The Aventador SV Roadster

a007apl

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.. there will be a wing. On this car, a buddy who saw it in person said you could see the holes for the wing... not sure why its off but definitely a wing.

DoctaM3, are you planning on adding either the couple or roadster to your collection?

I honestly hope they don't use the wheels from the SV coupe. Something about them I just can't stand.

This recent talk about no wing following release of the spy shot photos got me worried. So I called my dealer.

To the best of his knowledge the car will have a wing.

Phew. I sure hope so.

Not going to lie, pretty disappointed that there is going to be an SV vert. Makes the SV badge seem like it's going the way of the M badge. . . a marketing gimmick.

Not going to lie, pretty disappointed that there is going to be an SV vert. Makes the SV badge seem like it's going the way of the M badge. . . a marketing gimmick.

Agree. I feel the same way about the 675 LT spider and 458 Aperta. What's next, a GT3 RS cabrio?

:iamwithstupid:

Was never a fan of a roadster SV. Looks like something is missing ;)

And yes, this will be one amazing car...in my book it my turn out to be my favourite one in the stable!

It's going to be hard for me to love any car as much as the CGT.

That being said - after sitting in the SV last week the fit and finish was taken to the next level.

Only things I don't understand is the vinyl SV sticker / below the door vinyl / non cf mirrors - went with the painted SV.

In each case it's a lighter, more powerful version of the standard car. That's not marketing, it's a material change to the vehicle's performance. A convertible makes sense in that context.

If you want an actual race car - buy a race car? They're worlds different from the SV / Scuderia / LT / ... variants of the street cars.

In each case it's a lighter, more powerful version of the standard car. That's not marketing, it's a material change to the vehicle's performance. A convertible makes sense in that context.

If you want an actual race car - buy a race car? They're worlds different from the SV / Scuderia / LT / ... variants of the street cars.

The SV roadster seems more like a C7Z07 vert than a Boxster Spyder. While both are performance variations of standard cars, the C7Z07 transitioned its character to meet some of the needs of all (auto, vert/targa from manual & fixed roof), while the Spyder comes off as a car that doesn't meet any needs and that makes it unique. Not many people are going to be out tracking an SV, a few will, but something about a roadster SV doesn't carry with the aura of the SV badge that has been bestowed upon us for the past few decades (no doubt that the Aventador SV roadster is faster the the previous SV's).

I would have rather seen Lamborghini go bat shit crazy for a factory "race car" with the SV like the new Viper ACR than meet the needs of everyone.

As far as an actual race car vs. a "race car", I totally agree with you.

The SV roadster seems more like a C7Z07 vert than a Boxster Spyder. While both are performance variations of standard cars, the C7Z07 transitioned its character to meet some of the needs of all (auto, vert/targa from manual & fixed roof), while the Spyder comes off as a car that doesn't meet any needs and that makes it unique. Not many people are going to be out tracking an SV, a few will, but something about a roadster SV doesn't carry with the aura of the SV badge that has been bestowed upon us for the past few decades (no doubt that the Aventador SV roadster is faster the the previous SV's).

I would have rather seen Lamborghini go bat shit crazy for a factory "race car" with the SV like the new Viper ACR than meet the needs of everyone.

As far as an actual race car vs. a "race car", I totally agree with you.

Factory race cars are everywhere - 600k SV Roadsters x 500 is 300M there was no way Lambo was going to punt that opportunity.

The SV roadster cf tub and brace technology puts this car faster than anyone I will be tracking with.

The Mustang 350 just turned in faster times than the Porsche GT3.

Corvette Viper - these are extremely fast cars but are worlds apart from the SV.

This car is the real deal - Heritage 750 NA HP most likely be the last NA SV.

I have driven and owned a lot of cars - there is no doubt in my mind it's 100% bat shit crazy.

Have you ever driven a car at 217 mph or 750 hp in your rear pushing 2.7 0 - 60 times.

The beauty of a roadster is the sounds and seat of the pants feel a driver can't get from a coupe.

Anyway - I think you are wrong many will be tracking their SV.

Factory race cars are everywhere - 600k SV Roadsters x 500 is 300M there was no way Lambo was going to punt that opportunity.

The SV roadster cf tub and brace technology puts this car faster than anyone I will be tracking with.

The Mustang 350 just turned in faster times than the Porsche GT3.

Corvette Viper - these are extremely fast cars but are worlds apart from the SV.

This car is the real deal - Heritage 750 NA HP most likely be the last NA SV.

