Aventador SV

a007apl

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a terrible car and everything is wrong with it. I recommend everybody cancel their orders and Lamborghini should only produce two of these cars. One for Bryan and one for me. We will then suffer with them for eternity.

Trying to corner the market eh? Clever girl...Shifty20Eyes.gif

I like it...

just not a fan of the Veneno dash(which i thought was really ugly..and now they put it into this car)

also not a fan of the wheels and exhaust...wheels is too busy..and exhaust looks half done..

cant wait to see it in black.

I think it looks good. The rear and rear wing supports are very Gallardo Squadra Corse.

Those wheels are very 918...not a fan. But overall, I think it's looks fantastic.

I don't see anything special about the car, it looks good, people will get used to the exhaust but the wheels are hideous, so many good choices and designs out there, I cannot believe the factory could not come up with something a bit less busy. Overall, a very nice looking car, probably not worth the premium over a 50th as the 50th is just stunning.

I don't see myself ever buying one.

While I don't dislike this car, something just isn't right about it.

It's only 50kg lighter (110.23lbs). Take out the infotainment system (radio, DVD player, GPS, screen, speakers, wiring & amps), that's at the very least 8 to 10kg there (17.63 to 22.04lbs). Looks like they did away with the self-deploying upper cooling intakes (replaced them with a pair of low-profile intake scoops) and added a fixed wing instead of the self-deploying one. So that's at least 3 motors there. Let's say the fixed wing neutralized the weight-loss from the 3 motors. The seats look a good 10kg (22.04lbs) lighter at least compared to the original power and heated versions. The carbon/Alcantara interior likely lose another 2kg (4.40lbs). And let's say at least 5kgs (11.02lbs) for the 4 wheels. So that's 27kg (59.52lbs, which is more than half the diet already). Obviously, I am being quite conservative on the weight reductions. Now there was this OEM "racing exhaust" available for the original Aventador. The factory specs claims it "reduces weight by 21kg (45lbs, 46.29lbs to be precise)". Henceforth, 27kg+21kg = 48kg (59.52lbs + 46.29lbs = 105.81lbs). That is awfully close to the claim 50kg (110.23lbs) diet. The new dynamic steering is essentially electric steering as oppose to hydraulic assist so that likely shaved the last 2kg (4.41lbs) out of the claimed 50kg (110.23lbs) diet. So did Lamborghini really put any effort into reducing the weight on this new model?

The same factory racing exhaust mentioned above also claims "up to a 10% power increase". The original Aventador horsepower in metric is 700. 10% increase would translate into 770 with the racing exhaust. Even with the other factory exhaust upgrade (via software only), the factory specs is "Power +8.5%", meaning 59.5, for a total of 759.5. So what is going on with this claim of the 750 with the new SV then? Surely they can do better. Or is Lamborghini waiting to announce a software upgrade to 800hp (charging you $3k in the process) 6 months from now.

I know all the above is number-crunching and likely just academic but the figures simply don't correlate. The new suspension sounds interesting and, hopefully, will correct one of the weakest link on the Aventador although MY2014 onward the suspension isn't really that bad. As to the Dynamic steering, don't know how far the technology has evolved/matured but as far as trying it out on the Huracan and latest Porsche's are concerned, there isn't much to write home about. This new power steering technology is still in its infancy.

Don't get me wrong, the car looks decent and as time progresses, it will be embraced by the majority. And in all honesty, it really isn't that far off from following the same path as evolving the Murcielago to the LP640-4. But I guess we had been spoiled by the LP670-4 SV and gotten used to the idea that the "SV" designation is reserved for the best and baddest of the model range so we expect a lot more from this particular SV-designated model. (The Diablo SV wasn't the last and the best of the Diablo series either but it sure was and still is great fun to drive.) What we have instead is a model that doesn't have any wow factor or excel in anything particular. Aside from the aesthetics, nothing really is new. Certainly nothing revolutionary and perhaps not even evolutionary; but rather a minor nip & tuck here & there. I guess price would really be a deciding factor.

I have also noted one interesting aspect: nearly all existing LP700-4 Aventador, LP720-4 50th Anniversary and LP670-4 SV owners and multi-Lambo owners are not particularly thrilled about this LP750-4SV.

