*** Congrats to Gabe, KING of NEW YORK! ***

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, Im not saying he won, Im saying Bellos car is the most impressive to me. He does these races on a shoe string budget, on a platform thats eons old in a car that is EXTREMELY difficult to drive. I remember my 930's at 700rwhp, 2600lbs were nuts, his must be mind numbing. So until a Gallardo TT or GTR runs 9.0s while pulling wheelies in the first 3 gears... Im in Bello's camp.. :icon_mrgreen:

:iamwithstupid: We're talking a one man show here... He designed, built and drives his car (to and from most events, no less)... How can you not completely respect this guy? :icon_thumleft:

Luxury Car Theft Ring Broken

Three Westchester Men Arrested

Drag Racer Eddie Bello Among Them

Mercedes, Porsches, Lexuses

(WCBS) (NEW YORK) Mar 26, 2001 6:19 pm

There won't be any more laps around the track for a well-known drag racer from the Bronx, who was among three body shop owners arrested in connection with the theft of luxury cars from Westchester, WCBS 880's Marla Diamond reports.

Eddie Bello, 35, who has won fame with souped-up Porsches on the import drag-racing circuit, was arraigned Saturday in Mount Vernon on a charge of illegal possession of a vehicle identification number, District Attorney Jeanine Pirro said.

Bello, known as the East Coast Assassin in drag racing circles, owns Bellotech Performance on McQuesten Parkway in Mount Vernon, where he works on his racer and other cars. The owners of two neighboring shops also were charged with the same felony: Robert Benedettini, 42, of Yonkers, owner of Star Auto Body, and Anton Shkreli, 33, of the Bronx, owner of Evropa Motors.

Pirro said investigators at Bello's shop seized two Porsche engines and two Porsche transmissions, all with defaced identification numbers. At Evropa, they took two Porsches with defaced identification numbers, plus a Mecedes Benz engine and five air bags, similarly defaced, she said. They also found an illegal 9 mm handgun, the district attorney said. And at Star Auto Body, they seized a partially dismantled and defaced Lexus sports utility vehicle and a small amount of the drug Ecstasy, she said.

Pirro said the arrests stemmed from the investigation of a stolen-car ring that had specialized in swiping luxury vehicles from Westchester driveways and parking lots and shipping them to Asia. Eight men were arrested last month.

Illegal possession of a vehicle identification number is punishable by up to four years in prison. More charges could be filed, says Pirro, if the men were shipping auto parts internationally.

Last year, Today's NHRA magazine, which covers the National Hot Rod Association, said Bello, driving a white Porsche 911, had reached 161 mph while covering a quarter-mile in 9.17 seconds.

Not sure where it all ended up but I wouldn't do business with someone like that....

Peter

If my memory serves me correct, Toyo tires decided the same thing.

Luxury Car Theft Ring Broken

Three Westchester Men Arrested

Drag Racer Eddie Bello Among Them

Mercedes, Porsches, Lexuses

(WCBS) (NEW YORK) Mar 26, 2001 6:19 pm

There won't be any more laps around the track for a well-known drag racer from the Bronx, who was among three body shop owners arrested in connection with the theft of luxury cars from Westchester, WCBS 880's Marla Diamond reports.

Eddie Bello, 35, who has won fame with souped-up Porsches on the import drag-racing circuit, was arraigned Saturday in Mount Vernon on a charge of illegal possession of a vehicle identification number, District Attorney Jeanine Pirro said.

Bello, known as the East Coast Assassin in drag racing circles, owns Bellotech Performance on McQuesten Parkway in Mount Vernon, where he works on his racer and other cars. The owners of two neighboring shops also were charged with the same felony: Robert Benedettini, 42, of Yonkers, owner of Star Auto Body, and Anton Shkreli, 33, of the Bronx, owner of Evropa Motors.

Pirro said investigators at Bello's shop seized two Porsche engines and two Porsche transmissions, all with defaced identification numbers. At Evropa, they took two Porsches with defaced identification numbers, plus a Mecedes Benz engine and five air bags, similarly defaced, she said. They also found an illegal 9 mm handgun, the district attorney said. And at Star Auto Body, they seized a partially dismantled and defaced Lexus sports utility vehicle and a small amount of the drug Ecstasy, she said.

Pirro said the arrests stemmed from the investigation of a stolen-car ring that had specialized in swiping luxury vehicles from Westchester driveways and parking lots and shipping them to Asia. Eight men were arrested last month.

Illegal possession of a vehicle identification number is punishable by up to four years in prison. More charges could be filed, says Pirro, if the men were shipping auto parts internationally.

Last year, Today's NHRA magazine, which covers the National Hot Rod Association, said Bello, driving a white Porsche 911, had reached 161 mph while covering a quarter-mile in 9.17 seconds.

And he was never convicted. I think charges were even dropped. Someone could of brought him a motor to build and it could of been stolen. You have no idea. My 997TT was at SP when the Auto theft ring came in, and went through the entire shop. They tore my Porsche appart while it was there. I was fcuking pissed.

