Oblivion.

Hemlock

Just came back from this.

I'm not a Tom Cruise fan by any means but I don't boycott his stuff like others do. As a matter of fact I could care less what he does in his private life.

So I went to see this film has it looked interesting visually.

I loved it, great visuals, great architecture and design. Great sountrack by French (:icon_mrgreen:) band M83, ok script, overall an impressive sci fi movie and I hadn't seen a good one in a long time.

If anything the movie is maybe a bit too long but I totally recommand seeing it in the theatre as most would be lost even on the biggest TV screen.

Anybody else seen it?

Haven't seen it but looking forward to it. Saw the previews back when I went to see Jack Reacher and I thought it looked Awesome.

back when I went to see Jack Reacher

So, youre the guy who saw that movie?

I'm guessing it has a lot of Tom Cruise yelling, jumping, shooting and being generally confused by "mind blowing" revelations from Morgan Freeman. Than he goes off to 'right the wrong' and start over as the new leader? :lol2:

So, youre the guy who saw that movie?

I saw that on an airplane because I had seen most of the other things that looked interesting. Does that count? lol

The movie was visually pleasing but....its literally 2 movies morphed into one. Take the plot of "Moon" and the ending of "Independence Day" and you get Oblivion.

Predictable ending, but I enjoyed it. Took my 16 yo daughter and there is more sapiness in the movie than I thought there would be. It is entertaining and now I want a glass swimming pool suspended about 14,000 feet above the ground.

i saw it on my iphone while working. boot leg version. not bad. kind of like a mix of total recall and minority report. story was decent but had potential for more i think.

i still have yet to see olympus has fallen. more interested in that actually. more action....

Might try to go see this over the weekend with my dad. Love sci fi stuff. Just saw Prometheus this past weekend and I finally know where my picture (ahem....Porter) is from lol

Might try to go see this over the weekend with my dad. Love sci fi stuff. Just saw Prometheus this past weekend and I finally know where my picture (ahem....Porter) is from lol

You gotta be kidding me!

I thought it was a CK ad! :D

I liked it, but admittedly I am easily amused. Not a bad show. I thought the ending could use some work. Meh.

saw it over the weekend, I thought it was thoroughly enjoyable on the imax screen. Good special effects and visuals.

The movie was visually pleasing but....its literally 2 movies morphed into one. Take the plot of "Moon" and the ending of "Independence Day" and you get Oblivion.

Add matrix with drone minus squid arms. Movie was visually stunning and the story was predictable. Liked it a lot...

Im gonna give it one thumbs up.. Just sort of MEH... Nothing special..

BEWARE - PSEUDO SPOILER

I'm sorry, I went full meh. The death star-ish exhaust port weakness on the drones...

If word gets out to the other Jacks she is going to be a very busy girl...

Saw it last week. It's visually pleasing and has a decent plot although it borrows many ideas from other sci-fi flicks. Tom Cruise is a great actor even though I'm not a fan of him off camera. I liked the other casting as well. I enjoyed it and definitely don't regret going to see it. One of my friends described it as a sci-fi movie for someone who doesn't necessarily like sci-fi. I think that describes it well. Mainstreamed but with elements from other monumental films.

TL;DR - Go see it, it's a good way to spend 2 hours. I give it a 7/10.