While I don't dislike this car, something just isn't right about it.

It's only 50kg lighter (110.23lbs). Take out the infotainment system (radio, DVD player, GPS, screen, speakers, wiring & amps), that's at the very least 8 to 10kg there (17.63 to 22.04lbs). Looks like they did away with the self-deploying upper cooling intakes (replaced them with a pair of low-profile intake scoops) and added a fixed wing instead of the self-deploying one. So that's at least 3 motors there. Let's say the fixed wing neutralized the weight-loss from the 3 motors. The seats look a good 10kg (22.04lbs) lighter at least compared to the original power and heated versions. The carbon/Alcantara interior likely lose another 2kg (4.40lbs). And let's say at least 5kgs (11.02lbs) for the 4 wheels. So that's 27kg (59.52lbs, which is more than half the diet already). Obviously, I am being quite conservative on the weight reductions. Now there was this OEM "racing exhaust" available for the original Aventador. The factory specs claims it "reduces weight by 21kg (45lbs, 46.29lbs to be precise)". Henceforth, 27kg+21kg = 48kg (59.52lbs + 46.29lbs = 105.81lbs). That is awfully close to the claim 50kg (110.23lbs) diet. The new dynamic steering is essentially electric steering as oppose to hydraulic assist so that likely shaved the last 2kg (4.41lbs) out of the claimed 50kg (110.23lbs) diet. So did Lamborghini really put any effort into reducing the weight on this new model?

The same factory racing exhaust mentioned above also claims "up to a 10% power increase". The original Aventador horsepower in metric is 700. 10% increase would translate into 770 with the racing exhaust. Even with the other factory exhaust upgrade (via software only), the factory specs is "Power +8.5%", meaning 59.5, for a total of 759.5. So what is going on with this claim of the 750 with the new SV then? Surely they can do better. Or is Lamborghini waiting to announce a software upgrade to 800hp (charging you $3k in the process) 6 months from now.

I know all the above is number-crunching and likely just academic but the figures simply don't correlate. The new suspension sounds interesting and, hopefully, will correct one of the weakest link on the Aventador although MY2014 onward the suspension isn't really that bad. As to the Dynamic steering, don't know how far the technology has evolved/matured but as far as trying it out on the Huracan and latest Porsche's are concerned, there isn't much to write home about. This new power steering technology is still in its infancy.

Don't get me wrong, the car looks decent and as time progresses, it will be embraced by the majority. And in all honesty, it really isn't that far off from following the same path as evolving the Murcielago to the LP640-4. But I guess we had been spoiled by the LP670-4 SV and gotten used to the idea that the "SV" designation is reserved for the best and baddest of the model range so we expect a lot more from this particular SV-designated model. (The Diablo SV wasn't the last and the best of the Diablo series either but it sure was and still is great fun to drive.) What we have instead is a model that doesn't have any wow factor or excel in anything particular. Aside from the aesthetics, nothing really is new. Certainly nothing revolutionary and perhaps not even evolutionary; but rather a minor nip & tuck here & there. I guess price would really be a deciding factor.

I have also noted one interesting aspect: nearly all existing LP700-4 Aventador, LP720-4 50th Anniversary and LP670-4 SV owners and multi-Lambo owners are not particularly thrilled about this LP750-4SV.

I don't have the patience to read the whole post :icon_mrgreen: . What are the Cole's notes ?

I don't have the patience to read the whole post :icon_mrgreen: . What are the Cole's notes ?

You know I am always long-winded. :icon_mrgreen:

Per dad's request:

750hp is boring as previous factory exhaust upgrades for the original model & 50th can easily match/exceed 750 already. (Lambo will likely do a software exhaust upgrade for this SV 6 months from now & will rip you $3k for it.)

Revised suspension sounds interesting but who knows.

Revised power steering not necessarily a good thing.

Lambo hardly put any effort on making this car weighs less or "exciting". Looks ok but that's about it.

Majority of existing Aventador-series & LP670-4SV owners don't seem to care much about this new model.

:turboalex:

The power increase is 7.14% c/w the base model and 4.16% c/w the 50th. This is much as expected. They can't go too high and eat in to the power range of the future replacement model.

