LP640 custom headers almost complete!

alpha6164

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would these headers interchange with a 6.2 Murcie, or are there differences in the heads?

I tend to think the heads... and at least the bore centers and port locations would match.

Would these headers interchange with a 6.2 Murcie, or are there differences in the heads?

My understanding is that they have same head/block as far as exterior dimensions/port locations go.

Well this is one of those times that making a mistake is a good thing. I was told that the highest power the car made was 616AWP but they called me this morning and informed me that they did one final dyno after a cool down period and got 624 AWP :eusa_dance: Now mind you that this was done in 92deg weather in Orlando where the original dyno of 533AWP was done in 77deg weather. I would love to see what this would do in some cool weather.

Here is the graph. There are parts of the graph that we picked up 70-80 ft/lb tq and the power just continues to climb all the way to end of the run. Needless to say this is a wrap my brothers. Hope you guys have enjoyed this little project. I will have info and details in the next couple of weeks for all the people that have messaged and asked about getting a run of these made.

post-13156-1408716217_thumb.jpg

I picked up the car from ###### yesterday and drove back to Jacksonville and what an amazing ride it was. Car has turned into an animal. The butt feel is crazy. The pick up in torque down low is insane. Traction control constantly coming on that I had not seen before. The car thru entire power band has improved. From 5500 to redline it's insane. The car had no CE light or any issues in two hours of 100 deg driving including traffic on on I4. Needless to say I am estatic.

I picked up the car from ###### yesterday and drove back to Jacksonville and what an amazing ride it was. Car has turned into an animal. The butt feel is crazy. The pick up in torque down low is insane. Traction control constantly coming on that I had not seen before. The car thru entire power band has improved. From 5500 to redline it's insane. The car had no CE light or any issues in two hours of 100 deg driving including traffic on on I4. Needless to say I am estatic.

Cost please?

I think traction control on most cars with just exhaust becomes unusable. I cannot even go part throttle without it coming on....

Congrats on the results! Begs the question, why didn't lambo just make the car like this in the first place? and how much power can their V12 make yet?

Congrats on the results! Begs the question, why didn't lambo just make the car like this in the first place? and how much power can their V12 make yet?

I think this is using no cats and no muffler just resonators, don't think this would pass emission and noise regs as factory standard.

Cost/packaging of headers is usually the main reason for manufacturers not running them. It's nice that Lambo uses tubular exhaust manifolds, most OEM's don't.

I think this is using no cats and no muffler just resonators, don't think this would pass emission and noise regs as factory standard.

ah ok should have read farther back in the thread lol

How about vboxing it?

I will be doing that after i come back from Labor Day weekend. Will def have numbers next week. But the dyno numbers are the dyno numbers on the same chasis :)

I will be doing that after i come back from Labor Day weekend. Will def have numbers next week. But the dyno numbers are the dyno numbers on the same chasis :)

Vbox and cost numbers please :)

• 2 weeks later...
Well this is one of those times that making a mistake is a good thing. I was told that the highest power the car made was 616AWP but they called me this morning and informed me that they did one final dyno after a cool down period and got 624 AWP :eusa_dance: Now mind you that this was done in 92deg weather in Orlando where the original dyno of 533AWP was done in 77deg weather. I would love to see what this would do in some cool weather.

Here is the graph. There are parts of the graph that we picked up 70-80 ft/lb tq and the power just continues to climb all the way to end of the run. Needless to say this is a wrap my brothers. Hope you guys have enjoyed this little project. I will have info and details in the next couple of weeks for all the people that have messaged and asked about getting a run of these made.

Post_header_post_tune.jpg

Thats some pretty impressive numbers. I would also be keen on a set of these headers if your fabricator would build one. Also will it fit my LP670SV?

So even if we take a 20% drivetrain loss, your pushing out 748hp at the crank? And all this from ecu tune, decats, headers and an exhaust?