Odometer reading and Carfax mileage mismatch

Odyssey

Can you explain this.....car listed on CatExoctics ...

2012 Lamborghini Gallardo Super Trofeo Stradale

VIN #: ZHWGU7AJ2CLA11677

Mileage: 1,716

pics posted show Odometer at 1716 miles

yet carfax shows 5610 miles as last reported odometer reading,

See pics below....

catg1.jpg

catg2.jpg

catG.jpg

Thanks for brining that to my attention. NOT the first time that CarFax makes data entry mistakes. I would say I average at least 2 mistakes a month from them. From in-correct miles, to wrong locations for the car, to even twice accident reports that we were able to prove just were not correct. I will have my title gal contact CarFax and get it corrected. They DO correct things, but ONLY with solid documentation. MOST often we can prove that the CORRECT miles are on the DMV report of sale and they simply punched wrong numbers in.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...70899&st=20

I dont think you can roll back a digital odometer.

I don't think you can either, but I know in certain cases replacing the instrument gauges (ones with an electronic odometer like a Gallardo) with ones showing a lower mileage say from a junk yard will alter the mileage to reflect the mileage from the car it was pulled from.

That said a typo is probably more lilkely, DMV is not exactly attracting the best and brightest..

With the right person, anything digital can be modified, it's simply a reprogramming issue. That being said I am not sure how many people, if any, would be willing to put the time and effort into figuring out the programming for such a limited number of cars.

We use BOTH Car Fax and AutoCheck. Car Fax is by far the worst with mistakes...see attached pics..you can see SAME date with Auto Check it was 551...so SOME IDIOT at CarFax mis typed....

As I said on another thread..thanks for pointing it out to me, we will have it corrected...

post-23696-1391448894_thumb.jpg

post-23696-1391448900_thumb.jpg

post-23696-1391448906_thumb.jpg

No, but you can type back it…..

I'm sure this is a type-o on Roys car.....but of course the odometer can be reprogrammed!

Many different ways. In the car or out of the car, take your pick.

Secret: If you really want to know the correct miles, do a clutch snap, look at the last page and it will pull a reading from the TCM in kilometers, if you do the math and convert it to miles, it will match what is on the dash EVERYTIME. If it doesn't, then the dash has been modified.

It can be done and it is actually fairly cheap too.

I do not think that is the case here though

I this case I believe that it is much more likely that the car went from 80 miles to 551 miles in less than two months.

If you drove from 80 miles to 5610 miles in 50 something days you would be nuts!!

CarFax also says this car was in inventory offered for sale at a dealership in Malden, MA a month after a title was issued in WA. Probably another mistake...

09/28/2012 Washington Motor Vehicle Dept. Kirkland, WA Title #1221628302 Title issued or updated

10/31/2012 610 Dealer Inventory Malden, MA Vehicle offered for sale

08/03/2013 5,610 Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale

08/24/2013 Washington Motor Vehicle Dept. Kirkland, WA

CarFax also says this car was in inventory offered for sale at a dealership in Malden, MA a month after a title was issued in WA. Probably another mistake...

09/28/2012 Washington Motor Vehicle Dept. Kirkland, WA Title #1221628302 Title issued or updated

10/31/2012 610 Dealer Inventory Malden, MA Vehicle offered for sale

08/03/2013 5,610 Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale

08/24/2013 Washington Motor Vehicle Dept. Kirkland, WA

Yep...totally wrong. FYI, I BOUGHT the car new FROM BCD, I then sold it with approx. 500 miles on it to a LOCAL customer here in Seattle..NEVER ever left the state. He traded it back in against a FGT a few months back..it is amazing HOW many mistakes CarFax makes...as a matter of fact they just got DROPPED from many of the major Auctions that have switched to AutoChek..a more reliable source and more info..CarFax is a frickn JOKE in my book.

Yep...totally wrong. FYI, I BOUGHT the car new FROM BCD, I then sold it with approx. 500 miles on it to a LOCAL customer here in Seattle..NEVER ever left the state. He traded it back in against a FGT a few months back..it is amazing HOW many mistakes CarFax makes...as a matter of fact they just got DROPPED from many of the major Auctions that have switched to AutoChek..a more reliable source and more info..CarFax is a frickn JOKE in my book.

Thank you Roy for clearing up...lot of good info. in this thread. Its too bad CarFax is not taking their service seriously. Will not rely on them so much anymore. Thanks again.

Carfax is not the most reliable form of information these days, but to each his own. I'd trust Roy more than Carfax, especially with these cars.

:iamwithstupid: I would trust Roy more than I would trust Carfax

Carfax is not the most reliable form of information these days, but to each his own. I'd trust Roy more than Carfax, especially with these cars.

:iamwithstupid: Same here!

Much easier than any odometer before, there was a guy locally which was shamelessly advertising that he can have it done for you for $500 in mater of few minutes and it was untraceable, ah well not so if there are other records, service history etc. I was shocked when I heard it.

Secret: If you really want to know the correct miles, do a clutch snap, look at the last page and it will pull a reading from the TCM in kilometers, if you do the math and convert it to miles, it will match what is on the dash EVERYTIME. If it doesn't, then the dash has been modified.

Thank you for this great bit of info. I was hoping there was a way to check it.

When is Porter going to buy this car instead of the Masers he is looking at. He wants a 570...this is the perfect 570!

When is Porter going to buy this car instead of the Masers he is looking at. He wants a 570...this is the perfect 570!

I am pretty sure as soon as he drives the Huracan he will order one.

Carfax is a good "guide" BUT I would not trust everything I see on their reports. Especially when you are dealing with these cars I think your best bet is to just ask the seller directly and consult with the community.

is this all that big of a deal..

I hate carfax for this reason.. Don't buy that damn car if you don't believe Roy. end of story.

Some people believe reality, and some people can't.. I try to kick everyone out of my office as fast as possible that act like they know everything, but don't know anything.. Know nothing know it all.. thats what i call them.. And carfax creates a fcuk pot full of em everyday.

Who cares what the miles are? Do a proper PPI, check the car to make sure it's mechanically sound, it's what you want, negotiate the price you are happy to pay if the vendor agrees pull the trigger, do your homework.

I would never rely on "baby sitting agencies" to tell me how to run my life!