Am I crazy?

Allan-Herbie

I see why someone changed their mind about the wing after seeing your old one...I wasn't around when you had it, it's really nice! The wing looks good in every picture except directly from the back, but that's just me...looks amazing from the side though.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be LP640 - far better engine upgrades along with aesthetics.

But the price points are too far apart to make it worth in my eyes. I am on my second 2003 Murcie. I have been blessed with both cars in having zero issues (records and previous owner care are key). 2003 for $130k if you are patient for the right car and miles compared to $200k for the 640. You can almost have a GTR for that price difference and have two vehicles. Trust me I sold my last 2003 thinking I would get an LP640 next and came back to the 2003 model year again. I definitely like the Q stitching better and the body upgrades, brakes, etc but not for $70k more. Just my $0.02

post-10287-1393438257_thumb.jpg

Im not soo sure.. I prefer the early front bumper and the early side skirts. The Lp640 does have a nicer rear bumper though. The engine upgrades amount to 30awhp on Alexs dyno. Biggest upgrade was to the egear, and I would not buy any egear. Early cars have the greatest choice of 6 spds as well.

It's not the HP increase - it's how it delivers the power:

The Pre LP feels like a stressed unit and you have to work it hard compared to the LP which feels far more at ease and happier to be thrashed.

It's not the HP increase - it's how it delivers the power:

The Pre LP feels like a stressed unit and you have to work it hard compared to the LP which feels far more at ease and happier to be thrashed.

I will have a cure for the power delivery if I get one :icon_mrgreen:

Dude.. I drive a Diablo and marvel how easy it is to drive after my Countach. Murci isnt going to be worse! LOL

My #1 choice is a CGT, but Im not willing to drop 500k at this time.

FGT is cool, but I worry those maybe in a bubble, over 4k produced, ridiculous prices at this time. Who knows, I maybe wrong.

I think a nice 6 spd Murci is fully depreciated, and over time the 6 spds especially may grow slightly stronger. I dont think its a car that will make you money anytime soon, but I also dont think it will lose.

It would also be cool to open my garage and find 3 V12 flagships in it... I still think my old Murci was one of the best looking Murci's Ive ever seen, apart from an SV.

I'm with you on the CGTs and FGTs, also looking at both but I'm an enthusiast not a collector so maybe never for me on both of those? The market has moved so fast so soon and I need a driver.

Funny you just bought another Bentley, we were looking at the redesigned V8 and W12 GTs on the weekend. They also had a couple 09 DBS, beautiful cars but man no LEDs and no fancy interior was a deal killer.

Your red Murcie was awesome, maybe with some 670 bits a first gen Murcie may look even better, might be a boredom prevention project for you... for a few days :icon_mrgreen:

It is funny though AL - i have been looking at that yellow 04 Murci i posted on IG but i can't justify having two cars that are so similar - a murci and an FGT are both old school analogue supercars. I like my cars to all be vastly different.

I'm with you on the CGTs and FGTs, also looking at both but I'm an enthusiast not a collector so maybe never for me on both of those? The market has moved so fast so soon and I need a driver.

Funny you just bought another Bentley, we were looking at the redesigned V8 and W12 GTs on the weekend. They also had a couple 09 DBS, beautiful cars but man no LEDs and no fancy interior was a deal killer.

Your red Murcie was awesome, maybe with some 670 bits a first gen Murcie may look even better, might be a boredom prevention project for you... for a few days :icon_mrgreen:

Yeah, get the retro-fit front and rear bumper, maybe the LED taillights, I'm sure he'll do a TT kit from Alex, put some new wheels on it, don't forget the MS Racing stage 2 exhaust, and call it a day.

Would be a slick fun ride.

Weird, just thought of selling my 03 last night. 18K miles and RWD mod done. Just had lots of good stuff done at the Lambo dealer too. it is NICE! PM me if you want more info.

$139K buys mine. Too many upgrades to list!

[email protected] to contact me.

post-73833-1393455260_thumb.jpg

It is funny though AL - i have been looking at that yellow 04 Murci i posted on IG but i can't justify having two cars that are so similar - a murci and an FGT are both old school analogue supercars. I like my cars to all be vastly different.

Murci is MUCH different than FGT.. FGT is more of scalpel, while the Murci is a sledgehammer.. FGT much more nimble, easy to drive and faster.

Not crazy, they are very nice cars. Over time may go up. But there are a lot of haters of the early murci and once they realize how "lamborghini" the car really is compared to the newer ones, they will go up. 6 speed manual is hard to beat.

Not crazy, they are very nice cars. Over time may go up. But there are a lot of haters of the early murci and once they realize how "lamborghini" the car really is compared to the newer ones, they will go up. 6 speed manual is hard to beat.

I agree..

When the Murcielago came out the world was saying the Diablo was the "last true Lamborghini", now the Aventador has been out for a while the Murci has claimed the title of last true Lamborghini.

Not hating as I still love my Murci, old school analog dash and all.

I do like the colour coded rear wing on your old Murci rather than having it stand out in black.

I say go for it and then buy an old school Aventador in 10 years or so.

I remember when these pics came out, I still would like to do one like this....

One of my all time favorites!

post_4_1160507461.jpg

Yeah, get the retro-fit front and rear bumper, maybe the LED taillights, I'm sure he'll do a TT kit from Alex, put some new wheels on it, don't forget the MS Racing stage 2 exhaust, and call it a day.

Would be a slick fun ride.

Is Double's Murcie SV "replica" for sale? All it would need then is a TT kit or RWD conversion.

Seriously guys, if it is an investment, the CGT and FGT are way over priced in terms of fun. Straight pipe a 6speed Muri you will get it all and better - with the top on! But better off?

Is Double's Murcie SV "replica" for sale? All it would need then is a TT kit or RWD conversion.

Nice car, at that price point Id buy something else..

get an anniversary countach or an early diablo (2wd-no wing pure simple car )

to me these are more fun to drive and a better investment