Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

Let me clarify, I was talking about DCT in my DD, I wouldn't have it any other way, I do not require any drama, feeling the shift, jerkiness etc in my DD, I just want a smooth ride with sporty tendencies when I feel like getting up it.

I can respect that. But, not all single clutches are jerky. My DD's are a 612 and a H1. I would want it any other way ;-)

The FF is seamless and faster than the 612 but not nearly as fun. Even for daily driving IMO.

BTW, The ISR is very smooth with the latest software.

The DCT is a perfect transmission for my DD for ME :icon_mrgreen:

Yes!

Yes DCT transforms cars for the better, R35 GTR, 458, MP4 wouldn't be the same cars with a single clutch transmission, at the same time that's the reason why I don't like them, I don't like soft sports cars.

Take the DCT out of the F458 and you will just about be left with a F430, etc.

You can't say that! The 458 and MP4 would need the latest SCT transmission technology to compare them. Don't tell me that because you think if the new model had 8 year old SCT technology that it wouldn't be as good, therefore the SCT can't be as good in those cars. Clutchless SCT has improved a lot.

If you want to experience the difference a DCT makes to a car go and test drive the new R8 with DCT than test the one with single clutch and lets talk again, other than the transmission the cars are identical, the DCT completely transformed the car.

I am with you on the hardcore sports cars I prefer the single clutch, ISR, etc., horses for courses.

I am discussing the ISR. Not all single clutches are equal. This discussion is about the G successor and my wish for ISR. I know I won't get it, but I hope it is an option.

i'm sure it will be a great and good looking car, very fast. DCT gives a big emprovement in drag times and it's the best choice for street sport cars. Today manual gearbox is obslete: it's good just for a vintage car like mine, even if i can understand very well why someone still likes it.

ciao

I agree that the stick shift is a thing of the past. A great part of owning a vintage car for a different feel. I do not agree that clutchless SCT is automatically inferior to dual clutch in modern super cars.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason I mentioned the difference in the behavior of he cars above was because of the experience with the Audi R8 and I stand by it, please go and experience it if you have the time, you will be very surprised to see how much it changes the character of the car.

I like the SCTs in my sports cars just as much as you do but I am afraid they aren't very far behind the manual in terms of life expectancy, I'd say 5 years and they will be out of main stream production cars.

I've watched Episode 9 in the Koenigsegg (sp) thread where the owner talks about their proprietary in house build transmission, very interesting tranny, with very interesting tech.

Edit:

RB link to the video if you haven't seen it

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...t&p=1022169

I love the ISR...in the Aventador. I really do and I'm glad it is there. The G is another matter. As we hauled ass down a road (I don't want to mention the member since he hasn't made it public but NO it was not DoctaM3) I commented to him on how smooth the DCT was. We made a turn and he planted his foot in the gas and ran up through 4 gears. It was one solid linear acceleration. The only way I could tell we were changing gears was the sound of the paddles going click...click...click. It literally took my breath away.

ISR the big bad boy v12 battleships and DCT the nimble v10 fighter jets.

Im guessing the one you rode in was a white/black over a white interior 458 with black wheels located somwhere in either columbus or pittsburgh??

I want one!!!

Please make it look cool and I like sissor doors PLEASE!!!..... and don't make it look like a Sisto Elemento!!!

I'm with ya on the sissor doors...but I would say they will only keep them on their flagship cars, like the Aventador, otherwise it would take away some of the sales from their flagships. Time to sell mine too. :icon_thumleft:

If you guys are talking about drag racing automatic with a torque converter is always the best. From watching youtube videos dct looks really boring, just a light tap and it shift gears perfectly. It's like I'm playing forza on xbox with a racing wheel. It'd be awesome if they introduced a special manual edition for the Aventador SV like what they're doing with the gallardo.

Im guessing the one you rode in was a white/black over a white interior 458 with black wheels located somwhere in either columbus or pittsburgh??

I can neither confirm nor deny the color combo of this particular 458...

... :icon_mrgreen:

I want one!!!

Please make it look cool and I like sissor doors PLEASE!!!..... and don't make it look like a Sisto Elemento!!!

Scissor doors are reserved for the flagship (V12) cars.

I am discussing the ISR. Not all single clutches are equal. This discussion is about the G successor and my wish for ISR. I know I won't get it, but I hope it is an option.

I agree that the stick shift is a thing of the past. A great part of owning a vintage car for a different feel. I do not agree that clutchless SCT is automatically inferior to dual clutch in modern super cars.

A single clutch sequential (like motorcyle gearboxes) with hydraulic actuators maybe is the best for racing and track lap time performance. An ISR is the best for the Aventador and his front gearbox that does not allow enough room for a DTC. ISR is smaller, lighter, brutal and violent. DCT is faster in standard mode and smoother. Maybe there is not one winner, maybe it's just our taste!

Of course the new G will have just the DTC as it will share it with the new R8 and R8 already has the DTC.

But you will have three ISR very soon in your garage: you can feel the power... :)

ciao

I think no way they will make it forced induction. People could just turn up boost and be faster than an Aventador.

Fortis, to use the R8 to compared DCT and the single clutch, is a big mistake. That old tranny is utter garbage!!

:iamwithstupid:

Fortis: You can't compare the ribeye from Ruth's Chris to Denny's and say that all ribeye steaks are only as good as the later. :rolleyes: :icon_mrgreen:

If the new G isnt forced induction I will be very dissapointed!

:eusa_hand: I will be very disappointed if it is. :eusa_snooty: NA all the way. :bleh: :icon_thumleft:

Get ready to be disappointed.

