Porsche CGT 2004-2005

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think the running costs on the CGT are anywhere near as bad as people think. Im told that anyone who tried to follow the manufacturer recommended service found out that if you have less than 30K miles none of them needed a valve job.

Absolutely true. Nobody is doing the valve adjustment (that's the engine out bit at 5 years) on time passed alone. And it's not due until 30k miles on distance.

Short of doing fluids and tires, I haven't had to put any maintenance money into my car. And I've had it for a few years now.

I'll do the engine out and probably the clutch at 30k, but that seems very reasonable. By then the car will be at least 10 years old. If I have to spend ~$25k every ten years on clutch + valve adjustment, that seems completely reasonable.

• 3 weeks later...
Allan, yeah, it's parked on my lot. Building a new house right there. If you drive by, you'll see all the drill rigs and shit.

Game for a drive. If not this Sunday, then some time soon for sure!

If these are the roads you like, you'll love the CGT for sure. So good here.

Fing Hell thats your house...I wondered who'd be crazy enough to build one there.

Tell me about it! Will be 5 years from start to finish before the fcuking thing is habitable. But the view... :)

Are we going to see any photos? :icon_mrgreen: