Lamborghini Prototype Road Rage

a007apl

I drive a lot for work and do the "speed trap follow" all the time. You know where you follow someone going as Fast as you so they will get hit by a radar trap first. There's a level of respect where every now and then when the guy you are following slows down a bit, you have to take one for the team and be the leader for a bit.

It is annoying as hell when you slow down to allow the other guyot lead and he slows down so you have to stay in front (which I also do all the time).

Ok you've got me curious I've never heard of this concept before.... Never really thought of there being comradery between another driver who is going fast. I just move out of the way when someone comes up behind me since I assume they want to go faster than me.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

following someone for 45 minutes who is obviously trying to avoid you

Of course, it is too long. I assume that was an infringement of the privacy.

If i were the Huracan's driver i would prefer to resolve this problem in a delicate manner and not to block the car because it is against the law in Florida. Never impose on others what would you not choose it for yourself. Be calm and drive the Lamborghini delightedly.

Here's my youtube flag, there wasn't a category for douchery:

Thank you for submitting your report. Here is the information we received from you:

Issue reported:

Hateful or abusive content > Abusing vulnerable individuals

Timestamp selected:

0:02

Additional details:

The guy videoing abused the Lamborghini driver by relentlessly stalking him for close to an hour.

The video is now on the main page of the most popular news website in my country. Looks like he gets the attention he aimed for.

Douche move from the reporter. Quite understandable 'human' reaction from the lambo guy although calling cops as Allan mentioned would be wiser.

Jason, I have met you several times, and have also always been a fan of your work.

However inmo, you have crossed the line of simple common sense... When I drive my car, and someone pulls up next to me, films me, honks, waves etc, I have no issues with it. However follow me for an hour and we would have problems. I have had people several times attempt to follow me home, even following me through the gates of my property. The driver of the car does not know you, all he knows is that you were following him at great lengths, even when he attempted to evade you. The world is full of crazies, and who knows what was running through his head as to what your thoughts and intentions were. I would have handled things differently, as I would of called the police myself, and then used your own footage against you as at that point it would of been unedited and shown you yourself breaking the law and driving recklessly. I think the possibility of filing harrasment charges would exist as well. Im not an attorney, but I would consult one.

I myself used to be open to photoshoots, video collaborations, car shows whatever.. But as the years have gone by Ive noticed a trend amongst many so called Carparrazi. Entitlement. They act as though you OWE it to them to give them your time, answer their questions, allow them to document your every move. As an example I had a well know photog and Youtuber film my GTT with me. I allowed them to do so, and they profited from it. On the flipside, when I asked for some help, they declined, saying they would not be able to do so. This same person recently contacted me saying they were working on a wonderful new project, I would love it, and can they have my vin #... Ya no.. These photogs take pictures of our belongings, which we work hard to attain for their own personal gain. They feel this is their entitlement. The funny flipside of it is, have you ever seen what happens when you repost one of their pictures on FB without giving them proper credit? They blow their minds.

I now do whatever I can to keep my cars to myself, will never attend a car show etc. I do everything I can to stay out of any public situations. I know many like me who now do the same. Inmo, this video will hurt you Jason, as your audience may deem it funny, but the people with whom you are attempting to set yourself up with as a serious Automotive Photographer and videographer will not. Sure, some of your car owning friends who know you may disagree, but rest assured should it happen to them, by someone they dont know, the tables would be turned.. The reality is the few dollars you earn in the short term, will be peanuts compared to the loss of your reputation.

As exotic owners, I think if you dont agree with this video, you should flag it on Youtube and it will be pulled. Otherwise soon you will have every kid with a camera doing all they can to incite similar situations in an attempt at becoming YOUTUBE sensations..

Great post, Allan.

Jason, I have met you several times, and have also always been a fan of your work.

