My SV hits the dyno

D.Wiggs

Nowadays many car enthusiasts who used to play Legos as a kid think that tuning a car to exceed manufacturer specs is as simple as getting parts from a catalog and milling some fancy covers to brand the project...

I guess that engineering and R&D still matter, as we can see by this case and many others around the world.

These new "tuners" should assume themselves as part assemblers instead of builders and developers, cause when they start to enter in the engineering part of the business without the proper knowledge, things don't end well.

Regarding this specific case, having a customer waiting for almost 1,5 years for a ordinary turbo kit in a Lambo is completely ridiculous nowadays. I predict that some others will be pulling out Huracans TT out of the shop before this so called Gallardo Stage4 hits the road... I guess that a customer with this tuner should access the age depreciation when negotiating the order...

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't wait to see the results.. SV's make me drool.. especially a white TT.

What kind of clutch are you putting in?

I like how many first time posters we have in this thread. THIS IS NOT THE THREAD TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO LP IN.

Well hopefully the level 6 will show up in the next Ti event vs. the fastest cars in the world. That would be the stage to how the world who you are.

I'm glad the resident S2000 owner that daydreams on LP everyday came in to protect the integrity of the site. Thank you.

This is a highly visible project throughout the car community. Lots of people are interested. Hell, CTD's facebook page has 6000+ fans with little to show coming from the shop thus far. LP isn't getting invaded and taken over by trolls by any means. This site contains a lot of detail, information, pictures and so on regarding CTD's development and specifically the Stig project not found anywhere else. Most of it is kept within a single or two thread(s). I don't know why you continually come in to these to heehaw about people rightfully mocking a fiasco of a project that nobody could have ever imagined continuing to progress so poorly. It really is a soap opera.

I have no association with the other "haters" or whatever you want to call us. I just come here for information.

Gentry, it's not Hannibal's opinion. Newbies are not supposed to be posting in threads like these. There is a sticky about it. Relax...

I'm glad the resident S2000 owner that daydreams on LP everyday came in to protect the integrity of the site. Thank you.

This is a highly visible project throughout the car community. Lots of people are interested. Hell, CTD's facebook page has 6000+ fans with little to show coming from the shop thus far. LP isn't getting invaded and taken over by trolls by any means. This site contains a lot of detail, information, pictures and so on regarding CTD's development and specifically the Stig project not found anywhere else. Most of it is kept within a single or two thread(s). I don't know why you continually come in to these to heehaw about people rightfully mocking a fiasco of a project that nobody could have ever imagined continuing to progress so poorly. It really is a soap opera.

I have no association with the other "haters" or whatever you want to call us. I just come here for information.

Resident s2000 owner...I like that. May be time for a title change!!

Well hopefully the level 6 will show up in the next Ti event vs. the fastest cars in the world. That would be the stage to how the world who you are.

While that is extremely doubtful, it would be nice to see CTD show up to a national event to try and backup their claims from over the years.

I think this thread serves as a serious reminder to potential customers of the risks associated with any performance shop that makes wild claims on the internet, with zero completed projects to back up those claims. While DWiggs claims the owner of the white gallardo has "donated" his car to R&D, the owner has no idea DWiggs is saying these things and would most certainly disagree. Will the level 9000 TTG make 1500 awhp? It'll be interesting to to see how everything unfolds once the owner takes possession of a finished car.

Shops like Underground, Heffner, and D all as Performance have all done the necessary R&D to develop and market their TT kits for various platforms, all the while working on their various customer cars not relating to their R&D efforts of new product. For CTD to have any chance at being taken serious (outside the admiration of 12yr olds on Facebook) in the aftermarket community, they need to take themselves seriously and put out a product that backs up their wild claims. That's going to be tough to do though with all those "sick" Tesla appearance mods they pride themselves on.

Edit: That's interesting. I didn't know using "######" would get edited by the board. Any reason?

Gentry, it's not Hannibal's opinion. Newbies are not supposed to be posting in threads like these. There is a sticky about it. Relax...

You have a link to this sticky? Cause I'm not seeing it in this forum.

For the members who have started to post bullshit just to razz David, I am giving you guys notice, post 1 more and you are gone. I have had it with the nonsense.

I was asked by some members to look at this thread again and it looks to me that some people just don't understand English or chose to ignore my previous post dated Jan 3/14 .

