Hawthorne Cops killed Dog...

dreamcast18

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love dogs and that was pretty sad, but i'm also not a fan of getting my ass chewed up by a visibly upset Rottie. Owner should have done a better job securing the dog inside his car.

:iamwithstupid: I love dogs as well however what's the officer to do? Let a Rott chew him or her up, the officer that did the shoting was not the officer that iniated the arrest so it was'nt their fault.

i do agree with better job of securing the dog wasthe fault of the owner but did it need to happen it looked like the owner was being detained for filming correctisnt he allowed to do that?

i do agree with better job of securing the dog wasthe fault of the owner but did it need to happen it looked like the owner was being detained for filming correctisnt he allowed to do that?

It's a crappy situation. I don't think he was doing anything illegal.

He was detained for obstructing officers during a barricade.

Now me, if the swat team or several police cars was somewhere I'd GTFO in case bullets started flying. This guy is taking video.

In some cases I think these videos are good because they keep the cops honest, but there is risk involved.

In the end the owner is at fault because he didn't secure his dog properly and if a rotty came at me aggressively and I had a gun the rotty would be eating lead too, and I'm a dog lover.

Im a lot less concerned about the dog, and a lot more concerned about the treatment of the HUMAN.

Why was he being arrested? And why did they grab him around his throat when it was obvious he was not resisting in any way? The arresting cops should be fired...

Yeah... He was being a bit of a knucklehead.... GUESS WHAT FELLAS, HES ALLOWED TO BE A KNUCKLEHEAD.... He isnt interfering in your big bad SWAT callout... And yeah, he may be putting himself at risk (not really, but lets agree to it for arguments sake)... But guess what, THATS ON HIM.... If hes a knucklehead and gets too close and gets hurt, well, thats bigboy rules. Leave him alone, let him make his little film, and dont escalate the situation because youre hot and bored and feel like fcuking with somebody who isnt being deferential.

BTW.... Hawthorne, and INGLEWOOD PD are two of the DIRTIEST fcuking departments in the state.

BTW.... Hawthorne, and INGLEWOOD PD are two of the DIRTIEST fcuking departments in the state.

Couldn't agree more, totally unnecessary arrest. Still amazed that the LAPD still continues to operate like they aren't being filmed. Stunning considering the Rodney King riots.

Looks like the Internet crashed their site: http://www.cityofhawthorne.com/depts/police/contact.asp

Saw someone posted this:

"Dogs do not understand what is going on and that dog was not displaying the typical behaviors of a vicious or otherwise at risk dog. The dog was barking and jumping, not biting growling, no raised hair, no dominance stance... I used to VOLUNTEER at the local pound, ran by the police/animal control for my city and before I was permitted to even volunteer I had to take a city sponsored course in spotting the signs of an at risk attack from an animal. Dogs and cats mostly. How are police officers not given similar training? It's obvious this dog was worried about his owner and confused, but not vicious or dangerous."

How accurate is that? I feel bad for the dog, but the owner was being stupid as well. I don't think what the cops did was right, but it wasn't entirely their fault either.

Im a lot less concerned about the dog, and a lot more concerned about the treatment of the HUMAN.

Why was he being arrested? And why did they grab him around his throat when it was obvious he was not resisting in any way? The arresting cops should be fired...

Yeah... He was being a bit of a knucklehead.... GUESS WHAT FELLAS, HES ALLOWED TO BE A KNUCKLEHEAD.... He isnt interfering in your big bad SWAT callout... And yeah, he may be putting himself at risk (not really, but lets agree to it for arguments sake)... But guess what, THATS ON HIM.... If hes a knucklehead and gets too close and gets hurt, well, thats bigboy rules. Leave him alone, let him make his little film, and dont escalate the situation because youre hot and bored and feel like fcuking with somebody who isnt being deferential.

:iamwithstupid:

My blood is absolutely boiling right now, why did they arrest the guy?

He was filming them like pretty much everyone else on the street, the cops are at fault, the idiot cop turned a harmless situation into a volatile one for no reason, arrested the guy without any reason, abused him while in cuffs and then the happy trigger idiot killed his dog. I hope those scumbags will be charged.

I hope he sets up a fund to take the cops to court, I would be more than happy to contribute to see those ashole cops being charged.

