The Aventador SV Roadster

a007apl

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this might be a dumb question, but does the original rear wing on the Aventador Superveloce ... I mean the one that sits flush with the bodywork ... still opens at speed?

If you look closely you can see the tall, carbon fiber rear wing looks to be 'cut out' from that original lower wing? In front of the struts of the carbon wing you can see the original wing has narrow sections cut ... so it might still be possible to open with the carbon wing staying fixed ?

avy_sv_vut_outs.jpg

Ok, this might be a dumb question, but does the original rear wing on the Aventador Superveloce ... I mean the one that sits flush with the bodywork ... still opens at speed?

If you look closely you can see the tall, carbon fiber rear wing looks to be 'cut out' from that original lower wing? In front of the struts of the carbon wing you can see the original wing has narrow sections cut ... so it might still be possible to open with the carbon wing staying fixed ?

avy_sv_vut_outs.jpg

It's fixed.

The original wing cut out has to be there because the engine bonnet has to have a shape and allow it to open.

The downforce can be adjusted manually on the wing in three position options.

Now is it Blu Le Mans or Blu Nova like some other state?

Blu Le Mans is alittle bit more brighter than this I think..

Love this color and I still prefer the coupe like I always have with all other exotics but this really looks WOW!

Not feeling the Aventador in general. This is the same case, the short quarter panel and longer nose than that of a Murci almost makes the car look comical from the side. Never mind, the basic high wing. The wing just looks like no thought when into it. And for a car that cost almost a half million that's unacceptable. Love the color tho!

That is such a sexy car. Awesome color.

I drove the SV last weekend at Pebble. My goodness, that car is The Business. It's a large step function more performance car than the regular Aventador. Handling is neutral, it's willing to rotate a bit on corner entry, no push mid-corner, and it will execute a beautiful 4-wheel drift on exit if you get into the power. It feels hundreds of pounds lighter (even though it isn't) and much more playful. The new suspension is actually plush on the "Strada" setting and goes very very stiff on "Corsa". The revised active steering is excellent; I never noticed it intervening, but the car went where I wanted it to. The handling setup is just the way I'd want it. It's not even much louder inside the car with everything buttoned up.

I was really shocked at how much more I liked the SV than the Aventador. And I already like the Aventador.

Damn.

I drove the SV last weekend at Pebble. My goodness, that car is The Business. It's a large step function more performance car than the regular Aventador. Handling is neutral, it's willing to rotate a bit on corner entry, no push mid-corner, and it will execute a beautiful 4-wheel drift on exit if you get into the power. It feels hundreds of pounds lighter (even though it isn't) and much more playful. The new suspension is actually plush on the "Strada" setting and goes very very stiff on "Corsa". The revised active steering is excellent; I never noticed it intervening, but the car went where I wanted it to. The handling setup is just the way I'd want it. It's not even much louder inside the car with everything buttoned up.

I was really shocked at how much more I liked the SV than the Aventador. And I already like the Aventador.

Damn.

coming from you that means a lot! so you think this car would be a blast at a local track day?

when is your ETA?!

Damn.

Should have made it to Monterey - appreciate the review it's stacking up to be everything I was hoping for.

Heard rumblings of a sport exhaust any info would be appreciated.

coming from you that means a lot! so you think this car would be a blast at a local track day?

when is your ETA?!

I think it would do well at the track until the tires melted. With suitable track rubber I think it'd be mighty fast.

I'm 3rd in line at Los Gatos, so it may be a little while yet. Shed zero tears on my account however - there's plenty of entertaining hardware inbound.

I think it would do well at the track until the tires melted. With suitable track rubber I think it'd be mighty fast.

I'm 3rd in line at Los Gatos, so it may be a little while yet. Shed zero tears on my account however - there's plenty of entertaining hardware inbound.

I'm guessing Huyara? Spyder even?