So, I will reiterate, any bullshit will get a member suspended forever. I can't be any more blunt.

We started this thread because the last one attracted a bunch of morons who joined just to troll and pick on David.

So guys, stay on topic please, do not ask questions not related to the thread.

I am mostly aiming at the newer members with 20 to 30 posts, all derogatory and aimed at David.

Ya that's regarding the offtopic forum NOT the general forum. That doesn't apply to the general forum.

I was asked by some members to look at this thread again and it looks to me that some people just don't understand English or chose to ignore my previous post dated Jan 3/14 .

So, I will reiterate, any bullshit will get a member suspended forever. I can't be any more blunt.

We started this thread because the last one attracted a bunch of morons who joined just to troll and pick on David.

So guys, stay on topic please, do not ask questions not related to the thread.

I am mostly aiming at the newer members with 20 to 30 posts, all derogatory and aimed at David.

But it's ok for Dwigger to troll this board with his ridiculous claims about HP, Nasa approved parts and milspec car parts?? How does that make any sense? Haha

None of my posts have been derogatory. A few of the others that were deleted weren't either. It's just car enthusiasts that can see a bullshitter and fake a mile away.

Ya that's regarding the offtopic forum NOT the general forum. That doesn't apply to the general forum.

But it's ok for Dwigger to troll this board with his ridiculous claims about HP, Nasa approved parts and milspec car parts?? How does that make any sense? Haha

None of my posts have been derogatory. A few of the others that were deleted weren't either. It's just car enthusiasts that can see a bullshitter and fake a mile away.

Taking on Daddy.

Thats-a-bold.jpg

Taking on Daddy.

Thats-a-bold.jpg

Not "taking anyone on". Asking a simple question. People want answers regarding CTDs cars yet they're never provided. How is that trolling?

Not "taking anyone on". Asking a simple question. People want answers regarding CTDs cars yet they're never provided. How is that trolling?

Who are you to demand answers from anyone? He's a private company and can provide info if and when he chooses.

Not that you'll be here to see any of it.

Who are you to demand answers from anyone? He's a private company and can provide info if and when he chooses.

Chill out Rob! Come join me in the "resident (insert car here) club" and keep daydreaming on LP all day.

Which 'people' want answers?

I would suggest those people call, email or visit CTD if they really want answers. Clearly you aren't planning on being a CTD customer, you already have negativity and doubt about them so I recommend you pick another tuner and start off on a more positive note.

Took me 3 seconds of a google search to find all the contact info I would need to get a hold of them if I needed to.

This thread is full of funnies. It should be posted on the off topic thread, "things that make me LOL"

Who are these people you're the elected representative for? Because for the most part I think the concern level here is somewhere between not giving a fcuk, and the interest in wheels next masonry project. You probably won't even get my reference there, which in and of itself says a lot.

Let him make all the claims he wants, he'll either put up in which case it's fcuking awesome, or not and it just adds to the comedic value. Either way, I win.

fcuking kids take themselves way too seriously.

I would suggest those people call, email or visit CTD if they really want answers. Clearly you aren't planning on being a CTD customer, you already have negativity and doubt about them so I recommend you pick another tuner and start off on a more positive note.

Took me 3 seconds of a google search to find all the contact info I would need to get a hold of them if I needed to.

Coincidently it took me 3 seconds of googling to find buttonsht

Save your breath, you're talking with a mutant.

195274846.jpg

Why wouldn't I be here? I haven't violated any rules.

A lot of people have asked for answers. CTD doesn't answer emails often. People have asked on facebook about his claims and Dwiggs just bans/blocks them from the page. Hahaha

Who are these people you're the elected representative for? Because for the most part I think the concern level here is somewhere between not giving a fcuk, and the interest in wheels next masonry project. You probably won't even get my reference there, which in and of itself says a lot.

Let him make all the claims he wants, he'll either put up in which case it's fcuking awesome, or not and it just adds to the comedic value. Either way, I win.

fcuking kids take themselves way too seriously.

No one has elected me for anything. The concern level is obviously pretty high since his threads get 10+ pages whenever he posts anything.

Coincidently it took me 3 seconds of googling to find buttonsht

Save your breath, you're talking with a mutant.

195274846.jpg

Sweet, you found a 4-6 year old pic of me where I grew a moustache for a halloween costume. Awesome work e-detective!