Top gear is on hold

capt_chaos

I can't stop laughing at this journalist's proposal for a Top Gear without Clarkson. A PC eco-feminist version of it. :icon_mrgreen:

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tv...minist-top-gear

I'm sure it will be just as stunningly successful!

I wish I could laugh. She's the person who gives out fruit on Halloween because candy is bad. Zoe Williams is the kind of person that kills off fun like a cancer and turns life into a chore.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the rumours are that contractual obligations are involved from when clarkson sold the rights to the bbc for the entertainment format hence the show cannot be on aired

Not sure how true and there are deeper shenagians but somewhere Clarkson's lawyer is mentally spending their annual bonus

My girlfriend and her bff have a t-shirt company that makes low production shirts. With all the ruckus that Clarkson made this week they decided to make a shirt for the show they love.

BBC-01%201_zpslswctuvy.jpg

I told her is should have been printed on James May's purple polo shirt. :lol2:

My girlfriend and her bff have a t-shirt company that makes low production shirts. With all the ruckus that Clarkson made this week they decided to make a shirt for the show they love.

BBC-01%201_zpslswctuvy.jpg

I told her is should have been printed on James May's purple polo shirt. :lol2:

Do you have a website link for that shirt? I'd love to buy one. Thanks.

I always feel this crap is all done on purpose for more buzz/ratings. If i was a producer/JC I'd pull similar shit all day! Kardashians have perfected it IMHO. It just gets harder when you need to really pull some crazy shit off to keep it going

just because your dinner isn't waiting for you?

Same thing happened to me once.

My wife has dinner ready on time ever since....

It has been reported that Clarkson was the one who escalated the complaint to the BBC.

The other party has already lawyered up and is ready and waiting.

Many newspapers and blogs reporting nonsense stories on the matter but it says the BBC will have to stump many millions of pounds worth of fees to the rights holders that broadcast the show around the world.

The petition to reinstate is over 800k signatures which is daft has that says there are over 800k that are happy to be twatted one in the workplace.

It is so remarkable that I have started to think of professions where it is entirely acceptable to be punched in the workplace.

The list so is

Boxer.

That is it.

Well in all honesty we don't know the details yet. He allegedly smacked the producer, some press articles are saying it was not the case. It's all speculation at this point.

The petition is to bring back Clarkson and the show, not to decide if he is guilty or not. Considering he is the one that alerted the bbc's management of the altercation, I'm sure he had his reasons and I'm also sure that if politics weren't involved this could have been resolved quietly. He must bother a lot of people at the disgustingly left wing BBC in spite of the fact that it should be balanced, considering it's a state owned broadcaster.

Anyways I hope this mess gets settled soon, I want my last 3 TG episodes :D

I can't believe how many of you are like "who cares that he punched the guy" or "if he punched him I am sure he had his reasons". What the heck is wrong with you guys?

I can't believe how many of you are like "who cares that he punched the guy" or "if he punched him I am sure he had his reasons". What the heck is wrong with you guys?

I can't believe how many people have jumped on a bandwagon without knowing what the heck happened. That is the bigger problem. This world is a "guilty until innocent" society now a days. We love to have some fcuking rallying cry to gather behind and be the first to jump on Twitter or Facebook and start a movement. All the Kony-esque tragedies that never occurred, but served to fuel the fervor of a news outlet and the loins of a few bored teenagers and leftwing cry babies.

If he punched the guy, he gets what he deserved. If he didn't, all this has ruined a lot of stuff for a lot of people for absolutely nothing. Let the courts decide what happened, along with the actual people involved.

I can't believe how many people have jumped on a bandwagon without knowing what the heck happened. That is the bigger problem. This world is a "guilty until innocent" society now a days. We love to have some fcuking rallying cry to gather behind and be the first to jump on Twitter or Facebook and start a movement. All the Kony-esque tragedies that never occurred, but served to fuel the fervor of a news outlet and the loins of a few bored teenagers and leftwing cry babies.

If he punched the guy, he gets what he deserved. If he didn't, all this has ruined a lot of stuff for a lot of people for absolutely nothing. Let the courts decide what happened, along with the actual people involved.

True. I should have prefaced what I said with "if the investigation confirms the allegations". I sure hope they don't and he is innocent.

There's always 2 sides of a story...

Jeremy Clarkson has alot of haters for the bad things he do..and those people wouldn't hold back when it comes to saying bad things about him or to the point of making things up..

pushing and punching happens ALOT in a work place where most of them are guys...its not uncommon..yes punching someone higher up than you is a straight sack. but at the same time the producer has been working with the team for more than 10years im sure they arent just "ranked" but more like friends..these things happens especially when the host had some drinks before it. May was blind drunk so i wouldn't be surprised if Jeremy himself was half drunk state..

I guess im the type who thinks if one punch is thrown, who fcuking cares. Stop being a whiny little bitch and man the fcuk up. tempers flare.

Unfortunately these days many people could use a punch in the face...... too many people are douche bags and hide behind the law to protect them. In this case tho.. the producer hasn't made a complaint, Clarkson came forward and told management about the altercation.. and its on record that the director of programming doesn't like Clarkson... One day the truth will come out... I don't think the producer has made a statement yet

Sigh.
completely :offtopic: :

Cappy - when did your icon change from red attire to blue? I could swear capt_chaos used to wear a red "mask" and jacket?

That is all. Carry on....

completely :offtopic: :

Cappy - when did your icon change from red attire to blue? I could swear capt_chaos used to wear a red "mask" and jacket?

That is all. Carry on....

That is probably the first time in three years I have managed to get changed and Cake was not watching.*

*Normally peering in through the window with her night vision goggles on and steadyhand camera on a tripod.

That is probably the first time in three years I have managed to get changed and Cake was not watching.*

*Normally peering in through the window with her night vision goggles on and steadyhand camera on a tripod.

Gotta say - that blue REALLY pops in the night vision goggles! WOW! :icon_thumleft:

Gotta say - that blue REALLY pops in the night vision goggles! WOW! :icon_thumleft:

See Captain, I told you that you actually would look better! Q.E.D.

I guess im the type who thinks if one punch is thrown, who fcuking cares. Stop being a whiny little bitch and man the fcuk up. tempers flare.

:iamwithstupid:

You really think that you can punch someone at work at get away with it? I know where I work short of being physically attacked first if I throw a punch it is good bye work and hello being fired.