Wonder what recourse you would have after this?

Allan-Herbie

If they are towing within the guidelines, does it then actually matter what car it is? I would be livid, but I don't think there's anything you can do?

If they are towing within the guidelines, does it then actually matter what car it is? I would be livid, but I don't think there's anything you can do?

I think it would ruin the 4wheel.drive?

90% of modern cars should be always flat bedded, I don't know about you but if that was my car I might snap and kill the tow man. And that's not an exaggerated expression at all.

seems theres often video's of late model lambo's and Ferrari's being towed, far more than porsches.

I wonder why?

I think it would ruin the 4wheel.drive?

+1

I don't know in which position are the Haldex clutches when the engine isn't running.

Estimate damage from dealer.

Get lawyer.

Go after city/towing company.

That's about all you can do, IMO.

Waste paper

waste money

waste time

You wouldnt get anywhere with it. The car would suffer damage to the front, rear and the awd, but the courts would side with the city. Its a shitty thing to do to someone. My buddy got pulled over for speeding in his POS and the cop called a tow truck. Same type of setup as the one in the video and the tow truck driver refused since he was a big cortvette fan and knew it would damage the car. With us Lambo guys tho sadly jealousy makes people do shitty things and I think the tow truck driver probably got a hard on as well as the cop for thier 2 minutes in the sun. Then went home and jerked off while telling thier family they towed a 500K lamborghini....sad

Very uncool...this had to have been done deliberately by the cop and tow truck driver knows better. All the more reason I don't like leaving mine parked out of sight.

Waste paper

waste money

waste time

Not so sure...

If you can prove you requested a flat bed and via video show gross negligence as it was clear car is being damaged then a good attorney could make life very difficult for towing company. City is not responsible but towing company has to prove they were not negligent. Again key word is good attorney.

They are within right to tow but must do so w/o damaging car. Getting car towed does not imply the right to damage also.

Not so sure...

If you can prove you requested a flat bed and via video show gross negligence as it was clear car is being damaged then a good attorney could make life very difficult for towing company. City is not responsible but towing company has to prove they were not negligent. Again key word is good attorney.

They are within right to tow but must do so w/o damaging car. Getting car towed does not imply the right to damage also.

City tow truck. Now what?

Waste paper

waste money

waste time

:iamwithstupid: The old saying, "you can't sue city hall."

The lesson here is if you own a Lamborghini do not park it illegally.

If you do you took the risks and very well may pay the price with shit like this.

Estimate damage from dealer.

Get lawyer.

Go after city/towing company.

That's about all you can do, IMO.

If it's a municipal towing company (such as NYPD in NYC), you can't really sue them for damages...

This video surfaced a few months ago. Painful to watch.

City doesn't have insurance for shit like this?

As long as they followed the "prescribed procedure", they can't be touched. Most cities are self insured and don't pay claims for this EVER

I knew a girl years ago who had her A4 parked after hours behind her work. Towing came and towed the car from the rear. It was a quattro and the whole transmission had to be replaced. Dont nkow what ever came of who had to pay for it though.

couldn't you fail a claim with your own insurance company as a no fault?

Perhaps, but It would fail, as you indicated. If there is no "accident" and the damage is mechanical only then they would decline paying for any repairs. If the front or rear lips were damaged they would probably cover it, but I doubt it would be filed as a no fault on your insurance history. You trying to figure out a better way to fix yours than paying out of pocket? :icon_mrgreen:

You trying to figure out a better way to fix yours than paying out of pocket? :icon_mrgreen:

LOL... thank god my car has been running flawlessly. And I've finally learned to avoid pot holes and curbs. :icon_mrgreen: