FFS

Rawr

Last night.

Boeing 767, packed.

Transatlantic flight.

Stewardess comes on the radio. "Attention please, we have a passenger here who is allergic to nuts, so please do not open any items that might contain nuts."

Some college aged chick says, "Sorry guys, nuts will kill me."

I had almonds and I ate them. I figured if she dies I'd get the worlds greatest headline.

Seriously? You can't open anything containing an allergen on an airplane because it could kill someone? Is it because of the closed air system and air being re-circulated? I don't understand how a package of nuts could kill someone unless they come into contact with it.

And don't they carry epi-pens on airplanes?

Personally - if I was in college and nuts could kill me I'm not sure I'd want to go on :D

(jk/ I know allergies are serious business but it seems like overkill - no pun intended)

Rawr - what's your headline?

Rawr's nuts kill college girl 12 rows away on 767! Those must be some nuts!!

I was on a plane a while ago and they announced they wouldn't be serving peanuts on the plane because one person was allergic. I think it's SOP.

Last night.

Boeing 767, packed.

Transatlantic flight.

Stewardess comes on the radio. "Attention please, we have a passenger here who is allergic to nuts, so please do not open any items that might contain nuts."

I had almonds and I ate them. I figured if she dies I'd get the worlds greatest headline.

I was recently on a flight like this too. There is no proof that eating nuts would cause anyone else on the plane to have an allergic reaction. These people are paranoid.

I was recently on a flight like this too. There is no proof that eating nuts would cause anyone else on the plane to have an allergic reaction. These people are paranoid.

You ever see a child have a severe anaphylactic reaction to peanuts? It is fcuking terrifying. It can be triggered simply by breathing on them.

You ever see a child have a severe anaphylactic reaction to peanuts? It is fcuking terrifying. It can be triggered simply by breathing on them.

:iamwithstupid:

That being said I am not sure I would be flying in a sealed tin can for 12+ hours if I had that condition.

I might have mouthed off "I'm sorry..I'm going to have to kill you." then this lady looked my way and I was wondering if she's misinterpreting it...so I added "with nuts."

I'm not sure what I would do if they told me I couldn't eat a bag of peanuts while some asshole lets his/her chihuahua "therapy dog" shit in the isle.

:eusa_shhh:

What is less convenient? Not opening peanuts or an emergency landing at some airport you did not want to go to because someone is going into shock and can't be stabilized? Now the turning off our cellphones thing on the other hand...

Should have said "Fine, I'll nut on your chest but not in your mouth, you know, because allergeez."

Reminds me when my mother got yelled at for peeling a orange for my diabetic father that needed it at the time.

Yes, and I agree it's terrifying, and same for adults.

I'm aware that some people are that allergic, but I think there is an overemphasis on this from airlines because there are so few people I've seen out there that have an allergy that severe. The few doctor's I've asked about this have all told me that they don't believe that most people with an allergy would simply go into anaphylaxis from being on the airplane where people are eating nuts. That's just what I was taught in school and what I've been told.

If the allergy is that severe wouldn't there be an effect from the previous flight? Armrest, seat etc? If you're that allergic DON'T fcuking FLY!

My nephew has peanut allergies and my brother never flies anywhere with him. THEY DRIVE

Basic common courtesy just to be on the safe side IMO is to just not open the nuts. You never know.

If the allergy is that severe wouldn't there be an effect from the previous flight? Armrest, seat etc? If you're that allergic DON'T fcuking FLY!

My nephew has peanut allergies and my brother never flies anywhere with him. THEY DRIVE

What if they have to go overseas?

Last night.

Boeing 767, packed.

Transatlantic flight.

So (once gain :rant:) I can't tell if this is a joke or not. Did you really open up a bag of nuts and eat them when someone said nuts could kill them and they said on the intercom not to?

Basic common courtesy just to be on the safe side IMO is to just not open the nuts. You never know.

What if they have to go overseas?

HAVE to or WANT to?

HAVE to, better bring an epi pen. WANT to, tough shit

What if next time I fly I tell the flight crew that I'm allergic to mouth breathing douche bags, or crying babies

, will they accommodate me?

So (once gain :rant:) I can't tell if this is a joke or not. Did you really open up a bag of nuts and eat them when someone said nuts could kill them and they said on the intercom not to?

Yep... because they're almonds, not peanuts.

Yep... because they're almonds, not peanuts.

Your post said they asked not to eat nuts though, not just peanuts...?

I'm joking dude. I just ate them carefully, put a few in my palm and then in my mouth. If she managed to die from that, well, sucks for her.

@cake, FFS is short for "for f%@s sake."