Maybe it was the clown?

DetroitDetomaso

Wow that's a real shame, what happens in this situation? Limited run car, would Porsche build another one for the customer or that's it? That would be absolutely terrible if you couldn't get another.

Wow that's a real shame, what happens in this situation? Limited run car, would Porsche build another one for the customer or that's it? That would be absolutely terrible if you couldn't get another.

They are actually quite easy to get. Insurance should just pony up for a replacement.

They are actually quite easy to get. Insurance should just pony up for a replacement.

On the secondary market? You might not get the spec you prefer but I guess that's a small price to pay.

I was wondering what happens when they are all sold out.

Seems like a likely occurrence considering the gas inlet is a matter if inches away from the screaming hot exhaust system... wonder if the gas vapor could ignite if the exhaust and cats were hot enough?

porsche_918_spyder_prototype_engine.jpg

Their Porsche dealer should have warned them, And yeah you can still get a 918, production is almost done, but there are still a fair amount available. Porsche shouldn't have a problem building another one. But really, you are given a lot of warning.

That is really scary how close the fuel pipe is to the exhaust. I wonder if we're gonna see more of this fire scenario as time goes on....hope not!

What does Porsche tell one to do about the fuel ups? That seems like russian roulette anytime you are going to fuel up after a hard run...But then again, the germans rarely leave anything to chance....

What does Porsche tell one to do about the fuel ups? That seems like russian roulette anytime you are going to fuel up after a hard run...But then again, the germans rarely leave anything to chance....

First thing is to not leave the car while fueling up due to the fuel filler location. I'm willing to bet he tried to top it off and it overflowed. It takes a lot of fuel to cause that fire.

Oh another option is to go balls out on the autobahn then have some guy named Kevin fill it up for you!

Theres video from the gas station when it happened. Apparently the fuel overflowed and he tried to clean the fuel with a squeege and thats how it started

First thing is to not leave the car while fueling up due to the fuel filler location. I'm willing to bet he tried to top it off and it overflowed. It takes a lot of fuel to cause that fire.

Oh another option is to go balls out on the autobahn then have some guy named Kevin fill it up for you!

Kevin or the Kevin's? :eusa_dance: