My New home, and remodel....

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bedroom is 30 feet long, so I will be approx 30 feet away from my TV which will be hung on top of the fireplace... My wife thinks a 65 inch tv is big enough :eusa_think:

Custom-make a cabinet to go towards the end of your bed. Have a scissors-lift hidden inside the cabinet with a projection tv built-in. Hide a motorized-folding screen in the ceiling 2/3 of the way from your bed. At a push of a button, projection tv pops up while screen unrolls down. You can easily have a 80" to 120" projection of tv/video image while you lay comfortably in bed.

My bedroom is 30 feet long, so I will be approx 30 feet away from my TV which will be hung on top of the fireplace... My wife thinks a 65 inch tv is big enough :eusa_think:

From that far away I'd say at least 80 inch.

Here's something you might want for thinking about screen sizes in the different rooms: http://myhometheater.homestead.com/viewing...calculator.html

The calculator will give you the recommended THX screen size (based on their preferred 40 degree viewing angle) based on distance you are from the screen. You just need to know # of feet from screen and whether it will be a 4:3 or 16:9 screen and it will handle the rest.

Keep in mind that, for the bedroom, if your bed is a 4-post then you may need to go smaller and frame the TV in between the posts from your side and her side.

how did i miss this thread?.. congrats Allan! that is a beautiful home in a great location!

Which room is mine? hahaha

Go kart track would be the most kick ass thing ever.. The go pro of you driving around the track with a margarita in hand will be priceless. :icon_mrgreen:

Cool project. Wife had me watching the property brothers make over their own Vegas home recently and their back yard/guest house and pool/ bar was very cool. If you are into saltwater fish now is the time to build one in! Smart move to avoid homeowners assoc as they are a big pain in the ass to deal with. Held me up on an outdoor kitchen on a 2 acre lot where no other houses could see anything in my back yard. Still pisses me off. Are you the gc on the job? If so make sure you just pay as you go because $$ is the only leverage you have to make some of those guys care about time lines.

awesome views + acreage, nice find! tennis court has some interesting potential as an auto court or...

golf%20court%201.jpg

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS...that is horrible. Definitely do a tennis court over this. If you want a putting green we can do a the layout/design that looks and plays like a real putting green...not this eye sore.

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS...that is horrible. Definitely do a tennis court over this. If you want a putting green we can do a the layout/design that looks and plays like a real putting green...not this eye sore.

I would never do that..

Nice house Allan.

looking forward to seeing it progress.

GoKart track would be awesome to have.

what about the RC track you were going to make at your current (previous?) home?

I like these threads more than the car threads! Nice spot Allan. I love those views, they are amazing. Seems to by flying along.

Garage cleared out, and all the makeshift shelving removed. Made a big difference in the garage size..

A lot of crappers already installed in the garage. Good move.

• 2 weeks later...