Huracan impounded for 60 in a 30....

FikseSTS

that sucks!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-colu...eding-1.2858397

The driver of a new Lamborghini worth $275,000 will have to shell out $368 for a speeding ticket after police caught him driving over twice the speed limit.

Vancouver police tweeted out a picture Tuesday of the vehicle being loaded on to the back of a tow truck after the driver was tagged with a laser going 102 km/h in a 50 km/h zone.

lamborghini_towed_after_driver_caught_speeding.jpg

Honestly, if it's just a fine, some points and 7-day vehicle impoundment, the cops gave the driver quite a break.

That road is a busy stretch within the city: residential and a park on one side, residential and a church and a school on the other with a major shopping mall being a few blocks away. It is also a major bus route. Doing 60mph+ on a major city street is plain stupid and gives exotic car owners a bad reputation. The cops could have handed the driver an immediate license suspension. If it was in the US, driver likely gets thrown in jail.

Double the speed limit....fine doesn't sound too bad.

Thats what I was thinking.

I doubt you're going to jail in the US for 60 in a 30 unless you were being a total prick to the cops....

Honestly, if it's just a fine, some points and 7-day vehicle impoundment, the cops gave the driver quite a break.

That road is a busy stretch within the city: residential and a park on one side, residential and a church and a school on the other with a major shopping mall being a few blocks away. It is also a major bus route. Doing 60mph+ on a major city street is plain stupid and gives exotic car owners a bad reputation. The cops could have handed the driver an immediate license suspension. If it was in the US, driver likely gets thrown in jail.

I think 60 in a 30 is a little harsh to have your car impounded, exotic car or not, unless there was something else involved.

I think 60 in a 30 is a little harsh to have your car impounded, exotic car or not, unless there was something else involved.

Agreed. That is literally being on the gas for 1 second from the speed limit.

If that was in a school zone in the US, the driver certainly could have have been hauled off to jail in some states, and the fine much larger...with towing and impound charges this guy is not going to get off cheap either...

school zones are 15MPH

If that was in a school zone in the US, the driver certainly could have have been hauled off to jail in some states, and the fine much larger...with towing and impound charges this guy is not going to get off cheap either...

If this happened in Winnipeg the car would have been impounded for 30 days, and the driver would have lost his license for 1 year.

Doubling the speed limit in any zone has that harsh of a penalty.

50% over the limit is a 24hour instant loss of license.

I understand fines even jail time but confiscating property is not cool, the government shouldn't be allowed to take what's yours no mater how dumb you are or behave, I thought we've eradicated communism.

Next thing you know they will find a reason to come and take your house!

I understand fines even jail time but confiscating property is not cool, the government shouldn't be allowed to take what's yours no mater how dumb you are or behave, I thought we've eradicated communism.

Completely agree

Actually, that has been done. There is a law that states if the assets were bought by funds from illegal means, then the authorities have the rights to seize such assets. Not going to take sides on this one at all; just saying...

Actually, that has been done. There is a law that states if the assets were bought by funds from illegal means, then the authorities have the rights to seize such assets. Not going to take sides on this one at all; just saying...

If you've bought your stuff with proceeds of crime I understand, taking your car for speeding (in this case somebody else's car) is akin with me letting you use my house for the weekend you comiting a crime while on my premises and them coming and confiscating it from me.

We have similar laws here, not surprised, we as a nation are very soft, the government could come up with all sort of rubbish laws and we would just keep going about our business.

OT: did you get my last message?