By comparison the Murcie SV was a 4.68% increase over the preceding variant.

50kg weight loss is disappointing. I sure Lamborghini would have liked more. Makes me wonder what technical reason prevented them stripping the anticipated 100kg+ from the base model.

It looks fantastic. Best looking Aventador so far IMO. The front is a huge improvement. My only criticism is the exhausts. I do not think 4 pipes side by side look good. Dual pipes or split in pairs looks better. If you are going to do the 4 side by side then a disguising bezel should be designed.

Overall a huge win.

Expected LP reaction :lol2:

Now show me a car under $1mil that looks as crazy as this, Lambo carved for itself quite a beautiful niche with the Aventador, there aren't really any other choices in that segment, the SV might not appeal to everyone but that's expected, there is a very limited market for SV/SL variants.

If I were a V12 buyer this would be the car for me, now, hurry up Lambo I need my H SL!

noticed that they are doing the alcantara steering wheel now, a smarter move from the suede leather as it is much easier to take care of. However, it kind of steers away from the tradition already...

I think the car will look great in person IMO, but I still don't like the front bumper and the downward-facing exhaust pipes in the photo for now.

noticed that they are doing the alcantara steering wheel now, a smarter move from the suede leather as it is much easier to take care of. However, it kind of steers away from the tradition already...

The suede is quite terrible, especially the one Lambo is using, your hands are black for quite some time until it becomes shinny and worn out :eusa_wall:

Having said that I really like it for the grip so I always order it but I'd get Alcantara over suede in a hearth beat nice to see that option in the SV.

The suede is quite terrible, especially the one Lambo is using, your hands are black for quite some time until it becomes shinny and worn out :eusa_wall:

Having said that I really like it for the grip so I always order it but I'd get Alcantara over suede in a hearth beat nice to see that option in the SV.

Fortis, you are 100% correct there!

to avoid suede getting worn out, always treat it first by applying water repellant product to it. I always do 3-4 coats and after that, it becomes so much easier to take care of. I bought a new wheel for the SV straight away and got it treated, not that scud got it worn, but if it wasn't treated from the beginning, it is quit impossible to bring the nap back up again.

On the other hand, alcantara is so much easier to take care of, you can wash it and shave the fur balls off with a lint remover!

I just watched the Geneva press event on line.

I started off liking this car - a lot. However the more I see it i now realise me initial reaction was wrong. This car is even better than I previously thought.

Of course I will have to see one in the real for my final verdict. But for now I dream of Yellow.

I have seen today this car in person and I can tell you it looks so perfect. Price is correct for what you get.

It is not a limited edition, so they handle it like they did with the Diablo SV.

Can't wait getting my one.

Expected LP reaction :lol2:

Now show me a car under $1mil that looks as crazy as this, Lambo carved for itself quite a beautiful niche with the Aventador, there aren't really any other choices in that segment, the SV might not appeal to everyone but that's expected, there is a very limited market for SV/SL variants.

If I were a V12 buyer this would be the car for me, now, hurry up Lambo I need my H SL!

under a mil I would take a 918 and 50th roadster vent!!

I do like the new SV, I just think they could have done a much better job. (especially after coming out with the 50th a year ago that was mind blowing)

I agree, I like the 50th look better as well... make sure and add 10% to their curb weight numbers....

different wheels and blacking out the red in the lower front and back would look badass...

the price is really $366k? I would expect a much higher price point...

:iamwithstupid: and those wheels :(

the 50th is 100x nicer IMO

I like it. Im not blown away by the wing, and i think the wheels look awful, but overall im a fan. The SV is NEVER that drastic from the current iteration. The Diablo got the intakes, front bumper, and subtle changes like thatt (maybe wing too). The Murci got the front end change, the black sides, and the wint and rear, similar to this, but with only a 30hp bump. This falls right in line in my eyes. Just needs wheels. These wheels remind me too much of that airless tire wheel system thing.

I agree, I like the 50th look better as well... make sure and add 10% to their curb weight numbers....

different wheels and blacking out the red in the lower front and back would look badass...

the price is really $366k? I would expect a much higher price point...

£315K is uk price

327k Euros plus taxes for Euro cars

Which I think makes it about $450k base but it doesn't always translate that way