Top gear is on hold

capt_chaos

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Both Wilman and Clarkson sold their shares in the Top Gear brand to BBC Worldwide. Believe if Clarkson still owned some of the show, he wouldn't have been fired.

Id bet that Clarkson is fielding offers for a new show and will poach May and the midget! They don't need the BBC, its the other way around. So far only May has stated public support for Clarkson, i.e. wont due Top Gear without him. Either way, can see a new show for all three.

Its good we'll see the unaired footage. Be kind of boring without the studio scenes to set it up.

Side note: it was cool one of the last episodes to air was filmed here in BC. Some of the highway scenes, near my house. It was neat seeing highway I've been on many times.

I tried to like American Top Gear, but 3 or 4 episodes in, just couldn't watch it further. Its more then putting 3 guys in cars weekly going for a drive and doing challenges.

I tried to like American Top Gear, but 3 or 4 episodes in, just couldn't watch it further. Its more then putting 3 guys in cars weekly going for a drive and doing challenges.

Tanner Faust is all right because he's a good car handler. I just could never figure out what anyone saw in the other 2 they need to axe them.

Most people say Foust is the tool. I think he is the only one that is really into cars. Besides being able to drive. The other two have no clue about cars. Although the fat one is trying to get some car cred by being a commentator at Barrett Jackson. He's part of the Velocity team.

• 3 weeks later...

Good for the team. Though I don't condone what Clarkson had done to set off this whole thing, I do think that the BBC could have settled it differently (perhaps had Clarkson pay a hefty penalty to the network and the guy he punched) and kept the show intact.

But regardless, the past is the past, and I say good on Netflix on trying to capitalize on the opportunity. Can't say we didn't see this coming.

I hope Netflix gets more shows in that nature, I'm currently trying to get rid of the traditional paid subscription TV (ie. cable,sat tv).

Just do it, it's not that difficult. We inadvertently did that when we bought the new house almost 2yrs ago, and just never followed through with the cable/sat setup. Got a solid internet package for $35/mo and have never looked back.

Just do it, it's not that difficult. We inadvertently did that when we bought the new house almost 2yrs ago, and just never followed through with the cable/sat setup. Got a solid internet package for $35/mo and have never looked back.

:iamwithstupid:

I have internet and pay for netflix, hulu and amazon prime. I also have an OTA for NFL games.

If I can't find something to watch then I just dont watch tv. It really cuts down on mindless vegging and forces me to be selective in what I want to watch. I love it and don't miss cable at all. My kids dont even know cable exists...they think Netflix is TV.

:iamwithstupid:

I have internet and pay for netflix, hulu and amazon prime. I also have an OTA for NFL games.

If I can't find something to watch then I just dont watch tv. It really cuts down on mindless vegging and forces me to be selective in what I want to watch. I love it and don't miss cable at all. My kids dont even know cable exists...they think Netflix is TV.

Wait till they find popcorntime.

• 4 weeks later...

BBC2 just had a new trailer for Top Gear coming soon with May, Hammond & Clarkson. This is new footage, so presumably these are the unseen episodes from Series 22 which have now been finished.

BBC2 just had a new trailer for Top Gear coming soon with May, Hammond & Clarkson. This is new footage, so presumably these are the unseen episodes from Series 22 which have now been finished.

yup they are going to run it as 1 (presumably longer) special. Its them classic car rallying and them in 250 pound suvs.

THere will be no star in a reasonably priced car, news or any studio stuff. Should just be the films with maybe an intro by may and hammond.

THere will be no star in a reasonably priced car, news or any studio stuff. Should just be the films with maybe an intro by may and hammond.

Really? I'm sure I heard that Gary Lineker's SIARPC was filmed and ready to go.

Really? I'm sure I heard that Gary Lineker's SIARPC was filmed and ready to go.

It's usually filmed on the day of broadcast so I doubt it.

Three years deal and all new presenters.

First season will crash and burn... subsequent seasons may work if they all mesh well together.

First season will crash and burn... subsequent seasons may work if they all mesh well together.

I don't know.

There is a reason that the BBC went to him. Massive car nut.

Then the fact is he has been in the game a long time, he knows what works and what does not, practically everything he has done has been gold.

He has done very well in life and has enough money, he did not need to do this.

Another thing, last Friday was an anniversary show of his chat show tfi Friday.

That show was mad, it attracted so many complaints, from swearing, to mad cap lunacy to making kids cry on TV. It was amazing and far more chaotic and fun than anything Clarkson and co could cook up.