Top gear is on hold

capt_chaos

You really think that you can punch someone at work at get away with it? I know where I work short of being physically attacked first if I throw a punch it is good bye work and hello being fired.

Is anyone going to hire a subordinate who just punched their last manager or co worker !

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In a normal job, this is of course not acceptable. But this isn't a regular job so I don't look at it the same. And we don't know all the details. He has a huge fan following regardless, so it's not like he would have trouble finding a new venture. BBC was running top gear plenty over the weekend.

Imho, act was wrong and it must have consequences BUT, it should have nothing to do with what his superiors think about him as a person and they should not use this opportunity to punish him from things that are differences of opinion.

Also one person had fight with another. That should not have impact on how these people can do their job aka the television show. This kind of situations should be dealed inside the company not outside.

I hope that the Trio starts their own show on some other channel or on internet. As this program must be most pirated and watched all over the world, starting to do the show on net has tremendous potential. Chris Harris has propably 1% of the Top Gear viewers, connections and experience of the Top Gear team. With deleting BBC from the big picture and starting to do their totally own thing can not fail.

I hope that the Trio starts their own show on some other channel or on internet. As this program must be most pirated and watched all over the world, starting to do the show on net has tremendous potential. Chris Harris has propably 1% of the Top Gear viewers, connections and experience of the Top Gear team. With deleting BBC from the big picture and starting to do their totally own thing can not fail.

I'm sure there are a billion contract stipulations that would prevent them from doing something like that. But you know Netflix execs are jizzing all over themselves at the thought of giving these three an exclusive series.

Anyone else hear that Jeremy has officially quit top gear and left the BBC? Trying to make sure it's true.

I've seen that on Facebook since last week. Also said the show was cancelled for good. But I havent seen it from any legitimate source.

The BBC's inquiry into Clarkson's Top Gear 'fracas' is only into its second day. Nothing has been determined as yet.

The BBC's inquiry into Clarkson's Top Gear 'fracas' is only into its second day. Nothing has been determined as yet.

a fracas inquiry can take months...

UK press seem to have got some information that the BBC will sack Clarkson tomorrow (Wednesday). Hope they are wrong.

Anyone who will be willing to take the position will ruin his (hers, really?) career.

You cant just continue from where Jesus left and expect to people tolerate or actually succeed and same is with Jezza.

I hope that they get new show all three together, without BBC-limitations it would be totally better than anything else out there.

I also hope that there is lesson (public executions) for many people in the management who have ruined way to much these presenters private life and destroyed many of their workers job.

I can't imagine the BBC paying more $ out than a private network in order to keep Hammond and May.

I hope to see the three under a new moniker and network.

Usually when shit like this happens, if it involves commerce, the almighty dollar wins, the Leno Conan debacle for example.

Top Gear apparently has 350M viewers and generated a quarter billion gross revenues last year. Those are serious numbers. I would be surprised if they couldn't patch this issue. That said if the BBC loses the trio they will emerge somewhere else with a similar format, guaranteed.

Usually when shit like this happens, if it involves commerce, the almighty dollar wins, the Leno Conan debacle for example.

Top Gear apparently has 350M viewers and generated a quarter billion gross revenues last year. Those are serious numbers. I would be surprised if they couldn't patch this issue. That said if the BBC loses the trio they will emerge somewhere else with a similar format, guaranteed.

This all hinges on how good their contracts were written, I'm sure they have non-competes in there, but who knows how that changes when they shit can 1/3 of the show.

I still think the execs at netflix are drooling at the thought of picking up these three.

Jep, he got fired! BBC confirmed!