The guy was devastated watching his best friend being killed! :(

My blood is absolutely boiling right now, why did they arrest the guy?

He was filming them like pretty much everyone else on the street, the cops are at fault, the idiot cop turned a harmless situation into a volatile one for no reason, arrested the guy without any reason, abused him while in cuffs and then the happy trigger idiot killed his dog. I hope those scumbags will be charged.

I hope he sets up a fund to take the cops to court, I would be more than happy to contribute to see those ashole cops being charged.

The guy was devastated watching his best friend being killed! :(

From what I read the cops were dealing with a hostage situation in the house and the guy parked his car and cranked his music up super loud, putting the same song on repeat and refusing to turn it down. Who knows how accurate that is though.

IMO, taking a dog around cops is a BAD idea, for this reason. You never know if some crap could happen where if the cops start restraining you, all the dog sees is its owner being manhandled, and depending on the cops, could lead to it possibly being shot.

Same old shit keeps happening in the good old USA .Power hungry cops turn a non situation into a stupid situation and decide to arrest someone just because they can. In this case. dog died. Sad.

From what I read the cops were dealing with a hostage situation in the house and the guy parked his car and cranked his music up super loud, putting the same song on repeat and refusing to turn it down. Who knows how accurate that is though.

I know the guy was an idiot for putting himself in that situation but being an idiot isn't illegal, unfortunately :icon_mrgreen:

Sorry but there must be more to this story than that video. There is at least one huge cut in that video and the guy knew he was being a goading dickwad. I mean listen to the commentary itself and they hint at what the guy was like, listen to the arrestee and he is ranting about violation...

I also think assman's last paragraph is correct. Being a dog person I would have no issue shooting a dog that is attacking me.

Same old shit keeps happening in the good old USA .Power hungry cops turn a non situation into a stupid situation and decide to arrest someone just because they can. In this case. dog died. Sad.

I love dogs, but I love me more. If a dog comes at me like that and I can shoot it, I will

Being around an LEO is a social vortex of suck. Nothing good can come of it. Cops are like tornadoes or fire ants -- not worth knowing or getting involved with at any level.

Maybe not in LA, but here leaving your dog in the car is actually a crime. He could have potentially had more charges had he put the windows up and locked the dog in there.. not to mention that could have killed the dog too.

If his music was so loud, why can we not hear it on the video, but we can hear him and the cops talking?

Third if the dog was going to attack them he would have done it when he first ran up before they started reacting, the comments on how the dog was behaving are correct. Furthermore mace and stun guns work the same on dogs as they do people, why would you discharge your weapon 4 times in a crowded neighborhood witih people standing right across the street for a barking dog? In the articles the cops said they were protecting the owner from the dog since he was defensless and in handcuffs. Total BS, if they had given the owner a chance to calm the dog or even stopped abusing the guy when he was not resisting it would have been fine.

It sounds like the guy and cops knew each other fairly well. So they were both probably acting the way they were because of previous run ins. No reason to do what was done, blatant unnecissary use of force against the owner and dog putting more people in danger, not to mention killing the dog.

...why would you discharge your weapon 4 times in a crowded neighborhood with people standing right across the street for a barking dog?

He was just having a big-and-powerful moment. That might be a code 386 or something, as in, "bleelp, uh, roger that dispatch, we've got a '386 in progress at the corner of LaSalle and Main...we've got one chest inflation with multiple hurt feelings...we're gonna need a few more pats on the back to reinforce the situation, bleepitybloop..."

Poor dog. Clearly the owner tried to get the dog out of harms way by putting it in the car. If only the windows were closed a bit more.

Loud music? Disturbing the peace? Please. This isn't the first time someone's been arrested for recording some video. He might have caught the cop doing something unlawful....oh wait.

Sorry but there must be more to this story than that video. There is at least one huge cut in that video and the guy knew he was being a goading dickwad. I mean listen to the commentary itself and they hint at what the guy was like, listen to the arrestee and he is ranting about violation...

I also think assman's last paragraph is correct. Being a dog person I would have no issue shooting a dog that is attacking me.

There's nothing more to the story than that video. Believe me, I've seen this so fcuking often now, where a cop goes and does something (Im talking about the arrest now) so out of left field that it makes you scratch your head. Where it just doesn't add up...