However inmo, you have crossed the line of simple common sense... When I drive my car, and someone pulls up next to me, films me, honks, waves etc, I have no issues with it. However follow me for an hour and we would have problems. I have had people several times attempt to follow me home, even following me through the gates of my property. The driver of the car does not know you, all he knows is that you were following him at great lengths, even when he attempted to evade you. The world is full of crazies, and who knows what was running through his head as to what your thoughts and intentions were. I would have handled things differently, as I would of called the police myself, and then used your own footage against you as at that point it would of been unedited and shown you yourself breaking the law and driving recklessly. I think the possibility of filing harrasment charges would exist as well. Im not an attorney, but I would consult one.

I myself used to be open to photoshoots, video collaborations, car shows whatever.. But as the years have gone by Ive noticed a trend amongst many so called Carparrazi. Entitlement. They act as though you OWE it to them to give them your time, answer their questions, allow them to document your every move. As an example I had a well know photog and Youtuber film my GTT with me. I allowed them to do so, and they profited from it. On the flipside, when I asked for some help, they declined, saying they would not be able to do so. This same person recently contacted me saying they were working on a wonderful new project, I would love it, and can they have my vin #... Ya no.. These photogs take pictures of our belongings, which we work hard to attain for their own personal gain. They feel this is their entitlement. The funny flipside of it is, have you ever seen what happens when you repost one of their pictures on FB without giving them proper credit? They blow their minds.

I now do whatever I can to keep my cars to myself, will never attend a car show etc. I do everything I can to stay out of any public situations. I know many like me who now do the same. Inmo, this video will hurt you Jason, as your audience may deem it funny, but the people with whom you are attempting to set yourself up with as a serious Automotive Photographer and videographer will not. Sure, some of your car owning friends who know you may disagree, but rest assured should it happen to them, by someone they dont know, the tables would be turned.. The reality is the few dollars you earn in the short term, will be peanuts compared to the loss of your reputation.

As exotic owners, I think if you dont agree with this video, you should flag it on Youtube and it will be pulled. Otherwise soon you will have every kid with a camera doing all they can to incite similar situations in an attempt at becoming YOUTUBE sensations..

Wow, best write up ever Allan. I do love Jason's work, I have had people follow me like this, I just lay back or pull off, because it does feel weird. And there are a lot of nut jobs out there......you never know their intentions.

The video is now on the main page of the most popular news website in my country. Looks like he gets the attention he aimed for.

Maybe so but I'm curious, another part of Jason's job is taking pictures of exotics, for owners and events.

In the sports world when a reporter betrays the trust of a star athlete or they report on comments that are supposed to be off the record between trusted adults, sometimes they may be shunned from the locker room.

Would something like this and more importantly his actions surrounding it (calling 911, basically saying F-U in his youtube comments) possibly hurt his trust among exotic owners for personal and event photography?

Ok you've got me curious I've never heard of this concept before.... Never really thought of there being comradery between another driver who is going fast. I just move out of the way when someone comes up behind me since I assume they want to go faster than me.

For sure you would move over and let the faster car pass, but if you are already going faster than everyone else, you may just add a couple of miles per hour and follow the faster car as they look out for radar.

Many times when that happens the faster car may get tired of looking for speed traps and may slow down ever so slightly and move over, so to be respectful you would pass them and allow them to follow you for a while.

This is more common out in large open areas of little population. I do a lot of driving in Ontario and Quebec so there are long stretches of open road and not a whole bunch of traffic. I am not referring to dodging in and out of rush hour traffic in a metropolitan city.

update on jalopnik page:

UPDATE: We've heard back from our contact with Lamborghini, and while they are still looking into the matter, "it's fair to say this isn't a direct employee of Lamborghini."

well, not really much useful information in this update :eusa_think:

my 2c

Filming while driving is also not allowed in the States I guess, in Europe you would get a huge fine for that... posting it on the internet including several "dangerous" manouvers on the road is not clever either, other people got a visit from police after bragging about their "run" ....

Personally I would have chased hom too for a minute or two, taking a snapshot... it's still a rare catch and no regular Huracans are on the road yet... no dealer has one to my knowlegde... global dynamic launch was last week in Spain...

Maybe so but I'm curious, another part of Jason's job is taking pictures of exotics, for owners and events.

In the sports world when a reporter betrays the trust of a star athlete or they report on comments that are supposed to be off the record between trusted adults, sometimes they may be shunned from the locker room.

