Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people

Steve K

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not one for conspiracy theories but damn.....I would read this Tom Clancy book:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/...370-theory.html

http://jeffwise.net/the-spoof-part-1-why-a...ative-scenario/

Interesting ideas, but this Jeff guy, mister private pilot, obviously hasn't spent too many hours flying over the world's oceans to truly grasp their incredible size relative to our fleshy bodies. It's all well and good, glad that he took the time to think through it, but the biggest problem with his ideas are their likelihood in the shadow of mankind's gross underestimation of the size of our oceans and the gross overestimation of our capabilities to search them. The oceans are like a big number that we think we understand, but in actuality are almost incapable of understanding.

Interesting ideas, but this Jeff guy, mister private pilot, obviously hasn't spent too many hours flying over the world's oceans to truly grasp their incredible size relative to our fleshy bodies. It's all well and good, glad that he took the time to think through it, but the biggest problem with his ideas are their likelihood in the shadow of mankind's gross underestimation of the size of our oceans and the gross overestimation of our capabilities to search them. The oceans are like a big number that we think we understand, but in actuality are almost incapable of understanding.

You have to admit, even among the rarity of aviation disasters, something incredibly unusual happened in this incident?

Over a year.

Not a single piece of wreckage.

Not a single seat cushion washed up on a beach.

Not a single hunk of foam insulation or a verified ping from a FDR.

Not a single Mayday, black box ping, or other call for help from the plane- yet we know it flew for hours after losing contact. And it flew in a manner suggesting somebody was actually in control.

Not a single fcuking clue where this plane actually is.... Could be in any one of the vast oceans you mention... Or not. Every piece of evidence that pointed to where the plane might actually be, turned into a dry hole. We have no more idea where this plane is today than we did the moment we first heard it was missing.. And by that I dont mean we dont know its general latitude and longitude, I mean we dont know which hemisphere it might be in.

SOMEBODY, intentionally drove this plane out to where they knew it would never be found.

Why? Pilot suicide? We just had one, he picked the closest mountain top.

The only reason would be to cover up evidence of something else.

Yeah man, a story about stealing a plane and hiding it is still on the table, but it seems like folks aren't willing to believe that the oceans are capable of swallowing the entire jet and all of its contents whole, whereas I would say that's just as possible. I've had that sinking realization at times when I had no radio reception, no HF, no navaids, no GPS, at night and I knew I was in a location over the IO where no one would ever find me or the aircraft if something happened. Floating parts could drift for years and I have seen crashes where the aircraft remained largely intact and sank. Even if something washed up on a beach, there are countless miles of beaches that are unmolested or are touched at most by people who aren't exactly up on current events and wouldn't know an oxygen mask from a seat cushion, let alone have the idea to collect it and give it to someone. Much of it could be unrecognizable, especially after all this time. But back to the idea of hiding a plane somewhere, there are still so many places on land that are crazy-remote to choose from and it doesn't help that the greater bulk of human population in the region is operating on a completely different wavelength.

Yeah man, a story about stealing a plane and hiding it is still on the table, but it seems like folks aren't willing to believe that the oceans are capable of swallowing the entire jet and all of its contents whole, whereas I would say that's just as possible. I've had that sinking realization at times when I had no radio reception, no HF, no navaids, no GPS, at night and I knew I was in a location over the IO where no one would ever find me or the aircraft if something happened. Floating parts could drift for years and I have seen crashes where the aircraft remained largely intact and sank. Even if something washed up on a beach, there are countless miles of beaches that are unmolested or are touched at most by people who aren't exactly up on current events and wouldn't know an oxygen mask from a seat cushion, let alone have the idea to collect it and give it to someone. Much of it could be unrecognizable, especially after all this time. But back to the idea of hiding a plane somewhere, there are still so many places on land that are crazy-remote to choose from and it doesn't help that the greater bulk of human population in the region is operating on a completely different wavelength.

There are two problems with this.

1. A lack of evidence isn't evidence. As it turns out, there's no evidence that the plane was ever near the south Indian ocean... All the leads, the "wreckage", the FDR "pings", even the data from the maintenance "handshakes" turned out to be false leads. So, could it be down there as you suggest? Yep... Theres just no evidence for it. Or for it being anywhere else for that matter... This is the avionic version of Schrodinger's Cat. We have no evidence the plane is anywhere, and until we do, its nowhere... and everywhere.

