Powerball soars to $550million with no winner last night...

MHaynes772

this is somewhat on topic,

someone mentioned that this amount of money is actually less than some forum owners.

this is a good watch for a few minutes, obviously common sense dictates that the lower quintiles are collectively not going to be as much as the upper, but still if you have a few minutes

http://www.upworthy.com/9-out-of-10-americ...-blowing-fact-2

The video is very wrong IMO. Based on a huge misunderstanding of wealth and income.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright LP, who won??

10, 13, 14, 22, 52.......11

Question....Do they have to be in that exact order to win a prize? For example, if my ticket said: 10, 13, 22, etc. am I still considered to hit (3) numbers?

Idiots are idiots rich or not...but it's a fact it's a

lot easier to be happy with money than without....PERIOD

No it isn't.

Yes you have 3 numbers so 7 bucks unless you opted for the extra play.

Sweet. I got $7!! :icon_mrgreen:

and you spent ?

I am looking at the bright side of things. I won $7! :lol2:

I spent $20. I think this is the 3rd time I ever played the lottery in my life.

No it isn't.

this i guess could be a very philosophical argument,

but surely nobody could argue that money in some sense can make life happier.

im not talking the difference between having $1m and $100m

but the difference between being below the poverty line or above it surely would greatly affect your happiness and in turn this is surely a case where money can make it easier to be happy.

I had zero and I was just as happy as I am now, what made me happy back then and what makes me happy now can not be bought with money, my children, my wife, my immediate family, my friends, my work, my health.

Those who consider material things as a source of their happiness IMO are misguided and there is something lacking in their lives.

Let's not confuse happiness with the sense of security your financial wealth brings.

I would be just as happy to have zero if I had all of the above, I can live without a Lambo, a big house, boats, planes, villas around the world, etc, etc.

I will not spend my life chasing the mighty $ when I have everything what I will ever need right under my nose if the type of work I do wasn't as profitable as it is I wouldn't care, I do it because I LOVE it not because I want to make more $$$, $$$ are just a byproduct.

Anyway that's just my opinion and I sincerely hope every single one of you will find your own happiness without having to sacrifice every single spare moment you have in order to achieve it :icon_thumleft:

Dude... I won the lottery already this year... No way I dare to wish for more.

Dude... I won the lottery already this year... No way I dare to wish for more.

Post of he thread :icon_super:

Exactly what I meant!!

One winner in Florida! pockmark? :icon_mrgreen:

A sole winner in Florida will be taking home the entire $600+ million dollar jackpot (or $350+million dollars before taxes if they opted for the cash option). :shock: Someone in that state had a VERY good night!

A sole winner in Florida will be taking home the entire $600+ million dollar jackpot (or $350+million dollars before taxes if they opted for the cash option). :shock: Someone in that state had a VERY good night!

Anyone hear from Abolfaz or PikeMike? Have they gone into hiding? :D

“I’ve never been so sure of anything in my life. I am going to win this lottery.” – Homer Simpson

“Homer, the odds are three-hundred-and-eighty million to one.” – Marge Simpson

“Correction, three-hundred-and-eighty million to fifty!” – Homer Simpson

So I had the powerball number of 11, but not the rest of the numbers unfortunately.

I could have used $245 million. I guess I will have to earn it the conventional way

I will not spend my life chasing the mighty $ when I have everything what I will ever need right under my nose if the type of work I do wasn't as profitable as it is I wouldn't care, I do it because I LOVE it not because I want to make more $$$, $$$ are just a byproduct.

You are blessed(or skilled I would rather say)! And I absolutely agree with you but most people work beacause they have to and not because they love it. And in that sense for most people it would be quite the happy life changer to win that sum and stop working.

I'm actually in Barefoot Beach on vacation, and when I heard the winner bought the ticket at a Publix in Zephyr Hills, I texted the guy who bought my black TTG (who lives in Zephyr Hills) and told him if it was him I was going to stop by on my way back, lol. He called me and said it wasn't him but was bought at the Publix where he buys his groceries, and the rumor up there is it may be an employee of the store. Supposedly a long time reliable employee didn't show up for work today and didn't call in either.

How athletes go broke, from their own mouth

Very good documentary, saw it on Netflix about a month ago.

You are blessed(or skilled I would rather say)! And I absolutely agree with you but most people work beacause they have to and not because they love it. And in that sense for most people it would be quite the happy life changer to win that sum and stop working.

I will comment no further on this but in a nutshell what I am getting at is that you are able to find happiness irrespective of what you do and/or your financial status is, the only thing which should affect your happiness is losing your health or the health of those you love and care for or death which is irreversible and we can not do anything about.

Thinking that money is the answer to your happiness is misguided and you will live your life with regrets and struggles when you shouldn't be doing it, yes money will make your life easier therefore you think you are happier, but with money comes great responsibility and burden, your life does not necessarily become easier or happier because the task for achieving the next level has been set, you aren't happier at your current level anymore you want to go to the next, so now you are a unhappy person with a higher financial status, you are more comfortable I will give you that but not necessary happier because you will have to be keeping up with the Jones's. Remember there is always somebody "happier" than you :icon_mrgreen:

Money brings you a sense of SECURITY not happiness, you might feel happier because you feel more secure but you can achieve the same by changing your mindset you don't necessarily need money for that.

Do not for a moment think that there are no happy people living in mud huts looking everyday for their next meal because I can assure you there are plenty, would I want to be there? no I wouldn't and I would work hard trying to get out because that's the type of individual I am, would I be unhappy while struggling? if I had the ingredients for my happiness around me, ingredients which I've stated above, I wouldn't!

I would be happy at my level, the minute I learned how to "trigger" my happiness I've felt very liberated and I was 100% more focused at the task at hand which was to secure myself financially because now I need toys :icon_mrgreen: which really you can ALWAYS live without, which you always appreciate more when you don't have them than when you do :icon_thumleft:

As I said the minute you find happiness at your own level the better and easier your life will be and I wish everyone would have the ability to do so.I don't mean for you to be content what I mean is to find happiness at every level and not put it on hold until you've achieved the perceived level where you think you will be happier because you might end up being disappointed and learn that you just wasted a lot of time.

Anyway sorry about the off topic, let's get back on it and see who the happy guy/girl is, at least for now, because statistically speaking he or she will have more of a chance of being broke, losing their friends, alienating their family, possibly ending up in jail or worse in less than few years.

Well Shit Fortis, the only logical question is what do you do to earn all this blissful income???

:shock: :lol2: :lol2: