Powder coat 6.0 wheels black or not ?

alpha6164

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not attempt to powder coat, the material has to be stripped bare, when they do this it removes all the sealants the speed line used to fill in the hack tracks and pot holes, powder coating will then blister and PPP in all the imperfections, you will not succeed!

Didn't 6.0s come with Brembo on the calipers? If I do VI calipers should I do Brembo in black to keep original theme or put the Lamborghini insignia ?

Correct for all 6.0 cars EXCEPT the 6.0 SE cars. They had the "Lamborghini" insignia on them.

Talk to Roy ... the car already had the wheels coated when I bought it. I would be interested to learn what you find out though!

Nope yours are painted also. The shop I use [paints the calipers in a high heat paint that wears quite well. The wheels get painted as well in a high impact/heat paint and coated with the same material in clear.

IMO, I like the Black on the car (mine done here, were painted) but some like the 100% OEM stock look. I have an extra set of BRAND NEW 6.0 wheels I keep stored away just in case...

If you do go Black, I think you need to make the Brake Calipers VI with Black insignia lettering

I am with Roy! Black for sure and brake calipers in VI would be SICK!!! I have black wheels (yellow calipers) on my Murcie and it makes a world of a difference!

post-10287-1423445451_thumb.jpg

Nope yours are painted also. The shop I use [paints the calipers in a high heat paint that wears quite well. The wheels get painted as well in a high impact/heat paint and coated with the same material in clear.

Thanks for the clarification Roy :icon_thumleft:

On VI, darker wheels would likely look better. But since your other bull already have black wheels, have you considered titanium/gun metal instead? I think VI with titanium would be spectacular. And 1 more vote on doing the calipers in VI as well.

On VI, darker wheels would likely look better. But since your other bull already have black wheels, have you considered titanium/gun metal instead? I think VI with titanium would be spectacular. And 1 more vote on doing the calipers in VI as well.

:iamwithstupid:

I am with Roy! Black for sure and brake calipers in VI would be SICK!!! I have black wheels (yellow calipers) on my Murcie and it makes a world of a difference!

The car is the 4th most interesting thing in that picture! ;)

On VI, darker wheels would likely look better. But since your other bull already has black wheels, have you considered titanium/gun metal instead? I think VI with titanium would be spectacular. And 1 more vote on doing the calipers in VI as well.

Like this?

VI_Diablo.jpg

Here's black,

VI_Diablo_black.jpg

I think if you go with the gunmetal or matte black, you'll be able to see the design of the wheels more. Gloss black kinda hides everything. Those pics look fantastic with the vi calipers.

I have the bumper but don't think will put it on. I love the no bumper look.

NO BUMPER! That's what I am talking about. Looks sooooo good sans bumper.

Thanks SingleSeat for the PShop to convey my suggestion. The 3rd/last one (smokey steel/titanium, Post #45) that you did is exactly what I am saying.

The car makes all the dark wheels look good. I do think that last one strikes a good balance between a modern black and the beauty of OEM, just like the VI does for the entire car -- a rare opportunity to be non-stock, but still look stock. It'd take a concentrated effort to make that car look bad. Bring on the WING!