Again, Im not saying he won, Im saying Bellos car is the most impressive to me. He does these races on a shoe string budget, on a platform thats eons old in a car that is EXTREMELY difficult to drive. I remember my 930's at 700rwhp, 2600lbs were nuts, his must be mind numbing. So until a Gallardo TT or GTR runs 9.0s while pulling wheelies in the first 3 gears... Im in Bello's camp.. :icon_mrgreen:

I think Eddie has done well tuning the car in the last 2 years based on the recent videos i have seen. I remember at the airstrip in Miami, watching his car run was one of the most frightening experiences I had seen. I would rather be in a 4000awhp gallardo at full boost. FULL PROPS to him. Every gear would be boost and tons of wheelspin including 4th/5th gears. He had to pull back on the gas a couple times completely in 3rd gear because it was going sideways.

My 997TT was at SP when the Auto theft ring came in, and went through the entire shop. They tore my Porsche appart while it was there. I was fcuking pissed.

I would have been livid. How often do the intimidate and oppress shops in SoCal?

I would have been livid. How often do the intimidate and oppress shops in SoCal?

Dunno .. I was pissed. They tore appart the inside trunk of my car. Alex said they come random and you can't stop them.

Dunno .. I was pissed. They tore appart the inside trunk of my car. Alex said they come random and you can't stop them.

Don't they need a valid reason or have a good reason to come into SP and tear everything apart?

I can only imagine how pissed you were... I would be loosing my mind...

Don't they need a valid reason or have a good reason to come into SP and tear everything apart?

I can only imagine how pissed you were... I would be loosing my mind...

Nope.. they just do random sweeps... check vins etc.. They do it to all tuner shops, repair etc.

Seems like an emotional wreck who's trying to justify insecurities by blabbing on and on. JMO

EB has a fast car, he needs to accept that he lost this event to UGR and move on. I am sure there are other opportunities to come where him and UGR will meet to battle.

Seems like an emotional wreck who's trying to justify insecurities by blabbing on and on. JMO

EB has a fast car, he needs to accept that he lost this event to UGR and move on. I am sure there are other opportunities to come where him and UGR will meet to battle.

LOL, I dont know about that....

Maybe EB is just upset now because he realizes his car isn't the fastest now. Most of

These events are a very short distance to race.

If EB was a true champion he would take his loss as a good sport. Keep quiet and come back with a faster car.

If they extended these races to half a mile or so no one would touch UGR. Not even those pesky Nissans.

Maybe EB is just upset now because he realizes his car isn't the fastest now. Most of

These events are a very short distance to race.

If EB was a true champion he would take his loss as a good sport. Keep quiet and come back with a faster car.

If they extended these races to half a mile or so no one would touch UGR. Not even those pesky Nissans.

How about those pesky Ford GTs?

How about those pesky Ford GTs?

They are fast no doubt. They really don't put the power down until after the half mile it looks like though.

Are the ford gts setting the mile records a true street car?

They are fast no doubt. They really don't put the power down until after the half mile it looks like though.

Are the ford gts setting the mile records a true street car?

I dont really pay attention to these cars much anymore, but a Ford GT just went 280mph in the mile, I think thats 30Mph faster than any GTT? And you said you wanted to extend the length of the race..

I dont really pay attention to these cars much anymore, but a Ford GT just went 280mph in the mile, I think thats 30Mph faster than any GTT? And you said you wanted to extend the length of the race..

When's the last time UGR went to a mile race though? I think the miles are too much and dumb. They hit 250 a while back when everyone was focused on the mile. Then Everyone was focused on the quarter and they broke that record. Now the half mile and they broke that one too.

Don't be mad that your contach can't break 60 in the mile :)

When's the last time UGR went to a mile race though? I think the miles are too much and dumb. They hit 250 a while back when everyone was focused on the mile. Then Everyone was focused on the quarter and they broke that record. Now the half mile and they broke that one too.

Don't be mad that your contach can't break 60 in the mile :)

If I wanted fast I would have it. The reality is GTR has gone faster in 1/4, Ford GT faster in mile... Im just stating fact as I personally prefer the GTTs.

If I wanted fast I would have it. The reality is GTR has gone faster in 1/4, Ford GT faster in mile... Im just stating fact as I personally prefer the GTTs.

I'm just messing with you.

Can't argue facts.

Gtr has record quarter pass between the three if you call lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu a street car....

Ford GT has the mile record. Not sure if it's a street car.

TTG has the half mile record as a true street car.

If the top two are not street cars then the TTG would have all 3.

I'm just messing with you.

Can't argue facts.

Gtr has record quarter pass between the three if you call lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu mu a street car....

Ford GT has the mile record. Not sure if it's a street car.

TTG has the half mile record as a true street car.

If the top two are not street cars then the TTG would have all 3.

umm.. Shep went 8.2 full weight standard 18 DR . No burnout . just pulled up to the line, No cage, no ice in IC. Standard 4.1 build.

he also recorded a 60-130 in 2.9 , quicker than Hoffman's 60-130 on the drag strip.