Goverment Shutdown...

Supercar Ace

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My buddy is a pilot on a commercial airline.

Got on speaker and said

"Due to the government shutdown we will have to close all window shades as we are not allowed to look at any of the monuments or memorials." — at Washington National Airport.

My buddy is a pilot on a commercial airline.

Got on speaker and said

LOL!!! Thats hysterical. :lol2:

how is it constitutional to fine americans that don't want healthcare? how is that freedom? this country is turning communist.

without congressional support, how does the president pass obamacare anyways? i am so confused! i thought congress makes laws and president is the executive branch.

nationalized healthcare is supposed to cover outpatient. leave inpatient to supplemental healthcare. that's how it is done in other countries. usa is probably the only one that says "screw you when you get allergy, bone fracture but we'll treat you when you have cancer or 80% burnt."

85% paying for 15%....... Obamacare is an abomination. This whole shutdown thing is an embarrassment. Both sides have dug in so deep a compromise has to be made to allow all to save face.

It's gonna get real ugly before it gets better

85% paying for 15%....... Obamacare is an abomination. This whole shutdown thing is an embarrassment. Both sides have dug in so deep a compromise has to be made to allow all to save face.

It's gonna get real ugly before it gets better

We need a big fcuking red button that fires everyone and wipes the slate clean.

Or we start dinging these guys $10k/day, each, out of their own pocket every day this shit carries on.

Or we start dinging these guys $10k/day, each, out of their own pocket every day this shit carries on.

:iamwithstupid: If they have to foot the bill chances are this shutdown would have lasted 10 minutes...9 of it would have been writing the announcement.

Barricades with signs say the National Mall is closed, but "immigration reform rally" is a go.

As the Washington Examiner reported Monday, rally organizers said that they would be allowed by the NPS to carry out their protest under their First Amendment rights.

Where were the WWII veteran's first amendment rights as they were being kept out -unsuccessfully thank goodness- of their WWII memorial and threatened with arrest?

Oh, this is likely part of the reason: "About 30 members of Congress are expected to attend the rally"

(Including House Minority Leader Nancy "Pass it to see whats in it" Pelosi, D-Calif., and Sen. Robert "I love me some Dominican prostitutes on the taxpayers dime" Menendez, D-N.J.) :jackoff:

Barricades with signs say the National Mall is closed, but "immigration reform rally" is a go.

Where were the WWII veteran's first amendment rights as they were being kept out -unsuccessfully thank goodness- of their WWII memorial and threatened with arrest?

Oh, this is likely part of the reason: "About 30 members of Congress are expected to attend the rally"

(Including House Minority Leader Nancy "Pass it to see whats in it" Pelosi, D-Calif., and Sen. Robert "I love me some Dominican prostitutes on the taxpayers dime" Menendez, D-N.J.) :jackoff:

:iamwithstupid:

I agree with Saul Goodman here, "This is a travesty, a sham, and a mockery...It's a traveshamockery!" That is the only word adequate to describe this :icon_oak:

We need a big fcuking red button that fires everyone and wipes the slate clean.

Im a big fan of the Constitution... But I'll tell you where they got it wrong.... There should have been a 2nd clause to the 10th Amendment.

"All Laws passed under this Constitution shall automatically sunset 10 years after passage."

That would have kept these assholes BUSY, reauthorizing the IMPORTANT SHIT, so they wouldn't have time to fcuk things up the way they have.

Obama has ordered PRIVATELY run national parks that do not use taxpayers funds to close.

Why would anybody trust a government that punishes citizens OUT OF SPITE, with their life and death healthcare issues?

That reminds me of when the Big Banks were failing, American Express which is also a bank, and had a pretty strong balance sheet at the time, was FORCED to take billions in "bailout" money which they didn't need to ensure the government looked like they were doing all they could. Then they had to pay the money back with interest!

Im a big fan of the Constitution... But I'll tell you where they got it wrong.... There should have been a 2nd clause to the 10th Amendment.

"All Laws passed under this Constitution shall automatically sunset 10 years after passage."

That would have kept these assholes BUSY, reauthorizing the IMPORTANT SHIT, so they wouldn't have time to fcuk things up the way they have.

:iamwithstupid:

They SHOULD be busy with impartant shit now, they just choose to bicker and try and influence public opinion instead of doing their jobs. American Democracy is turning into days of our lives. They need to stop attaching unrelated legislation to pending bills for starters. If you want another vote on Obomercare then vote on it, don't attach it to something that will close the gov't. Just ignorance on both sides, with no accountability.

