Diablo Refresh

Sudesh

Thank you kindly everyone for the nice posts, and private messages.

At the moment I can't even share as to what exactly happened as the doctors themselves seem baffled.....

All I know is they have put it down to this brain infection call encephalitis. A very rare and strong strain of the infection. On one side of the medical bracelet I have to whare is certain info on what I am not alloyed to be given should I go down again, on the other it tells my name etc, plus the name of the infection and a bit more info.

To think you can go to bed feeling 100% then wake up 5 months later in hospital is very scary; with massive memory loss and all the symptions I mentioned. I have a lovely huge scar in my throat now.... I have special shoe insoles cut/made every 3 weeks to help with my walking and build the muscles. 5 months laying killed allot of that. In hospital I had to use the gym every second day to get me working.

Eating normal was hard for a while, My first stake was just amazing lol I just loved my first take out lol.

Alien abduction... :eek3dance:

Seriously though, glad to have you back Sudesh! I saw the Diablo post and was really looking forward to seeing what you had changed this time, then Wow!

BTW when are you going to be finished with MY car? Jeez... :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your car? Is it here? I have a few but don't know who owns what lol

Thanks for the cheerful post, had a good laugh at it lol. You have a nice Diablo..

Alien abduction... :eek3dance:

Seriously though, glad to have you back Sudesh! I saw the Diablo post and was really looking forward to seeing what you had changed this time, then Wow!

BTW when are you going to be finished with MY car? Jeez... :icon_mrgreen:

Wow, that is scary stuff!

So sorry to hear this but very glad you're on the road to recovery.

All the best.

Zack

Thanks Zack. I've received so many nice email from members I'm overwhelmed and Something I have printed off to keep on file you you guys have been very kind.

Now all I want is someone to introduce me to the Colombian lady in the TV series Modern Family lol. I'll give her my Diablo and look after her and the car lol.

Wow, that is scary stuff!

So sorry to hear this but very glad you're on the road to recovery.

All the best.

Zack

really unbelievable! never heard something like this

i whish you ALL the best and hope you get a complete recovery the soonest possible

WOW I cant believe I missed your update! I pray you will have a speedy recovery, Sudesh!

I'm sure you've already done some reading on it, but I found this page very fascinating:

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/...al-encephalitis

I couldnt imagine waking up and having no recollection of my kid :shocked:

You'll need to get in line (behind me) for the Colombian family from Modern Family though..

Hi Allan,

I see your racking up the posts! Good to see your still keeping watch..

It's scary but having no memory I guess helps a bit in a way. I think it was worse for my family as we already lost a son/brother back in 1995 in a car accident. For them to loose another was killing them every second. I can't bare to think what it was like for them even.

Glad you are back. Was wondering where you disappeared to. Hope they get everything figured out. That must have been scary as hell for your family..

I'm wishing you all the best!!!! I'm just shocked with this, so crazy what life will throw at you. Keep fighting and don't ever give up!!!!!

Damn good to have you back, that must have been a nightmare for your family.

Wishing you all the best.

Kim

lol you can have the rest of the family, the mum/lady will do me just fine....

You'll need to get in line (behind me) for the Colombian family from Modern Family though..

Thanks for the link you sent me too, very interesting reading.

Allan it was terrible for them, my mum obviously affected very bad seeing as we lost a son/brother back in 95 in a car accident, he was only 19 from memory, maybe 20... Memory not too good yet and blocked out allot.

I did receive VERY good news yesterday from the head doctor in Ireland, that is in charge of my case, and they said they were very happy with the progress I've made, and extremely happy from the recent MRI scan I went through, which was only 3 weeks ago. The letter was the best news I received in a while, and a massive weight of my mum and dads and 2 brothers shoulders.

Me I'm a sceptic, at the end of the day, I went to bed all healthy, strong, happy life, working hard and living healthy, I'm only 9 stone lol. 5 months later I wake up in hospital in the condition I mentioned.

I'm trying to stay positive and the great words from this club and others his nice, and getting to do bits on my car is good too. I petter stop polishing it now though as there will be no paint left lol.

Hope your keeping well Allan?

