Tycoon's ex rejects $975 million divorce check

Rawr

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/06/luxury/bil...heck/index.html

150106191954-billion-dollar-reject-safe-620xa.jpg

Not everyone gets to see a check for $975 million with their name on it. But after a highly contentious divorce, Sue Ann Arnall is looking for more.

She rejected the check her ex-husband Harold Hamm sent her Monday, according to his attorneys.

Hamm agreed to pay the nearly $1 billion back in November. He's somewhat of a legend in the oil business, having built Continental Resources (CLR) from the ground up and led the development of North Dakota's Bakken oil field.

But Arnall, an economist and a lawyer who held executive positions in the company, has said she is entitled to more. She filed for an appeal, claiming that the fortune was due to both her work and his.

In all seriousness yes they do. The days for it to clear are interest in your bank days. Every little helps

And every little bit is about 93K a day in this case.

This story has been pissing me off since i first read it. Sure, she thinks she is entitled to more, but why drag it out? Why be a bitter resentful old cunt and just prolong the misery. You just been handed nearly 1 billion dollars of completely liquid cash. Not to mention the real estate she got as well. She couldnt spend that money if she tried. Just another bitter old hag.

This story has been pissing me off since i first read it. Sure, she thinks she is entitled to more, but why drag it out? Why be a bitter resentful old cunt and just prolong the misery. You just been handed nearly 1 billion dollars of completely liquid cash. Not to mention the real estate she got as well. She couldnt spend that money if she tried. Just another bitter old hag.

It's mans least favorite recipe.

Bitter old hag+bitter old hag friends=bitter old hag +douchey lawyers wanting a billion dollars for themselves. The craziest thing is for 100 million he could guarantee this problem went away.

She just has no concept of reality...take your billion, walk away, start/buy/create new life. She'll have TONS of 20year old dick swinging at her for all that money. MOre then her dried out ass could ever handle. But then again, 1 billion cash buys a LOT of KY....

She just has no concept of reality...take your billion, walk away, start/buy/create new life. She'll have TONS of 20year old dick swinging at her for all that money. MOre then her dried out ass could ever handle. But then again, 1 billion cash buys a LOT of KY....

:lol2:

...If she doesn't want that check, I'll change my name to Sue Ann Arnall.

Is this not the fcuking power move of the decade? Writing a fcuking check for nearly $1B like he was paying his fcuking electric bill. :icon_super:

So do you feed that one into the ATM machine or hand it to the bank manager and demand he immediately start pleasuring you orally?

I come down on the other side. If she feels like she earned it and helped grow that company to what it is today (AND IF IT IS TRUE) then go for the jugular and get what you deserve. Just because that number is so high that we barely can even comprehend it doesn't mean she should just roll over.

Principles people.

That all being said....that's a lot of coin!!!!!

After 18,000 divorces with dozens of very high net worth cases ... trust me ... these things are never what they seem. Everything is a well reasoned business decision and there is a good reason why this is not "enough".

Not to Jihad this thread, but I was just talking with an old friend of mine about divorce/marriage/happiness/life just a minute ago for a few hours. Both of are reasonably smart kids, good education, capable, young, both aspire to do well in life. We talk about all sorts of shit - religion, gun control, cars, music - and can pretty much narrow things down to why people like certain things. For the life of us, we cannot seem to make any sense out of women or relationships. More specifically, marriage is the big clusterfuck sandwich that just doesn't seem to add up whatsoever. (He just recently got engaged).

More recently, I had a fun conversation with my gf about checking/savings accounts after marriage (not sure how the fcuk we got on this topic) and I mentioned that it seems totally reasonable to have separate savings accounts (since we both plan on working professionally) but a joint checking account where we each contribute a % of our income to for expenses. This set off the avalanche of shit storm...

For those of you with any money going into marriages, relationships - how do you handle this shit? Divorce rates seems WAY too high of a % for me to consider risking wealth accumulated over multiple generations and prenups seems like something only old billionaires with 20 year old wives can ever get them to agree to.

Also, if anyone has the key to eternal happines with women - also please include that.

Not to Jihad this thread, but I was just talking with an old friend of mine about divorce/marriage/happiness/life just a minute ago for a few hours. Both of are reasonably smart kids, good education, capable, young, both aspire to do well in life. We talk about all sorts of shit - religion, gun control, cars, music - and can pretty much narrow things down to why people like certain things. For the life of us, we cannot seem to make any sense out of women or relationships. More specifically, marriage is the big clusterfuck sandwich that just doesn't seem to add up whatsoever. (He just recently got engaged).

More recently, I had a fun conversation with my gf about checking/savings accounts after marriage (not sure how the fcuk we got on this topic) and I mentioned that it seems totally reasonable to have separate savings accounts (since we both plan on working professionally) but a joint checking account where we each contribute a % of our income to for expenses. This set off the avalanche of shit storm...

For those of you with any money going into marriages, relationships - how do you handle this shit? Divorce rates seems WAY too high of a % for me to consider risking wealth accumulated over multiple generations and prenups seems like something only old billionaires with 20 year old wives can ever get them to agree to.

Also, if anyone has the key to eternal happines with women - also please include that.

They are all fcuking crazy...live long, prosper and stay free (single). Thats what I think sometimes....but if you can manage to find a humble and grateful woman who comes from a good upbringing that values family then you might have a real chance at success and a peaceful life.