They SHOULD be busy with impartant shit now, they just choose to bicker and try and influence public opinion instead of doing their jobs. American Democracy is turning into days of our lives. They need to stop attaching unrelated legislation to pending bills for starters. If you want another vote on Obomercare then vote on it, don't attach it to something that will close the gov't. Just ignorance on both sides, with no accountability.

Thats the problem, the house is the "appropriations committee" for the government. And all they are trying to say now is hey, we dont have the money, so lets stall this trainwreck of legislation. The real problem is, that sadly the gross majority of our votiing public doesnt understand is that this administration has illegally gone around our system of checks and ballances to keep on spending and not letting the house appropriate funds that our elected officialls who DIRECTLY represent us deem appropriate. Obamacare is a fcuking trainwreck that is only costing more and more money. The house just wants to see some cuts, its the dems that refuse to negotiate and use this shutdown as a way to make it hurt in an effort to sway the uninformed public opinion in favor of their wreckless limitless spending...

Thats the problem, the house is the "appropriations committee" for the government. And all they are trying to say now is hey, we dont have the money, so lets stall this trainwreck of legislation. The real problem is, that sadly the gross majority of our votiing public doesnt understand is that this administration has illegally gone around our system of checks and ballances to keep on spending and not letting the house appropriate funds that our elected officialls who DIRECTLY represent us deem appropriate. Obamacare is a fcuking trainwreck that is only costing more and more money. The house just wants to see some cuts, its the dems that refuse to negotiate and use this shutdown as a way to make it hurt in an effort to sway the uninformed public opinion in favor of their wreckless limitless spending...

I do not see anyonet mentioning that the vote to increase our debt ceiling is due next week...both houses have been kicking the can down the road without a budget..just continuing resolutions...if this lasts until next week..there will be a lot more at stake..we cannot keep extending our debt and not have enough to pay our bills...someone has to step up here and take charge...Austrailia recalled all of their idiots years ago when this happend..to bad the US doesnt have the same system!

I do not see anyonet mentioning that the vote to increase our debt ceiling is due next week...both houses have been kicking the can down the road without a budget..just continuing resolutions...if this lasts until next week..there will be a lot more at stake..we cannot keep extending our debt and not have enough to pay our bills...someone has to step up here and take charge...Austrailia recalled all of their idiots years ago when this happend..to bad the US doesnt have the same system!

The United States Senate has not passed a budget since Harry Reid became Majority Leader in 2006. EVEN WHEN the Democrats had a filibuster proof majority in the Senate, a Supermajority in the House and Obama in the oval office (2009-2010) they did not pass a budget.

Ask yourself why.

The United States Senate has not passed a budget since Harry Reid became Majority Leader in 2006. EVEN WHEN the Democrats had a filibuster proof majority in the Senate, a Supermajority in the House and Obama in the oval office (2009-2010) they did not pass a budget.

Ask yourself why.

Something smells fishy and I ain't likin it...shifty_eyes.gif

There was an epic tweet from a veteran regarding the WWII memorial, who said, "Normandy was closed when we arrived there too." :)

Aren't there good, but controversial, laws though that might then expire? (for example the law requiring that the results of background checks be destroyed within twenty-four hours for firearms sales?).

There was an epic tweet from a veteran regarding the WWII memorial, who said, "Normandy was closed when we arrived there too." :)

Aren't there good, but controversial, laws though that might then expire? (for example the law requiring that the results of background checks be destroyed within twenty-four hours for firearms sales?).

All the FEDERAL laws this country needed were passed in the first 5 years of the Rrepublic... The law you reference, that "background checks be completed quickly" was necessitated by a law requiring federal background checks in the first place. That probably wouldn't have been passed under my scenario....

All the FEDERAL laws this country needed were passed in the first 5 years of the Rrepublic... The law you reference, that "background checks be completed quickly" was necessitated by a law requiring federal background checks in the first place. That probably wouldn't have been passed under my scenario....

Mmm...good point!

Man takes it upon himself to mow the Lincoln Memorial....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/09/m..._n_4072665.html

I just read that he was kicked out shortly after being spotted. No arrest made as police stated, "he was asked to leave immediatly and he complied".

PS- I just realized I never posted an update. Our Command was called back to work late Sunday night. Back in the office as we speak.