Anyone know this Asshole?

Odyssey

Walter Palmer, who has a felony record in the U.S. related to shooting a black bear in Wisconsin, released a statement Tuesday after Zimbabwean authorities identified him as the American involved in the July hunt. They said Palmer is being sought on poaching charges, but Palmer said he hasn't heard from U.S. or Zimbabwean authorities.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's best not to go to the comments, here are the rare highlights:

Brought my lion here for dentistry and was horrified by the result.

o.jpg

He's gonna be working in Zagreb by the time this is all said and done.

Let me start of by saying i'm against game hunting, and think its fcked up what this dentist did.

But, Zimbabwe is one of the poorest nations, with some of highest unemployment and child mortality rates, not to mention a president that prob won through election fraud, and people think signing a petition for the president to bring justice for a lion is a priority.

I don't know but I would think the revenue from people that go on normal watching safaris far exceeds revenue from jack ass big game hunters so I don't agree that these animals would be killed off. I would also think many are in the middle of no where and don't bother anyone but a farmer killing an animal that is fcuking with his flock is much easier to accept than some dumb ass trying to mount a head on his wall.

Let me just take a wild ass guess and say, "you haven't spent a whole lot of time in Africa?"

Here's the deal... There are no "middle of nowhereres" left on the planet.... People live (and have always lived) in the majority of the areas where these animals are native.... Which is why the animals don't live in those places any more... For the most part, they live on game preserves, where they are kept safe... So somebody can pay to shoot them... The governments get $, the locals get meat, the hunter gets a trophy, and the remaining animals get healthier.... It's the ultimate win, win, win... But knee jerk outrage is just simpler... For simple minds..,

It's the ultimate win win....

If this was a collared animal, the guide fucked up....he finds the animal, he points it out, he tells the hunter to take the shot... He's fcuking blind.

I don't have anything against deer hunting and such. I just think it's pretty chickenshit and there's zero sport in it. People posing with their bucks and such. I don't get it. The thing did not even know you were there and you lured it out into the open with food that you have been baiting it with all year.

Hog hunting with your bare hands. That would be sport. They can fcuk you up, and will.

Most of the people I know who hunt, don't do it for sport... They do it to provide food for their family's... And it's a fcuk of a lot harder to get a deer than what you describe... And usually, baiting is totally illegal...

I don't hunt, because I think deer tastes like ass... But I invite everybody I know who does hunt up to my property every fall to kill as many as they can fcuking get.... Otherwise my countach would have antlers through the windshield...

I probably have two dozen deer on my land at any given time.... There is somebody hunting them every day during the two months of the season... They maybe get two or three a year?

baits are almost always hung to hunt lion, it's almost impossible to hunt them any another way.

having said that, i've had baits hang for a month in 10 locations spread out over several hunderd thousand acres and never had a chance at seeing a lion, you can hear them in the mornings for miles, but they hit the baits at night(illegal to shoot them at night) and by sun up they are sleeping.

interesting- they are almost impossible to spot during the day in the tall grass in the winter, they blend right in, 2 times we walked up on lions, that's a scary moment.

What they most likely did was hang a bait, near the park and the lion showed up, theres buffer zones between the hunting units and park lands that are not permittable to hang baits or hunt in. i'd bet that's where the PH hung the bait, near the park. the fucked up thing is he did it for a tip, he should lose his licence and hang him by his little sack for the next lion to eat as it passes by. Like I said the dentist wasn't smart enough to know otherwise. I've met a ton of "hunters" and they dont know much about hunting. kinda like me driving, i own nice cars, dont make me a good driver. I chose to learn about hunting-not driving.FWIW

You may be right, the dentist may not have known what they were doing wasn't on the up and up. However, according to multiple sources, the guy is an experienced and avid hunter, much like you (although possibly not as experienced). Thus one would be lead to believe the Dentist would have some experience and understanding of hunting practices. Especially considering he had hunted in Africa before and taken a rhino and a jaguar amongst other animals. So unless the guy was stupid or willingly blind, I find it unreasonable to believe he didn't know on some level that his hunt wasn't legit.

Then again, I am known to be wrong on a lot of points.

A population of these big cats is on verge of extinct everywhere. They are nowhere near the number that they would posses humans any danger.

The backlashing from everywhere!

Just switched to MSNBC channel. They are saying "White American killed 13 yo African". And he was innocent! (the African I meant) No mention about the lion :)

Or just do like the English did and stick a hot coal up their rear, or bury them up to their head in sand, cut off the eyelids, point their face at the Sun, and pour honey over their face to attract insects. Or do that in combination with their coal :)

Now the new head of the pride is going to kill the young uns and any female that tries to protect them.

This goes far beyond just the death of one magnificent creature.

Circle of life. Lions have been operating that way for thousands of years. Humans (for better or for worse) are a part of nature.

I am fascinated by this outrage...I'll bet $$$ that 99.5% of the people in the online uproar had no idea who "Cecil" was or how his life was going. And now that their lives have not been directly impacted in any way we need to get the touches and march on this dentist. :jackoff: Meanwhile, more 230,000 people in Syria have been killed since 2011 and no one is in a social justice uproar... :eusa_think:

How could you Stephen Spielberg! WHEN WILL THE SENSELESS KILLING END!!

SCGzBTJ.jpg

This picture caused an uproar when it surfaced, as many thought it was real :D I don't know which was sadder, that there are people who can't recognize what is one of the most recognizable dinosaurs or that there are people who apparently still have not seen Jurassic Park.

It was tagged, within the grounds of the park, and he didn't have a permit to kill it.

Now the new head of the pride is going to kill the young uns and any female that tries to protect them.

This goes far beyond just the death of one magnificent creature.

