My 2014 Roadster Thread

ToofDoc

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything about this thread is amazing. I read it from beginning to end, because it was just that great.

And, your roadster. The detail, and looks are just too awesome to be legal. So, unreal.

I felt like a kid again, reading this piece by piece.

toof, great job on selecting possibly the hottest options for the Roadster! Incredible.

Now, I feel obligated to demand: videos lol

:icon_super:

Toofdoc, how are you enjoying driving your Roadster? Any more driving impressions?

I finally received the car yesterday. Huge thanks to Scott (aka Scotty on our forum here, another reason why Lambopower is an amazing place). Long story short, NO trailer company wanted to pick up my car from St. Louis on this Memorial Day weekend and they certainly couldn't deliver during the weekend even if they were able to pick up the car. So Scott called his personal driver, we agreed on a price, and the driver took the time to drive from Michigan down to St. Louis, picked up the car and drove the car straight here to Pittsburgh yesterday!! Without Scott, I wouldn't have my car this weekend!

Scott, if you're reading this....I've said it many times already, but I'll say it again. THANK YOU!

Now on to the driving impressions....one word WOW!!

It was around mid 70s yesterday here in Pittsburgh, dry and clear skies. I took the top off and put on over 100 miles on her!! I drove in Sports mode only, didn't want to stress out the engine on Corse mode just yet and certainly didn't want to deal with the auto stop/start BS.

The sound of the engine is just amazing! I do have the factory exhaust tune and I highly recommend to those that are considering getting an Aventador and especially a roadster because you can hear it so much louder with the top off and the back window down. Every time I down shifts...there's the thunder roar that goes like "boom...boom..boom..." just like a thunder roll! SO AWESOME!

Again, I felt very much like home in an Aventador as I did in the LP560 as far as the steering wheel with the paddle shifting, blind spots, periphery sense of surroundings. I didn't go faster than 85 MPH on the highway but I was able to sense the tight grasp of the car to the highway roads. Speeding from 0-60 is literately a blink of an eye and cruising from 60 to 85 wasn't even noticible on the speedo. The only thing I was drawn to again was the engine symphony!

I'm only 5'9", with the top off, a lot of wind is blown at my head without the wind deflector installed. With the 2-piece wind deflector installed, the wind died down tremendously.

As the night wand down, the temp also dropped down to mid 50s. It was chilly and cool just standing outside, but driving the roadster with the top off, wind deflector installed, and the window up....it was quite cozy in the cabin (no seat warmers turned on).

The Aventador is much wider, longer, and lower than my LP560. I didn't have to use the front lift on my LP560 to get onto my driveway, with the Aventador, I have to activate the front lift every time. Also, I barely can get into my garage with my aventator, the sides were TIGHT while with my LP560, I had plenty of room to get in my garage.

On the public reactions, this time is completely different from my last Lambo. In my LP560, I had complete privacy. My windshield was tinted at 30 and my windows were tinted at 5 all the way around. No one can see me. With my Roadster, it's not tinted yet, and with the top off, EVERYONE can see me. I was unease at first, but it turned out to be a VERY pleasant experience. I was concerned about people starring at me, throwing things at me, give me dirty looks, you get the point. But instead, I found everyone was extremely happy to see me (who's driving it) and we all had fun and exciting conversations, especially at stop lights/intersections.

At one point, at a red light on a three lane road and I was in the middle lane, both cars on the sides of me starting to talk to me. One the left hand side in a white Cadillac SUV, two well done up women in their 50s and on the right hand side in a grey Chevy truck, an African American stocky guy both started to ask me questions, smiling and saying "wow"! As both cars our higher than my car, so they both were able to see my interior. I answered about 4-5 questions and I revved a little for them, they were ALL excited.

Another time I was in the right hand lane, this guy with his 5 -6 year old little girl in the back seat raced up next to me while we're driving in a 35 MPH zone on the left hand lane, rolled down his window and said "Oh MY GOD!!" He asked what car was mine and what year? I told him, then he shared with me that "I just got this today too" pointing to his black Hundai, I looked at it and I replied "yeah, congrats, that looks nice too"! He then shouted "Yeah, it's not a fcuking Lambo!!" his daughter jumped up and lean forward and shouted, "DAD, YOU SWORE!!".....I about died laughing!!!!

So short note of it, this car and all Lambos bring a lot of joy from all walks of life and now I'm not so sure that I want all that "privacy" that I had in my old LP560?

I will still tint my car, but 50 on the windshield and 30 on side and back to block UV rays from damaging my white leather interior.

FUN, FUN, FUN....off to a pool party tonight...more pics to come! :icon_thumleft:

Everything about this thread is amazing. I read it from beginning to end, because it was just that great.

And, your roadster. The detail, and looks are just too awesome to be legal. So, unreal.

I felt like a kid again, reading this piece by piece.

toof, great job on selecting possibly the hottest options for the Roadster! Incredible.

Now, I feel obligated to demand: videos lol

:icon_super:

Thanks Jay! Not a video guy, but definitely more pics for sure!! This car is something else! :icon_super:

Great write up and congratulations on the car! I cant even imagine how exciting this must be! I drove an aventador yesterday for the first time and that alone left such an impression on me, I couldnt imagine owning one!

Wow! Congrats. That is probably the best spec'd Vent I've ever seen. Great taste.

Thank you! I love the white calipers and the European side markers which weren't even options from the factory! Little subtle changes that makes this car unique.

Great write up and congratulations on the car! I cant even imagine how exciting this must be! I drove an aventador yesterday for the first time and that alone left such an impression on me, I couldnt imagine owning one!

Nice! Where did you drive one at? Dealership, friend's car, race track event? Roadster is a must try if you can get your hands on one!

Congrats.

Thanks man! Long time coming!

Big congrats, love the interior.

Thanks for the compliment! A lot of people really enjoy the interior! It always a great feeling when you pictureed something in your head or wanted things in one way and then the plan actually happened! I've heard some pissed owners when they ordered their car one way or the way that they had envisioned and the car ended up missing the expectations.

Here are more recent pics:

Hey Andy - FINALLY saw the pics and WOW - stunning!

Congrats! Enjoy in the best of health for many miles. When will it be at C&C??? Looking forward to seeing it in person whether C&C or another event!!!

Andy

Probably the best vent I've ever seen. Congrats and enjoy in good health

Also don't paint the front bumper yelllow on this one ;)

Hey Andy - FINALLY saw the pics and WOW - stunning!

Congrats! Enjoy in the best of health for many miles. When will it be at C&C??? Looking forward to seeing it in person whether C&C or another event!!!

Now that you say that Cake I haven't seen Andy at a CnC in forever. Bringing that bad boy out tomorrow Toof?

Andy

Probably the best vent I've ever seen. Congrats and enjoy in good health

Also don't paint the front bumper yelllow on this one ;)

Hahahaha. I still stand in the camp of "I thought the yellow bumper was AWESOME."

• 3 weeks later...
Such a slick car. How's the interior white holding up with use? Are you taking any preventative measures to maintain it?

So far, so good. I wipe down the leather with a leather cleanser and leather conditioner every time as soon as I park the car for the day. Also, I don't wear jeans or jean shorts or any dark colored pants/shorts. Mainly just linen or spring colored pants. I make my girl do the same on her skirts and dresses.

Beautiful car, nice of your kid to help out. BTW I always imagined you not having kids, IDK why lol.

My son LOVES help me washing my car. He gets excited because he gets to play with water and soap! Great father and son bonding time!