Way too much for one post. If you seriously have "wealth accumulated over multiple generations" then get a pre-nup. This is a no brainer. As for separate accounts far be it for me to tell you what to do but since you asked....if you can't share the money equally between the two of you then why/how do you expect to share a relationship with each other? Marriage is not a zero sum game or a "you bring 50% I bring 50%". You have to bring 100% every day whether your spouse is or not. Marriage is give and take and there will be seconds/minutes/hours/days/weeks/years were you give more and take less and vice versa.

That being said I had more money than my wife when we got married and I come from the "richer" family. It is what it is. We talked about our backgrounds and our goals, hopes and desires. We made sure we were as close to being on the same page about family, money, kids, work, etc before we got married and that made a huge difference. When we did get married she had a job that paid better than I did for a few years....now I have the job that pays better than her and she decided to stay home and be a full time mom. These are all REAL discussions that you have to have with your girl.

Women and happiness or women AND happiness are no more of a mystery then men and happiness or men AND happiness.

We celebrate 8 years next week...wouldn't change it for a thing!

Way too much for one post. If you seriously have "wealth accumulated over multiple generations" then get a pre-nup. This is a no brainer. As for separate accounts far be it for me to tell you what to do but since you asked....if you can't share the money equally between the two of you then why/how do you expect to share a relationship with each other? Marriage is not a zero sum game or a "you bring 50% I bring 50%". You have to bring 100% every day whether your spouse is or not. Marriage is give and take and there will be seconds/minutes/hours/days/weeks/years were you give more and take less and vice versa.

That being said I had more money than my wife when we got married and I come from the "richer" family. It is what it is. We talked about our backgrounds and our goals, hopes and desires. We made sure we were as close to being on the same page about family, money, kids, work, etc before we got married and that made a huge difference. When we did get married she had a job that paid better than I did for a few years....now I have the job that pays better than her and she decided to stay home and be a full time mom. These are all REAL discussions that you have to have with your girl.

Women and happiness or women AND happiness are no more of a mystery then men and happiness or men AND happiness.

Amen. Marriage isn't a math equation, at least from my perception it is better that it isn't. Too often have I seen couples try to divide things down the middle and it always ultimately causes tension.

Certainly be fair and level headed about things, but the ultimate goal should always be to keep things happy and look for the answers of how to make things last together.

I'm with you Hannibal, we have joint accounts and it's just OUR money. She knows if she blows it all then it's gone, the same way I do. Neither one of us is financially retarded (at the very least we're on the same level of retardation) and we know what our goals are.

If you don't trust her with your ATM card you probably shouldn't be marrying her.

Or just marry a chick with way more money than you have. :icon_mrgreen:

Salamone: I see you lurking, you MUST have something interesting to say here.

Very well said. If you can't communicate with your other half you are dead in the water. Too many people today are too lazy to put 100% into their relationship with everything else we have going on in our lives between family, friends, work, and personal time. I am guilty myself at times, but I work at it. It isn't always easy, but that is what makes it rewarding. The juice is worth the squeeze IMO.

Congrats on 8 years.

The key to eternal happiness with women is easy. Realize that there is no key. The best you can do it communicate and compromise. Before marriage talk about the hard things, how money will be handled, religion, dealing with your and her families how you will raise your kids. All this will have to be dealt with in marriage. Both of you have to realize there's no path to follow, you take it as you go and change as challenges arrive.

This is my 15th year of marriage btw. It hasn't always been easy but it's good.

Amen. Marriage isn't a math equation, at least from my perception it is better that it isn't. Too often have I seen couples try to divide things down the middle and it always ultimately causes tension.

Certainly be fair and level headed about things, but the ultimate goal should always be to keep things happy and look for the answers of how to make things last together.

Bingo!

Very well said. If you can't communicate with your other half you are dead in the water. Too many people today are too lazy to put 100% into their relationship with everything else we have going on in our lives between family, friends, work, and personal time. I am guilty myself at times, but I work at it. It isn't always easy, but that is what makes it rewarding. The juice is worth the squeeze IMO.

Congrats on 8 years.

100% We all are guilty of not putting in 100% 100% of the time. Marriage is work every single day. Hopefully it is a job you enjoy...that makes it a lot easier. Oh and thanks!

The key to eternal happiness with women is easy. Realize that there is no key. The best you can do it communicate and compromise. Before marriage talk about the hard things, how money will be handled, religion, dealing with your and her families how you will raise your kids. All this will have to be dealt with in marriage. Both of you have to realize there's no path to follow, you take it as you go and change as challenges arrive.

Congrats on 15 years!

Congrats on 8 years! It was a long-winded post but I was ready to rant. Feel for my buddy and had some confusing moments as of late (and I tend to say stupid shit - I'm still learning). Certainly not trying to make marriage a zero-sum game, but the idea and reality of divorce just scares the shit out me - heard too many horror stories. I always try to be a realist and when the crazy comes out or you bump heads, it's sometimes difficult to not ask yourself "Is this going to be the rest of my life/normal?"

Congrats on 15! We've had lots of talks about those things and we aren't even engaged - most of the time we agree.

Marriage. I can think about just one word between him/her.

Trust.

This seems to be a constant. To me, it seems that women are more worried about their man running off than vice versa. And if that fear exists, it seems difficult to make that fear go away from the back of their head.