Tony Stewart

Phteven

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kid wearing black on black in a poorly lit track didn't really help things.

That and the blue car in front may have obscured his view, might have had mud on his visor, looking at his gauges since it was a yellow, a million reasons to be distracted. It's not like your looking to avoid somebody walking on the track. Tragedy but the kid was an idiot.

I think in future anybody that walks on a track should face a significant suspension and fine to put this behauvior to bed.

find it very strange that this is the first time tony stewart did not have his go pro in the car just a little strange

To be fair it's a sprint car, it would be looking 45 degrees the wrong way for half the race lol

find it very strange that this is the first time tony stewart did not have his go pro in the car just a little strange

Probably did have a Go Pro or something. But would you release it to the media(You Tube) when there no doubt is a law suit and/or criminal charges coming to you?

Probably did have a Go Pro or something. But would you release it to the media(You Tube) when there no doubt is a law suit and/or criminal charges coming to you?

:iamwithstupid:

There has got to be more footage to this some where. It is odd that TS's team had none when they usually do. But it is what it is, as we see it.

One thing, Ive never raced on a dirt track, everywhere else though. Ive always had to sign a waiver, honestly I have never read it. I assume it says you wont sue the track, but what about other racers? And even if it does say you wont sue other racers, because it is racing, how strong are these waivers really? In the world where Pre Nups, none competes, etc. get thrown out how secure are these track waivers?

a41jzj5.jpg

:iamwithstupid: I have no idea whether this driver is at fault or not, but what the other driver did was completely idiotic.

fWIW, I have no idea who either of these guys are... For me it boils down to the video and why the car swerves.

Let's change things just a bit... A car breaks down on the freeway, and instead of getting out of the way,(like you're supposed to do) the occupants jump out and start waving their arms in the slow lane... (Btw, I have seen this happen on at least three separate occasions)

A car in the fast lane sees them and decides somebody should teach them a lesson and intentionally swerves for them as a joke, but misjudged and hit them... Result?

The fact that the occupants have entered the roadway, doesn't make it open season. A reasonably prudent person swerves AWAY from the idiot in the road.... Intentionally swerving towards them is reckless, and if a homicide results, the criminal charge is manslaughter.

Civilly, there is contributory negligence, but that may be negated if the swerve is intentional.

Again, I can't tell if the swerve was intentional or if it was caused by the victim under the wheels... But a careful review of the films will make that obvious...

Another bad thing was the driver walked on the track where he was standing on the outside of a curve. Really bad place to be in.

Just an FYI you can change the speed, on Youtube by clicking on the gear.

Anyways, when you watch the video you can see that the back wheel is what hits the guy and Stewart gunned it right when he was right by the kid.

Though I'm wondering if this is 2nd degree murder or manslaughter?

One thing to consider, this is a banked turn with different size rear wheels. I haven't personally driven one, but my understanding is you steer these things with the throttle and they don't turn worth a damn otherwise.

Just saying, there are a few plausible situations other than he mowed this kid down maliciously or even accidentally while still being a Dick.

From the video it doesn't even look like Stewart really hit him to cause the spin.

I hope.they do have some gopro footage or quality TV coverage. If he did this intentionally he needs to be charged and banned from racing.

I think Tony will eventually be charged with something. Even if not charged, Tony is in a heap of shit. He's obviously going to face civil issues and be sued so bad he won't be able to afford a pair of Toughskins when it's over.

We are talking about Tony Stewart here. He's a PROFESSIONAL driver. He knows what he is doing and where the wheels are, where his limits are, and what the limitations of the vehicle he is operating. It appears he approached him closely and floored it to "teach him a lesson" and prove who the big dog is...

Do we need to go digging through YouTube to find Tony Stewart pouting videos?

Anyways, when you watch the video you can see that the back wheel is what hits the guy and Stewart gunned it right when he was right by the kid.

How does clicking on the gear allow you to change the speed? I just get options for the resolution...?

One thing to consider, this is a banked turn with different size rear wheels. I haven't personally driven one, but my understanding is you steer these things with the throttle and they don't turn worth a damn otherwise.

Just saying, there are a few plausible situations other than he mowed this kid down maliciously or even accidentally while still being a Dick.

From the video it doesn't even look like Stewart really hit him to cause the spin.

I hope.they do have some gopro footage or quality TV coverage. If he did this intentionally he needs to be charged and banned from racing.

This is exactly it... You can't just turn yourself out of the way. He got on the throttle and tried to cut to the inside of the track, which unfortunately shot the back-end out exactly like they are designed to do. The other two cars were able to "dodge" him simply because he wasn't nearly as close in the first place. I'd also say from a visibility standpoint that he may not have even seen him until the last second. That may have contributed to the late and jerky reaction.

I did this. What I see is the kid walking away from the blue car, then walking slightly towards Tony's car, or maybe not even moving at all but Tony's car happened to be on a slightly higher line. I cant see any moving towards the kid at all. The swerve I saw after what looked like the car hit the kid.

Im betting Tony was more concentrated on the car in front of him and figured he wouldnt have to worry about the other driver on the track that is why you didnt see any real evasive maneuvers to avoid it.

After watching in slow motion, many times, I am betting there wont be charges but a law suit that is settled out of court because Tony doesnt want to spend the money in a court battle.

If this..if that Yadda Yadda

lens15116501_1289065581THE_ARMCHAIR_QB_-_Profess-vbrjwj.jpeg

No shit..only Tony knows and either way he is going to have to live with it. I don't think it was intentional, but after further review I think they are both at fault so what is the charge? There will be a civil case guaranteed.

Man, RIP. Not a good way to go at that age. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

I am a realist and this is just my judgement on the situation. I raced superbikes and you definitely know who is around you at all times, you can hear the others around you, you know the lines they will take to try to late brake you, inside lines, outside lines, etc. Hell I would late brake and sometimes still hold the gas wide open to hope the person in front of me stays on the gas for an extra moment and carries too much speed into the turn and blows the turn. Tony definitely knew the other racer was on the outside. I do not think Tony meant to pinch him into the wall but he also did not make an effort to provide the other racer with room to accelerate past him on the outside. That is racing and this will happen all day long in any motorsports whether two wheel or four wheel, whether in dirt tracking or formula one or AMA superbike. Once the vehicle was stopped on the track the yellow comes out (just like any other race). At that time everyone on the track should have taken the low line of the track to stay away from the stopped vehicle and to stay away from possible debris form the accident. The obviously slowed down to supposedly 40 mph but the car in front of Tony and Tony stayed on the race line which does not make sense to me. NOTE - the 20 year (or any age) should not have gotten out of his vehicle. BUT, unfortunately we have all seen racers do this and throw helmets at the other person's vehicle, etc. Also realize these cars at 40 mph can steer easily by steering wheel (per my friend that races them in town). The rear tires are offset so even holding the steering wheel straight the car is going to kick out - smaller tire left, larger right, going counter clockwise and Tony new exactly what the car would do if given gas. Now run that through your head. Do the math with tire size, etc and even you can say if I give gas I am going to hit this person not miss them (or scare the shit out of this person). I feel the steering change you see with the front wheels is the result of the blip of the throttle not Tony trying to miss the person. It is truly horrible and I can only imagine what is going through everyone's mind including Tony's.

This is tragic all around, we all love motorsport, but its sad when someone pays the ultimate price for it.

1 thing is certain however. 2 racing careers will have ended on that night. I wouldnt expect TS to be lining up to race anything this side of a go-kart any time soon.