Plastic mess-06 vs Huracan

fastlane

I know this is the wrong place to say it, but the Plastic mess-06 seems faster more exciting at much less then 1/2 the price of the Huracan. Where am I wrong I know quality, style, sound but 80 -120 grand Vs 250-300 grand.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is just an age old discussion. What are fashion and exclusivity worth to you? You daily drive a $300k car that can be performance matched by a GTR or the new zo6.

For supercar performance you don't have to worry about when you park it you get the POS.

I know this is the wrong place to say it, but the Plastic mess-06 seems faster more exciting at much less then 1/2 the price of the Huracan. Where am I wrong I know quality, style, sound but 80 -120 grand Vs 250-300 grand.

The ZO7 will be amazing and a lot of car for the money. I wouldn't go off crowning a new king just yet. I can't imagine the experience will be on the level of the Huracan. Speed, sure! Speed is cheap. It means nothing. Life isn't about birth or death, it's what happens in between. So is driving a car that offers a great experience. The Corvette will be amazing. But IMO it makes the F12 look stupid not the Huracan or Aventador.

Very few will cross-shop the two, different markets, different appeal.

I see it as follows, insignificant amount of Lambo buyers, will get the POS only, some Lambo owners will get both, POS buyers can't jump to a Lambo, very little impact, these cars aren't competing for the same market, it has nothing to do with how fast the cars are, how well they handle, etc. it's all about $$$ and image, achieving goals and fulfilling dreams.

This is just an age old discussion. What are fashion and exclusivity worth to you? You daily drive a $300k car that can be performance matched by a GTR or the new zo6.

For supercar performance you don't have to worry about when you park it you get the POS.

I don't disagree but Lambo went Conservative on the style and performance change in the face of more competition from a many new competitors. I think they could have gone to a much more aggressive look like they have been doing recently with there show cars, and had at least 650 HP for there weight disadvantage with 4wd. It seems like they are starting behind the competition in performance.

We don't know if Lambo underrated the Huracan but the reality is until Lambo and Ferrari go forced induction they are going to get their ass handed to them in performance.

Very few will cross-shop the two, different markets, different appeal.

I see it as follows, insignificant amount of Lambo buyers, will get the POS only, some Lambo owners will get both, POS buyers can't jump to a Lambo, very little impact, these cars aren't competing for the same market, it has nothing to do with how fast the cars are, how well they handle, etc. it's all about $$$ and image, achieving goals and fulfilling dreams.

Yes but when you are driving your 275 grand exotic and you get smoked by a 100 grand sports car it hurts. I'm not knocking Lambo I love to go out and turn heads in my Murcie but I will rather be in my McLaren when a new zo6 pulls next to me.

I don't disagree but Lambo went Conservative on the style and performance change in the face of more competition from a many new competitors. I think they could have gone to a much more aggressive look like they have been doing recently with there show cars, and had at least 650 HP for there weight disadvantage with 4wd. It seems like they are starting behind the competition in performance.

It's aggressively priced against a 458 and mp4 who is its chief competition. I agree on the styling being tame but I felt the aventador was too and it's a knockout hit.

We don't know if Lambo underrated the Huracan but the reality is until Lambo and Ferrari go forced induction they are going to get their ass handed to them in performance.

And you would have thought they got the hint after so many G cars went twin turbo after purchase, at least an option like a base model and a boosted model.

It's aggressively priced against a 458 and mp4 who is its chief competition. I agree on the styling being tame but I felt the aventador was too and it's a knockout hit.

I think you may be the only person who thinks the Aventador is tame it is pretty over the top for a car designed about 4-5 years ago. That is it's advantage it is a space ship in looks.

Lambo needs more power then everyone else to offset the weight disadvantage of its all wheel drive. and without boost it will be hard to get with emissions and gas mileage requirements.

I think you may be the only person who thinks the Aventador is tame it is pretty over the top for a car designed about 4-5 years ago. That is it's advantage it is a space ship in looks.

I agree now but when I first saw it at preview day it didn't make that much of an impact and I felt they didn't go far enough. Same probably will go for the Hurican. I think it's a knockout styling wise so far the same way the 'vent was.

Yes but when you are driving your 275 grand exotic and you get smoked by a 100 grand sports car it hurts. I'm not knocking Lambo I love to go out and turn heads in my Murcie but I will rather be in my McLaren when a new zo6 pulls next to me.

It comes down to what your requirements are what your preferences, likes and dislikes, how certain material possessions make you feel, there is no right or wrong, it's all about you.

I do not street race and because of that I don't care who pulls up next to me, I enjoy hill climbs, in that situation I am only challenging myself, if that's your buying criteria you are a bit out of luck because you can pull up next to a modded Civic in your MP4 and you will get smoked, there is always some faster, richer, better looking, smarter, etc :icon_mrgreen:

My point was that those markets hardly clash, Lambo isn't worried at all about the POS and GM isn't worried about the Lambo, they aren't direct competitors and that's what it comes down to, because of that the core customer base of each brand do not see it as the insignificant amount of customers which are likely to flip for whatever reason that might be.

