semi-auto earns it's props on the racetrack going nine to ten tenths, where the joy of driving is a little more in the cornering forces, braking, apex, etc. Nothing against great heel/toe downshifting as that's a tremendous pleasure too, but I'm sure it's a pretty close battle to which is more enjoyable.

On the street, I'm sure the super fast shifts are fun once in a while, but over the long haul of typical street driving (even aggressively), I cannot see how you beat a 3 pedal manual. The nuance of single vs. dual clutch semi-auto seems academic by comparison, although if the dual is that much number than single, I can definitely see the argument for it in a street car.

Many a racing car purist will say that just about 99% of street cars are compromises for track duty anyways. Step up to a 458 Challenge and get a stickshift for the street. :icon_thumleft:

:)

Fellippe my friend you are fighting a losing battle, the manual tranny is gone, gone a lot faster than we've anticipated, around 2010 I honestly thought there were at least another 5 years left in it.

I want one!!!

Please make it look cool and I like sissor doors PLEASE!!!..... and don't make it look like a Sisto Elemento!!!

I drive DCT everyday and I LOVE it, I am not talking about the shift time as much as I am talking about smoothness, power delivery and overall experience, DCT turns a mediocre car into a very good car.

I agree 100% that in an exotic would be very boring unless some aggressiveness is built into it

I have driven a lot of DCT cars. NONE of them feel as exciting as the ISR transmission. There is no benefit to the shift time, it is only what feel you like better. Because DCT is smoother it does not make it better. The power delivery is not any better in a dual clutch, and how does a DCT turn a mediocre car into a very good car exactly? For that matter, does that mean a torque converter makes a mediocre car a great car?

The speed in which the ISR shifts is not a problem. The feel is a love or hate thing. Just like dual clutch. I happen to love single clutch (which is more like a true manual transmission) over dual clutch (which feels more like a true automatic transmission). Its that simple. I prefer paddles over 3 pedals, and the ISR is perfection. I think it will be appreciated one day once all these middle aged british journalists with bad backs lose their influence over peoples opinions of exotics. They are very talented and entertaining, but they are not always correct. They are also very good at selling their opinions as fact. :eusa_shhh:

:icon_mrgreen:

What we can't deny is the fact that a 600 HP, V10, naturally aspirated, DCT Cabrera with Veneno/Aventador styling cues would sound and look amazing, exciting times ahead :eusa_dance:

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :iamwithstupid:

I've long speculated that the semi-auto earns it's props on the racetrack going nine to ten tenths, where the joy of driving is a little more in the cornering forces, braking, apex, etc. Nothing against great heel/toe downshifting as that's a tremendous pleasure too, but I'm sure it's a pretty close battle to which is more enjoyable.

On the street, I'm sure the super fast shifts are fun once in a while, but over the long haul of typical street driving (even aggressively), I cannot see how you beat a 3 pedal manual. The nuance of single vs. dual clutch semi-auto seems academic by comparison, although if the dual is that much number than single, I can definitely see the argument for it in a street car.

Many a racing car purist will say that just about 99% of street cars are compromises for track duty anyways. Step up to a 458 Challenge and get a stickshift for the street. :icon_thumleft:

:)

Fellippe my friend you are fighting a losing battle, the manual tranny is gone, gone a lot faster than we've anticipated, around 2010 I honestly thought there were at least another 5 years left in it.

:iamwithstupid:

Really looking forward to seeing this in the flesh, particularly after the eyeball-rape of the impressive Veneno. Actually I liked the Sesto as well, which is a minority position on the board, but for me it just worked for whatever reason. Centro stile is on a roll.

Most of us will mourn the passing of the manual transmission, but as Allan has been whoring lately, 'old' is 'in' for a reason...And it's too painful seeing the brand get its ass kicked in performance tests due to not equaling the DCT advantage of its competition.

I still don't think it will beat an MP4 in any metric, just equaling it will be a challenge...but honestly the draw for Lambo are the looks, and that's what I'm most anxious to see revealed.

I have driven a lot of DCT cars. NONE of them feel as exciting as the ISR transmission. There is no benefit to the shift time, it is only what feel you like better. Because DCT is smoother it does not make it better. The power delivery is not any better in a dual clutch, and how does a DCT turn a mediocre car into a very good car exactly? For that matter, does that mean a torque converter makes a mediocre car a great car?

Let me clarify, I was talking about DCT in my DD, I wouldn't have it any other way, I do not require any drama, feeling the shift, jerkiness etc in my DD, I just want a smooth ride with sporty tendencies when I feel like getting up it.

The DCT is a perfect transmission for my DD for ME :icon_mrgreen:

Yes DCT transforms cars for the better, R35 GTR, 458, MP4 wouldn't be the same cars with a single clutch transmission, at the same time that's the reason why I don't like them, I don't like soft sports cars.

Take the DCT out of the F458 and you will just about be left with a F430, etc.

If you want to experience the difference a DCT makes to a car go and test drive the new R8 with DCT than test the one with single clutch and lets talk again, other than the transmission the cars are identical, the DCT completely transformed the car.

I am with you on the hardcore sports cars I prefer the single clutch, ISR, etc., horses for courses.

i'm sure it will be a great and good looking car, very fast. DCT gives a big emprovement in drag times and it's the best choice for street sport cars. Today manual gearbox is obslete: it's good just for a vintage car like mine, even if i can understand very well why someone still likes it.

ciao