Huracan 200mph crash footage

Davvemannen

Miracle that they survived.

Did he just hit a bad bump and lose control?

Looks it. But at 200 mph (and I know you know this) once those wheels are off the road....

GTSpirit says the driver managed to get out and dragged the passenger out aswell before it went up in flames.

Even a small bump (christ, a wind gust can) at that speed can upset the car, especially if the driver over corrects to try and catch the car. Zero margin for error. Closing speeds in that video are insane, those guys were idiots to drive that fast on such a busy road. Very lucky nobody was killed.

Scary as shit as I've done that several times when I was younger. I'd never drive like that on a public road now.

Crazy... It's such a reality check seeing these videos.

Amen, it is a wake up call for some people. Myself included, not that I do that crazy SH%$, but still.

That guy had the death grip on the wheel the whole time. When I see stuff like this I imagine my teenage daughter in the slow lane and getting rear ended by an asshole like this at 200 mph. This is just so screwed up on so many levels and obviously this was not the Autobahn. That was no gentle rise or bump he encountered that sent the car flying.

Driver was a big boy. His knees were practically at the paddles. No clue HOW he managed to get out. His friend was pretty banged up though if I remember right.

"Since his passenger suffered serious injuries, the driver is now facing reckless driving and endangerment charges but is not in custody yet"

I think they hit few bumps and then car contacts side railing on left side before heading onto field. Any other theories?

uh, let's see too fast for conditions, maybe? I think they literally became airborne enough to get the front end off the ground and metahead panicked and tried to steer a non-steering car. When the steering came back he was pointed 20 degrees off course and just sailed right off the road. Things happen very fast at 150-200 mph and he simply got pointed in the wrong direction. My opinion. They could have easily rolled this thing and the outcome my have been death.

Seeing as they are in Hungary and I would stake my life on it the guys a gangster, he won't ever be in custody. It is a reality check, Its always fun to blast up to 120-140mph but cruising over 200 on the main highway is nuts. The M7 is a decent road and they drive like most Euros where they stay out of the left lane, its still a miracle no one else was killed... especially the chick in the passenger seat. I say it all the time... these cars are getting faster and faster, roads are getting busier and busier..... drivers are not getting any better.... I remember when my Corrado VR6 was a fast car with 180hp and 0-60 in 6.8 seconds..... now the new Plastic mess-06 is under 3 seconds.....

It used to be this car:

lmhu22_53df91c851e63.jpg

- Car from car rental

- crashed month after purchase

- there were bump which car hit

- Driver and passenger both survived

- driver paid 10 % of price of the car because of insurance deductible

- police got the video and posted it online

Death grip on wheel. 10 and 2 instead of 9 and 3. WAY too fast for that road and conditions. I have been on stretches of German Autobahn where one could easily do 250 - early morning on a Sunday when no one is out. But this road/conditions were not for that. It's a shame cars are so safe now, Darwin really keeps missing his take.

Only an asshole who has no regard for others lives and is only concerned with his own thrill drives at that speed on a road like that!

My brother sent me this video earlier today. My stomach dropped when he started to lose control, can't even imagine what that was like. Glad they are ok and didn't hurt anyone else. Are we sure this isn't an autobahn style road with no speed limits to begin with? I can't see someone driving like that on a normal highway, that's just absurd.

The driver probably felt bulletproof prior loosing control.

I suspect that's no longer the case.

330km/h converts to about 205 mph.

To put this into perspective the driver is traveling the length of a (NFL) football field EVERY SECOND.

At these speeds, a small driver error is magnified ten fold.

Fortunately, both occupants survived and no innocents were hurt.

My brother sent me this video earlier today. My stomach dropped when he started to lose control, can't even imagine what that was like. Glad they are ok and didn't hurt anyone else. Are we sure this isn't an autobahn style road with no speed limits to begin with? I can't see someone driving like that on a normal highway, that's just absurd.

Even on the autobahn there are plenty of rules and restrictions. This guy had no business driving with those kinds of closing speeds to the other cars.