Glad you are back. Was wondering where you disappeared to. Hope they get everything figured out. That must have been scary as hell for your family..

Thanks every one.........I hope to start some more refresh program soon, and do everything in my usually format with regards to photos and what way I work things out etc.

Currently I have the car up on ramps and about to start draining of all fluids as its being sitting for 2 coming 3 years. In this case it's not good to have a vehicle like this [for me any vehicle] sitting for so long and just start driving it again. I will be draining engine oil and change the filter, Ill be replacing the coolant and blowing out the tank and sucking out any grime/crud in both. The fuel tank will also be drained and cleaned out. The rubbers all round the car will be inspected, especially the ones where water can enter. I'll be checking any of the rubber hoses that are on the car for fading, some I've replaced /manufactured in stainless so they will be fine.

Wheel alignment and steering turning circle wheel be inspected at the joints. There are a few rubber boots on the car that may need to be replaced then filled with fresh grease.

Even though my car stored in a heated garage, things still have to be inspected. The seals around the doors need replaced now, I've seen some wear there and have no idea when they where last replanted or ever replaced. My car is 1993. If the door seals need replaced its best to do the engine and bonnet/hood too. I will check the prices with Lambo on these, depending on there silly prices, I may look into making my own.

One of the good things I did before I fell into the coma was, I already had my car up off the ground, this stopped flat spots in the tyres. As we know they are expensive for these cars. Well you guys in the US or other country's may get them cheaper, but here, it's almost £1000GBP for just 2 rears!

There are plenty more to follow.....

Thanks every one.........I hope to start some more refresh program soon, and do everything in my usually format with regards to photos and what way I work things out etc.

Currently I have the car up on ramps and about to start draining of all fluids as its being sitting for 2 coming 3 years. In this case it's not good to have a vehicle like this [for me any vehicle] sitting for so long and just start driving it again. I will be draining engine oil and change the filter, Ill be replacing the coolant and blowing out the tank and sucking out any grime/crud in both. The fuel tank will also be drained and cleaned out. The rubbers all round the car will be inspected, especially the ones where water can enter. I'll be checking any of the rubber hoses that are on the car for fading, some I've replaced /manufactured in stainless so they will be fine.

Wheel alignment and steering turning circle wheel be inspected at the joints. There are a few rubber boots on the car that may need to be replaced then filled with fresh grease.

Even though my car stored in a heated garage, things still have to be inspected. The seals around the doors need replaced now, I've seen some wear there and have no idea when they where last replanted or ever replaced. My car is 1993. If the door seals need replaced its best to do the engine and bonnet/hood too. I will check the prices with Lambo on these, depending on there silly prices, I may look into making my own.

One of the good things I did before I fell into the coma was, I already had my car up off the ground, this stopped flat spots in the tyres. As we know they are expensive for these cars. Well you guys in the US or other country's may get them cheaper, but here, it's almost £1000GBP for just 2 rears!

There are plenty more to follow.....

Looking quite forward to updates.. especially on window trims..

Have you some issues on your trims at the moment?

Looking quite forward to updates.. especially on window trims..

Have you some issues on your trims at the moment?

Well- if you count not having any to speak of as an issue :-)

lol then your in real bad shape then....

Well- if you count not having any to speak of as an issue :-)

Whoah, thats crazy. Good to hear your recovering from what must have been a living nightmare.

best

g

Thank you Sir. It was and still is unfortunately. I still get the small seizures that last about 60 seconds or so, and have the happen to repeat myself lol, plus the spelling thing is still bugging me. Washed mums car for her today. After I was done I decided to sit down for a coffee and watch "every body loves Raymond' great show lol. 2 hrs later I went back out yo wash her car again! Only for my mum to say, " what you doing.? You already washed it! Feel like a right ass lol....

Wahoah, thats crazy. Good to hear your recovering from what must have been a living nightmare.

best

g

• 8 months later...

I'm trying to figure out how much interest their would be in getting some Carbon Fibre Door Sills and Rear light surrounds made ?

I know Sudesh was looking at this previously.

They would be for a pre-GT/6.0 cars.

I'll start - 1 set for me of both.