Would something like this and more importantly his actions surrounding it (calling 911, basically saying F-U in his youtube comments) possibly hurt his trust among exotic owners for personal and event photography?

May the bridges he burns light his way forward in life.

Agree with Alan 100%..... People love to see the "asshole" Lamborghini driver........ A car is property, you work hard for your spoils and you don't owe anyone anything. When his youtube channel makes him the big $$ and he trades in the subaru for an exotic lets see if he still enjoys people sitting on his car for pics, and following him around, asking 30000 questions at the gas station........ It's also never normal questions about the car....it's "what do you do? How much did you make? Whats that cost?" Drug dealer, lots and a billion dollars...now fcuk off! It's what they wanne hear anyways.

Well shit, that's quite a moment of clarity, but a great perspective. Nice post.

Agree with Alan 100%..... People love to see the "asshole" Lamborghini driver........ A car is property, you work hard for your spoils and you don't owe anyone anything. When his youtube channel makes him the big $$ and he trades in the subaru for an exotic lets see if he still enjoys people sitting on his car for pics, and following him around, asking 30000 questions at the gas station........ It's also never normal questions about the car....it's "what do you do? How much did you make? Whats that cost?" Drug dealer, lots and a billion dollars...now fcuk off! It's what they wanne hear anyways.

The funny thing, is you make shit off youtube...

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Excellent post....

45 Minutes? Of THAT?

And Jason didn't get the hint? The driver had to call in back-up, and it still didn't occur to him to call it a day?

I'll add the part Allan forgot.

Don't be a fcuking asshole.

Your job in life isn't to wake up in the morning and say, " how can I be a dick to somebody today?" And for no fcuking reason other than you like their car??? Or worse, want to take photos of their car for your financial benefit. Get next to yourself.

I'm a fcuking car guy... Always have been... And there was a time in my life I would have shit myself if I saw that car rolling down the road, and probably would have tried to catch up to it to grab a picture.... OK... Congratulations! You saw the car.... You got a few minutes of video of the car. From that you can pull about 2000 still photos of the fcuking car. What the fcuk else do you want??? You don't know who the driver is, but unless you've had frontal lobotomy, you can tell he want's you to leave him the fcuk alone now... So be a HUMAN BEING, instead of a horses ass, and leave him the fcuk alone.

I personally wouldn't have confronted you like that... I probably would have pulled into a gas station like you were hoping, and gotten out of the car... And if you followed me, after all that, and approached me, you would be looking down the business end of a handgun.....

I have a 45 miles trip each way for work with 30+ miles on the turnpike. I regularly do this and sometimes I see the same drivers day after day. It actually is quite fun. I've also had it happen on long road trips back home where we just switch off every 15 minutes.

The photog is no douche. He's actually a professional. He got caught up in the moment I guess. He's also allowed to video for as long as he'd like. Last I checked it's still a free country. If you're going to be driving a prototype vehicle, you're going to get videoed, get used to it

:iamwithstupid:

Prototype or not, following anyone for 45+ minutes is pure stupid. Shoot your 10 seconds of video, give a "thumbs up", and move along. Yes, I understand you're excited. But 45 minutes?? Get a life. In Texas your ass would get shot at after about 3 minutes. That driver does not know if you're a car fanatic or a car jacker.

You guys are funny! acting all shocked and surprised, and worried about danger....all because someone is holding a camera/phone while driving. You guys live in cave? This is what most people do now and the law can do little about it.

Hey, filming's safer than texting!

I rather have a guy filming next to me than a girl texting. :icon_thumleft:

You guys are funny! acting all shocked and surprised, and worried about danger....all because someone is holding a camera/phone while driving. You guys live in cave? This is what most people do now and the law can do little about it.

I think you are the one living in the cave. Just wait till you get your car jacked or home invaded by a bunch of low lifes just because of your car and you will change your mind pretty fast.

I think you are the one living in the cave. Just wait till you get your car jacked or home invaded by a bunch of low lifes just because of your car and you will change your mind pretty fast.

I agree!!! If someone follows me with no regards ... They are getting checked!!!!