At the end we all buy what we can afford #1 and what makes us the happies # 2

I think the comparison is valid considering there will undoubtedly be situations where a zo-6 will be racing a huracan... Of course, exclusivity and experience are valid points... but I dont think anyone would want to lose to a stock zo-6 when they are paying double to triple the money for a huracan... that would be pretty embarassing...

And that really is a sad reality because nowadays with boost and FI, horsepower is cheap.. So cheap that sedans, suvs are pushing supercar hp levels and minimizing the gap between sportscar and everyday vehicle. So sportscar makers like Lambo porsche and Ferrari have to diversify their portfolios to start including sedans and suvs... Sure, it turned Porsche around, but no longer is Porsche a sportscar builder anymore... Seems like essence somehow diluted for the sake of survival...

Nevertheless, the future will be where sports car manufacturers will have to devise more clever ways to set itself apart other than horsepower to woo would be buyers who now can choose a sedan or coupe over a exotic car. And if not, start making sedans and suv like the main staple manufacturers...

And you would have thought they got the hint after so many G cars went twin turbo after purchase, at least an option like a base model and a boosted model.

14200 made and sold, how many were twin turboed? TT market is insignificant, and it's US localised.

TT's change the character of the car and that's not what most of the customers want, It would be extremely easy for VAG to slap turbos on a motor, there must be another reason.

Nevertheless, the future will be where sports car manufacturers will have to devise more clever ways to set itself apart other than horsepower to woo would be buyers who now can choose a sedan or coupe over a exotic car. And if not, start making sedans and suv like the main staple manufacturers...

Bingo, that's golden right there, but speed alone isn't the answer, it will be challenging when as you said SUV's can run with sports cars along with the fact that you will start to encounter limitations for street use, when is enough enough?

They will have to find other points of difference and it won't be easy, I don't envy them!

I'm not 100% sold on the Huracan yet, maybe it will grow on me over time or change once I see it in person and drive one. I also feel that Lamborghini went conservative. I can understand why they did it though. They need room to grow future models of the Huracan and also keep it distanced from the Aventador. Both the Mclaren and this ZO6 will likely be faster. I think a Lamborghini should be aggressive looking, menacing and fast and I feel that they failed a bit in all these categories by going the safe route.

I can't afford either of those cars so my opinion might not be worthy but...

why is the Huracan base model being compared to the Plastic mess-06 which isn't going to be available for at least another year? The Huracan will surely have an 'upgraded' racier version that will be introduced in the future, which will without a doubt be more aggressive looking and more power full and lighter, with other tricks I'm sure.

How many times will you be at a red light in your Huracan and have a Plastic mess-06 pull up beside? And even if it does happen what are the chances that the road ahead will be clear to race or even long enough to prove a point? If anything stop light to stop light I'm thinking the Huracan would win because of the AWD, DCT and traction control. And I'd be willing to bet even if the Huracan did lose everyone on the street who saw the race would still pick it over the Plastic mess-06 to have as their own.

Just my .02¢... y'all are lucky to even be thinking of buying and owning either of those cars. :icon_thumleft:

I agree now but when I first saw it at preview day it didn't make that much of an impact and I felt they didn't go far enough. Same probably will go for the Hurican. I think it's a knockout styling wise so far the same way the 'vent was.

I remember when you first saw it. You called me and sounded really really disappointed! Broke my heart to hear that before anyone had seen it yet :(

I'm personally not sold on the looks of the Huracan--the rear looks a lot like a Mercedes CLS to me and I think some of the interior (namely the ac vents and the "shingle" treatment) are a bit overdone and will age quickly vs a more traditional design. The front is not overly aggressive looking either. Yet, I'm sure it will sell extremely well. I'm concerned about the DCT taking the character out of the car and making it drive like a 458, McClaren, or GTR. Time will tell. I was in early on the Aventador (3rd car in US), but I'm going to wait on this one. I'll probably get in one 3rd year when the SL comes out.

I'm not 100% sold on the Huracan yet, maybe it will grow on me over time or change once I see it in person and drive one. I also feel that Lamborghini went conservative. I can understand why they did it though. They need room to grow future models of the Huracan and also keep it distanced from the Aventador. Both the Mclaren and this ZO6 will likely be faster. I think a Lamborghini should be aggressive looking, menacing and fast and I feel that they failed a bit in all these categories by going the safe route.

:iamwithstupid: I love what they did with the vent & SV, but im not sold yet on the huracan. ill wait until feb 8th to judge.

for some reason that rear shot in silver looks very bland to me. maybe its the color. I hope im wrong.

And Audi has had a V-10 TT in the RS-6 out for a while one would have thought they would have adopted one of those for use...

I just think its because Chevy has exceeded expectations with their new car, while Lambo has either met their expectations or slightly disappointed us.

But, a Lambo is still a Lambo and a Chevy a Chevy.