:eusa_clap: :headbang:

A single clutch sequential (like motorcyle gearboxes) with hydraulic actuators maybe is the best for racing and track lap time performance. An ISR is the best for the Aventador and his front gearbox that does not allow enough room for a DTC. ISR is smaller, lighter, brutal and violent. DCT is faster in standard mode and smoother. Maybe there is not one winner, maybe it's just our taste!

Like I always say, I don't buy my supercars to be better in rush hour traffic. I buy them for when I don't have to deal with that and I can have fun. That's just me though. I understand some people like smooth better. I do not. But it is a preference. DCT is NOT better.

This morning I spent an hour in standstill traffic on the highway in a SCT Ferrari on my way to a meeting. It was great. The traffic was traffic and annoying, but the car was great!

Of course the new G will have just the DTC as it will share it with the new R8 and R8 already has the DTC.

But you will have three ISR very soon in your garage: you can feel the power... :)

I am sure you are correct. I would rather have 4 ISR's in the next year with the G replacement being the 4th, but like I said, you are probably right.

Fortis, to use the R8 to compared DCT and the single clutch, is a big mistake. That old tranny is utter garbage!!

I understand but that's a real life comparison not a hypothetical, you can experience first hand how much the DCT changed the car, dynamics, etc., the SCT in the pre facelift R8 isn't any different than the one in the Gallardo series and all the SCT's available in the medium to high production sports cars today.

Hands down the best SCT is the ISR in the Aventador, I haven't experienced the Agera and Huayra so I can't comment on that.

Let me state for the record where I stand :icon_mrgreen:

DD = DCT

FUN = SCT

RB we can continue the debate in Italy and get Albert to pick a winner :icon_mrgreen:

If the G comes N/A its a loser out the gate.. I also dont see how they can afford NOT to be faster than the current Aventador, when the G's immediate competitor, the Mp-4 is, and Im willing to bet the forthcoming 991 Turbo will be as well. I cant wait to see those Road Tests.. Lambos latest Gallardo...SMOKED BY THE COMPETITION. So inmo if you are going to buy a new car that gets smoked by the rest, might as well buy an old one and look better than the rest..... :eusa_clap:

DCT = winning

SCT = losing

600+ HP, AWD and DCT in the Gallardo replacement will be where it's at as long as they keep the weight down... BUT the price just went way up for the TT options, as the DCT won't hold too much extra power and a lot of time, development and $$ will be needed to upgrade it ...

Let me state for the record where I stand :icon_mrgreen:

DD = DCT

FUN = SCT

RB we can continue the debate in Italy and get Albert to pick a winner :icon_mrgreen:

With the exception the RR, I don't buy any cars that I don't feel are fun. I loved my Miata. It was fun! Fun cars come in all price ranges.

I look forward to breaking bread with you in Italy my friend! :icon_pidu:

If the G comes N/A its a loser out the gate.. I also dont see how they can afford NOT to be faster than the current Aventador, when the G's immediate competitor, the Mp-4 is, and Im willing to bet the forthcoming 991 Turbo will be as well. I cant wait to see those Road Tests.. Lambos latest Gallardo...SMOKED BY THE COMPETITION. So inmo if you are going to buy a new car that gets smoked by the rest, might as well buy an old one and look better than the rest..... :eusa_clap:

Sorry Brother, but if "which is faster" was what sells these cars, McLaren would be doing a lot better than they are with the MP4. :eusa_naughty: Outside of some internet forums, youtube sites and 12 or younger boys, it doesn't matter.

There will never be a time that the Aventador isn't a fast stock car. The Gallardo replacement will be fast, but it doesn't matter if it is .4 seconds slower around a lap or 2 seconds faster. It will sell and be in demand because it will be (me speculating based on past history) sexy as hell, fast as hell, and more fun then the other cars in its segment.

DCT = winning

SCT = losing

Losing what exactly? :eusa_think:

The Aventador is still on back order and selling above sticker in its third model year. The amazing MP4 is selling 20-50k under sticker and selling one is hard since there are so many on the market. The single clutch isn't hurting the Aventador's sales. All the owners that have the software update love it!

To be clear, I do think the MP4 is an amazing car and the DCT fits the cars personality well. I am highly considering getting a spider if they drop like the coupes. It is a great car and an amazing buy at where they're trading.

I loved my Miata. It was fun! Fun cars come in all price ranges.

I like this quote. :iamwithstupid:

I love the speculation about a car we know nothing about at the present. Fact is, all new sports cars are too fast for 99% of the drivers and are potential death traps. Quite frankly , to me, the performance figures really don't matter that much anymore. If i want o go really fast, i have race cars i take to the track and they are faster than anything one drives on the street. So, any new car purchase is going to be based on emotion and how much that car talks to me visually.

I love the speculation about a car we know nothing about at the present. Fact is, all new sports cars are too fast for 99% of the drivers and are potential death traps. Quite frankly , to me, the performance figures really don't matter that much anymore. If i want o go really fast, i have race cars i take to the track and they are faster than anything one drives on the street. So, any new car purchase is going to be based on emotion and how much that car talks to me visually.

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

With the exception the RR, I don't buy any cars that I don't feel are fun. I loved my Miata. It was fun! Fun cars come in all price ranges.

Even after owning the Gallardo...I still remember my 98 Honda Prelude...it was a fun car...Fcuk Honda for discontinuing those Preludes.

Even after owning the Gallardo...I still remember my 98 Honda Prelude...it was a fun car...Fcuk Honda for discontinuing those Preludes.

Yeah! The Prelude was a fun car. A friend had one. Good times!! :icon_super:

If the G replacement is coming in 2014, does anyone know when the 458 will be replaced?

:iamwithstupid:

Not many of us can squeeze 100% out of 500HP, not many of us have the opportunity to max our cars out, not many of us have the place to do it so as you rightly put it its emotion and visual stimulation.

I don't care a MP4 is faster, to me is as exciting as a wet towel.