I have driven and owned a lot of cars - there is no doubt in my mind it's 100% bat shit crazy.

Have you ever driven a car at 217 mph or 750 hp in your rear pushing 2.7 0 - 60 times.

The beauty of a roadster is the sounds and seat of the pants feel a driver can't get from a coupe.

Anyway - I think you are wrong many will be tracking their SV.

Your very first point is what I am getting at as to why the SV roadster is a dumb idea. It's a marketing ploy.

All the cars you listed are great, I'm not denying that in any sort of fashion (except for Z07 overheating).

Never been beyond 196mph and my Supercharged Viper put more to the wheels than the new SV makes at the crank. Have you reached 217mph?

Most people don't track their Lamborghini's, including current SV, STS, SL owners, so the likelihood of that changing is slim, especially with a $600k price tag. For that price-point, most people going to the track are going to pick up something for track duty. Sure, some people might take the SV on the track, but for a street car frequently taken to the track, don't get your hopes up on people using SVs, especially a roadster.

I have to agree with Whiteout here, anyone taking an SV to the track will be purely for the short term novelty, not any kind of regular occurrence. I'm sure Treynor will do a couple laps around Mazda in his, but it isn't going to replace his challenge car or 599 EVO.

For me, an SV should be a coupe and I LOVE roadsters. This is the same reason you don't see a lot of lambos on a racetrack anywhere, It's an awesome car but I would venture to say I would have more fun on a racetrack in a properly setup car for 1/10 the price, and I won't care when it gets rock chipped to shit or ends up in the gravel.

This is all going off the assumption that someone taking their car to the track intends to push it to the limits of their abilities. Loafing around at 70% just to say they track their lambo when they would get more out of driving a spec miata is a bit lame.

Which is why the 50th Roadster > the SV Roadster IMO.

I love my CGT...and I plan to keep the car for a long time. I may look down on my boys one day watching them trying to figure out who will take the CGT as dad's favorite car;-)

The SV...may end-up being right next to my CGT, I'm sure I can love both equally...like equal love for your kids.

My spec include the large SV logo painted on - I do not like the sticker/decal.

It's going to be hard for me to love any car as much as the CGT.

That being said - after sitting in the SV last week the fit and finish was taken to the next level.

Only things I don't understand is the vinyl SV sticker / below the door vinyl / non cf mirrors - went with the painted SV.

Your very first point is what I am getting at as to why the SV roadster is a dumb idea. It's a marketing ploy.

All the cars you listed are great, I'm not denying that in any sort of fashion (except for Z07 overheating).

Never been beyond 196mph and my Supercharged Viper put more to the wheels than the new SV makes at the crank. Have you reached 217mph?

Most people don't track their Lamborghini's, including current SV, STS, SL owners, so the likelihood of that changing is slim, especially with a $600k price tag. For that price-point, most people going to the track are going to pick up something for track duty. Sure, some people might take the SV on the track, but for a street car frequently taken to the track, don't get your hopes up on people using SVs, especially a roadster.

Reached 200 - shortly after bought a 360 Challenge Car to save my mellon and plan on reaching 217 in the SV.

If someone wants to go racing which is a whole different world - whether it be a roadster or coupe doesn't matter if the car is set up to race.

Took the 16M CGT and will take the SV out to the track - that being said have no interest in going hard.

Saw enough of that with the Challenge Car and I do not have any desire to leave the earth holding a steering wheel. Feel free to google CCR and see the Ferrari take flight at Road America.

Anyone going past 7/10 th's in a street car is insane. The car the driver has no business at the track.

I had the race team and maybe that desire will return - taking a car without a crew especially an exotic over 500 hp to a track pushing the car will end up in trouble ... it's not if it's when.

My point is the SV is so much faster than any other track car at 7/10th's whether it's a roadster or coupe doesn't matter. Not if it had 4 point harness available and I could toss on a HANS game on to 8/10th's maybe 9/10th's which still wouldn't matter roadster vs coupe.

I love my CGT...and I plan to keep the car for a long time. I may look down on my boys one day watching them trying to figure out who will take the CGT as dad's favorite car;-)

The SV...may end-up being right next to my CGT, I'm sure I can love both equally...like equal love for your kids.

My spec include the large SV logo painted on - I do not like the sticker/decal.

That's great!

One son - 23 it's the only car he can't drive but completely agree the CGT is not to be sold. The 16M goes to the daughter which means my son will have to do some bartering. :)

Changed my spec numerous times - so I won't ask but the coolest part of the car is that SV logo. If anyone knows of an SV man cave sign please share.