MP4-12C vs SL570

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LP570 I think you would keep longer as they seem to be more exciting. With that being said a 12C would be something fun. I just worry I would only keep one as long as my R8.... 10 months. You already have the Diablo correct? So maybe time for something different.

12c is a lot more car for the money IMO

although stock to stock I like the looks of the 570. (until you strap a SP Bumper on the 12c)

The 570 hands down, I love that car.

:iamwithstupid:

Best car I have owned in years, maybe ever. Does everything right and goes like hell.

It's really a close decision for me. Hi Kevin; yep still have 6.0 & Viper.. and still wanting a verde 570 like your former :) but the more I look at the MP4, really like it too

The MP4 is unbeatable out of the box with regards to performance and it really shines on the track. It is the best car I've driven on the track.

I think Mac-N-IT can give you the best feedback. I personally find it a bit underwhelming in the looks department though. I think knowing what it is, is the most exciting part of the car.

For me the 570 has a very special feeling and presence to it that I don't think any other car in the price range can match. It has a nice blend of newer tech

mixed with a little old school feeling that makes it a fun & exciting package.

Both are great choices, just depends on what you are looking for out of the car.

Well, this may come as a shock to most...but I have to go with the McLaren. I have of ocurse had multiple 570 cars, STS, as well as the Squada Corssa car..

And I have to say for a stock OEM car, the McLaren is a fantastic car..so much car for the money in todays market.

I have sold probably 6 of them lately and all customers are happy with them.

I have TWO more Coupes inbound this week, a fantastic car for the money.

Roy

It'll be a tough call.

The Mac would outperform the 570 in almost all criteria. And yet it doesn't "feel" right. It's blindingly fast and the handling is stellar but it's also sterile as if it does everything too well to the point this is no excitement. It's an exotic car with figures to match but without much of the exotic feel.

The 570 defines what a modern Italian exotic should be with some flaws and temperament to match. And it ought to get outperformed by the Mac as it's a few years behind in technology but the feel is much more rewarding. It is everything one would expect from a Lamborghini along with German precision and quality.

That said, however, you have a 6.0. So if you want a more or less updated feel but especially without heft, get the 570. You will feel right at home but everything will be more refined and more nimble. If you want a totally different feel --- to a point that you actually don't feel much --- with latest performance stats, then get the MP4.

Well, this may come as a shock to most...but I have to go with the McLaren. I have of ocurse had multiple 570 cars, STS, as well as the Squada Corssa car..

And I have to say for a stock OEM car, the McLaren is a fantastic car..so much car for the money in todays market.

I have sold probably 6 of them lately and all customers are happy with them.

I have TWO more Coupes inbound this week, a fantastic car for the money.

Roy

wow! im shocked but have to agree!

Drive both, see which one fits you better. I like the 570 more as a street car but the 12C is great as a track car.

I have both, tough choice, all depends on what you're looking for.... Lambo is more exotic with the right combo, my STS looks are far more aggressive and exotic than the 12C, but the 12C just trounces the LP in any performance category...

Evaluate your driving style, needs, performance desires and preferred style.

I think as time goes on the 570SL will age quite well for the market comps; the McLaren is an impressive car that can't be denied, but I think it'll be easier forgotten as time goes on.

:icon_super:

Not surprised that you like that one!!

My buddy has a killer orange Spyder that will be available when his 650 comes in. Or if you are interested, he might sell it sooner. I think it was the most expensive Spyder this same dealer sold.

My buddy has a killer orange Spyder that will be available when his 650 comes in. Or if you are interested, he might sell it sooner. I think it was the most expensive Spyder this same dealer sold.

Sounds cool, but no Spyders for me... I'm a coupe man.

Sounds cool, but no Spyders for me... I'm a coupe man.

LOLOLOL exactly! ;)

• 2 weeks later...