2. It doesn't matter. The only thing we do know is, the plane isn't where it should be. Its NOT in the straights of malaysia. Its not in the gulf of thailand. Its not in the South China Sea. It might be somewhere in the forests of south east Asia... But that seems unlikely at this point... SOMEBODY intentionally made that plane go wildly off course, and evidently someplace where it is seemingly impossible to find. There's enough evidence of that, that I believe it beyond a reasonable doubt. Who and Why, become the question. The Where and how its remained hidden are irrelevant.

Its incredible to think how big the world really is, than to think that 75% of it is ocean. That is almost unfathomable...

You have to admit, even among the rarity of aviation disasters, something incredibly unusual happened in this incident?

Over a year.

Not a single piece of wreckage.

Not a single seat cushion washed up on a beach.

Not a single hunk of foam insulation or a verified ping from a FDR.

Not a single Mayday, black box ping, or other call for help from the plane- yet we know it flew for hours after losing contact. And it flew in a manner suggesting somebody was actually in control.

Not a single fcuking clue where this plane actually is.... Could be in any one of the vast oceans you mention... Or not. Every piece of evidence that pointed to where the plane might actually be, turned into a dry hole. We have no more idea where this plane is today than we did the moment we first heard it was missing.. And by that I dont mean we dont know its general latitude and longitude, I mean we dont know which hemisphere it might be in.

SOMEBODY, intentionally drove this plane out to where they knew it would never be found.

Why? Pilot suicide? We just had one, he picked the closest mountain top.

The only reason would be to cover up evidence of something else.

This mystery has been a real mind fvck to me and the fact that so little has been made aware of is almost mind blowing... Did you happen to see the theory that the plane shot down over Ukraine was actually this one? Pretty interesting...

I just cant fathom why someone would make this plane disappear and how we don't have the technology these days to be able to scan the ocean for the wreckage when we are able to do so many mind blowing things with our modern technology.

Makes me think the plane didn't crash in the ocean or we would be able to find it. At the same time, I guess I don't know enough of our abilities in this scenario...

...We have no evidence the plane is anywhere...

Indeed the only thing we can count on. We can't even count out alien abduction. All we know for sure is that it took off and did not land at its destination. It could be right under our noses or on frickin' Jupiter.

Maybe the pilot landed on the water like the Hudson river accident. Plane intact, sinks to the seafloor. No debris, no nothing.

I'd assume someone would have opened a door and in that case bodies and debris. Still possible but I'm still with others that the lack of debris is fascinating. After the Air France crash I became very intrigued with plane crashes...watch all the Mayday and Air Disaster shows, have read the wiki on most crashes. I can believe the Russia hypothesis but the Illuminati one seems too far fetched.

Maybe the pilot landed on the water like the Hudson river accident. Plane intact, sinks to the seafloor. No debris, no nothing.

The likelihood of that happening is EXTRAORDINARILY slim, in the Hudson the waves are relatively tame, in the ocean those waves on a calm day are going to be 20'-30' minimum. To set that plane down without it tearing apart would be a miracle.

Actually on a calm day the average waves are like 8ft tall......20-30ft waves are only in storms.....

Damn, could have sworn they'd be higher than 8'. In that case I'll gladly admit I'm wrong.

I'd assume someone would have opened a door and in that case bodies and debris. Still possible but I'm still with others that the lack of debris is fascinating. After the Air France crash I became very intrigued with plane crashes...watch all the Mayday and Air Disaster shows, have read the wiki on most crashes. I can believe the Russia hypothesis but the Illuminati one seems too far fetched.

You will like this website :D I'm on it frequently

www.avherald.com

I'm surprised that there hasnt been more help provided by US agencies that have satellites up in space. Surely one of their satellites up there picked up something, perhaps it was even able to trace the plane?

Unless by doing so (providing info, be it super high res shots or some sort of sophisticated tracking tech) that agency would be showing exactly what it was capable of?

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.wired.com/2015/05/feds-say-bann...andeered-plane/

. Chris Roberts, a security researcher with One World Labs, told the FBI agent during an interview in February that he had hacked the in-flight entertainment system, or IFE, on an airplane and overwrote code on the plane’s Thrust Management Computer while aboard the flight. He was able to issue a climb command and make the plane briefly change course, the document states.

