The long road to ownership...Member #1,785

FormulaGT

Last Tuesday it happened, I finally became a Lamborghini owner.

I joined LP during the early years, mostly drooling over the cars everyone else was getting LOL.

I've always been a car guy and what car guy doesn't have aspirations to own a supercar someday?

Back in 2009, I found a 2006 Balloon White Gallardo e-gear at Lamborghini Beverly hills - I was stuck in a MBZ lease at the time that I couldn't get out of...so I passed.

After unloading my MBZ, I set out to find a more affordable 04/05 Gallardo and wanted to update the wheels etc, I found a nice well known guy that was selling a set for a fair price - enter Ryan Shankar. Well, we all know how that went and to be quite honest, it deterred me a bit from my passion in obtaining a lambo.

2011 comes around and I found a great deal on an 09' Audi R8 4.2, something I figured I could drive everyday and it's as close to a Gallardo as I was going to get...so I jumped on it. I kept that car until Tuesday, when I traded it in for pretty much the Gallardo I had been wanting since 2009.

2006 Gallardo

Bianco Cygnus

Nero Perseus/Rosso Centaurus

6-Speed Manual - WHOA.

Callisto Wheels - YAY LOL.

Sport Setup

Lift System

It's been a long time coming, collecting everything Gallardo related from diecasts to visiting the factory last spring. I even bought a keychain thinking...one day I'll put my Lambo key on it - and it happened.

Glad to be here, I've got some stuff I want to take care of on the car before I post a bunch of pics, but here's a few I took over the weekend.

g_1.jpg

g_4.jpg

g_3.jpg

g_interior.jpg

fantastic color combo!

looks great and enjoy it in good health.

Congrats and enjoy in the best of health!

Your car is stunning and the upgrades are perfect!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and comments - I've been pretty busy so haven't really had the chance to get out with the car, but Father's day is Sunday so I get some me time LOL! I was going to ask for an Underground Racing TT conversion but figured I wouldn't push my luck LOL.

One thing that I'm uncomfortable with (and is surprisingly exponentially different than the R8) is the amount of attention the car gets. I'm actually considering tinting the car which I never do, just for some privacy. I know, if I didn't want attention - why buy a Lambo LOL, but I'm sincerely shocked how much more gawking ocurrs with a 9 year old vehicle.

Congrats! I've got my keychain ready too, I'm glad I am not the only one who has had that plan, and it's awesome to see it become reality for you! The white/red is a great combo, enjoy it!

Congrats, wicked color combo. Hannibal will drool over the colors for sure.

Drooled all over it in the Lambo Title thread!