“He stated that he thereby caused one of the airplane engines to climb resulting in a lateral or sideways movement of the plane during one of these flights,” FBI Special Agent Mark Hurley wrote in his warrant application (.pdf). “He also stated that he used Vortex software after comprising/exploiting or ‘hacking’ the airplane’s networks. He used the software to monitor traffic from the cockpit system.”

He told WIRED that he did access in-flight networks about 15 times during various flights but had not done anything beyond explore the networks and observe data traffic crossing them. According to the FBI affidavit, however, when he mentioned this to agents last February he told them that he also had briefly commandeered a plane during one of those flights.

He told the FBI that the period in which he accessed the in-flight networks more than a dozen times occurred between 2011 and 2014. The affidavit, however, does not indicate exactly which flight he allegedly caused to turn to fly to the side.

He obtained physical access to the networks through the Seat Electronic Box, or SEB. These are installed two to a row, on each side of the aisle under passenger seats, on certain planes. After removing the cover to the SEB by “wiggling and Squeezing the box,” Roberts told agents he attached a Cat6 ethernet cable, with a modified connector, to the box and to his laptop and then used default IDs and passwords to gain access to the inflight entertainment system. Once on that network, he was able to gain access to other systems on the planes.

Roberts began investigating aviation security about six years ago after he and a research colleague got hold of publicly available flight manuals and wiring diagrams for various planes. The documents showed how inflight entertainment systems one some planes were connected to the passenger satellite phone network, which included functions for operating some cabin control systems. These systems were in turn connected to the plane avionics systems. They built a test lab using demo software obtained from infotainment vendors and others in order to explore what they could to the networks.

I'm just saying....

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...t&p=1110889

So... I'm going to come right out and say it... I think somebody else figured out what this guy did (actually, that's not a ::think:: that's a fact. Multiple people have written about this vulnerability)

I think that one of those "somebodies" were not geeky computer nerds who hack shit just to see if it can be done.... In fact I think they were terrorist oriented motherfuckers.

I think they hacked into this planes systems in a systematic way to kill comms, and then take the plane... And I think they may have even made the systems send out false info to throw the eventual search parties in the wrong direction.... And then drove this fcuking plane somewhere where it wouldn't be found. Why? Maybe so that the vulnerabilities they discovered and exploited in this dry run, wouldn't be fixed. I mean as it is, we have lots of pilots on here who are still screaming "this isn't possible". Bad news. It's possible. And that means they could pull of a "Bojinka" style attack, all at once without the difficulty and unpredictability of using explosives.

So... I'm going to come right out and say it... I think somebody else figured out what this guy did (actually, that's not a ::think:: that's a fact. Multiple people have written about this vulnerability)

I think that one of those "somebodies" were not geeky computer nerds who hack shit just to see if it can be done.... In fact I think they were terrorist oriented motherfuckers.

I think they hacked into this planes systems in a systematic way to kill comms, and then take the plane... And I think they may have even made the systems send out false info to throw the eventual search parties in the wrong direction.... And then drove this fcuking plane somewhere where it wouldn't be found. Why? Maybe so that the vulnerabilities they discovered and exploited in this dry run, wouldn't be fixed. I mean as it is, we have lots of pilots on here who are still screaming "this isn't possible". Bad news. It's possible. And that means they could pull of a "Bojinka" style attack, all at once without the difficulty and unpredictability of using explosives.

Jives with the conspiracy theory I linked to back in post #552.

Some crazy times we live in.

you think they landed the plane somewhere or ditched it at sea?

Whilst I have no doubt the vulnerability is a viable threat the question I ask is why? No one has come forward, they have actually taken a plane and lives and that is no small matter so why would there not be a group claiming actual responsibility for the incident.

Whilst I have no doubt the vulnerability is a viable threat the question I ask is why? No one has come forward, they have actually taken a plane and lives and that is no small matter so why would there not be a group claiming actual responsibility for the incident.

Perhaps it is a preamble to a larger, more coordinated attack.

If there was indeed a successful attack, and these individuals were able gain access to the airplanes systems. They may have been able to gain access to the life support systems on the plane, render the crew and passengers on the plane unconscious and gain access to the cabin.

If they were/are able to do this, they once again potentially have access to a "fleet of IED's".

More disturbing is the possibility that a nefarious individual posing as a staffer, press reporter, etc would be able to gain access to the system on any airplane containing politicians,dignitaries and heads of state.