Lions are killers. They are a violent, nasty animal. They only get admiration because they have a golden color and the male lion look very noble with his mane. In reality though, they are murderers and commit infanticide, and also are bigger scavengers than hyenas. Hyenas, who are always thought to be scumbags because of having black fur, black eyes, a cry that sounds like a high-pitched laugh, and the misconception that they are the main scavengers, are actually not violent in the way that lions are. If The Lion King was accurate, Simba and Mufassa actually probably would have been hyenas and the scumbags of the kingdom the lions. But The Hyena King I don't think would have succeeded well at the box office.

Circle of life. Lions have been operating that way for thousands of years. Humans (for better or for worse) are a part of nature.

I am fascinated by this outrage...I'll bet $$$ that 99.5% of the people in the online uproar had no idea who "Cecil" was or how his life was going. And now that their lives have not been directly impacted in any way we need to get the touches and march on this dentist. :jackoff: Meanwhile, more 230,000 people in Syria have been killed since 2011 and no one is in a social justice uproar... :eusa_think:

Agreed!

If I were this guy, I would lay as low as possible, no statements, etc. It will all blow over soon. Just can't feed the fire or give media any reason to add anything new.

A population of these big cats is on verge of extinct everywhere. They are nowhere near the number that they would posses humans any danger.

Where are they on the verge of extinction? According to WorldWildLife.org they are not listed. I've looked else where too, I cant find anywhere where Lions are close to being extinct. Also according to this group Rhinos populations are in the thousands, while endangered not near the levels some stories claim(single digits). So who is right?

https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/direc...tinction_status

Hollywood didn't seem to have a problem with the whole Kermit Gosnell incident which involved the literal killing of human babies. But someone shoots a lion, a nasty, brutal animal, and everyone is losing their minds.

Hollywood didn't seem to have a problem with the whole Kermit Gosnell incident which involved the literal killing of human babies. But someone shoots a lion, a nasty, brutal animal, and everyone is losing their minds.

Wheels, what the hell does Hollywood have to do with a sick fcuk who was sentenced to life in prison? I doubt there is a single person on earth that wouldn't have a "problem" with that piece of human garbage. A lion is no more nasty or brutal than any other carnivore on earth. A big fish eats smaller fish in much the same way. The only reason you consider it nasty and brutal is because they are at the top of the food chain and could easily kill you. Plenty of smaller animals eat their young and carry out acts of infanticide. Nature is brutal, regardless of where you are in the food chain.

The good news is this is a quick and easy distraction from all the Planned Parenthood unpleasantness. And by that, I mean the organization cutting up and selling babies. The media sure has its narrative and causes down pat.

Where are they on the verge of extinction? According to WorldWildLife.org they are not listed. I've looked else where too, I cant find anywhere where Lions are close to being extinct. Also according to this group Rhinos populations are in the thousands, while endangered not near the levels some stories claim(single digits). So who is right?

https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/direc...tinction_status

All I did was type this search and it seems like they are definitely threatened. As for rhynos, a couple thousand is not exactly a healthy population for an animal that reproduces at a slow rate and lives a long life. Especially when you consider the rate that they are being killed (three per day by recent estimates in South Africa). The largest enemy to many of the most endangered animals on earth is Eastern medicine and the inexhaustible thirst for "magical" parts of animals.

Wheels, what the hell does Hollywood have to do with a sick fcuk who was sentenced to life in prison? I doubt there is a single person on earth that wouldn't have a "problem" with that piece of human garbage. A lion is no more nasty or brutal than any other carnivore on earth. A big fish eats smaller fish in much the same way. The only reason you consider it nasty and brutal is because they are at the top of the food chain and could easily kill you. Plenty of smaller animals eat their young and carry out acts of infanticide. Nature is brutal, regardless of where you are in the food chain.

Hollywood celebrities have been going nuts over this lion being killed and Jimmy Kimmel even almost broke down crying about it last night. My point is that none of them seemed to have any problem over that Kermit Gosnell. When that came out, the media kept fairly silent about it and Hollywood mostly ignored it. You didn't have people like Kimmel breaking down and talking about how horrible it was and Hollywood celebrities tweeting about how terrible it was and so forth.

And lions are more brutal than other carnivores because of their nature. Lions like to fight and to kill. That is why Russell Crowe wrestled with tigers in Gladiator. In reality, those would have been lions, but having him wrestle lions would have been too risky. Lions will start fights with tigers when placed in the same area with them. Tigers do not fight and murder each other and kill each other the way lions do.

Also, my point is just about the unbalanced view toward lions. Like I said, if that had been a collared hyena, would everyone be in uproar. Yet they are over a lion, with people tweeting about what a "beautiful animal" it is and all of that.

The good news is this is a quick and easy distraction from all the Planned Parenthood unpleasantness. And by that, I mean the organization cutting up and selling babies. The media sure has its narrative and causes down pat.

:iamwithstupid: No major social media out rage there...go figure. Now that is a really interesting story. Probably deserves it's own thread.

Hollywood celebrities have been going nuts over this lion being killed and Jimmy Kimmel even almost broke down crying about it last night. My point is that none of them seemed to have any problem over that Kermit Gosnell. When that came out, the media kept fairly silent about it and Hollywood mostly ignored it. You didn't have people like Kimmel breaking down and talking about how horrible it was and Hollywood celebrities tweeting about how terrible it was and so forth.

And lions are more brutal than other carnivores because of their nature. Lions like to fight and to kill. That is why Russell Crowe wrestled with tigers in Gladiator. In reality, those would have been lions, but having him wrestle lions would have been too risky. Lions will start fights with tigers when placed in the same area with them. Tigers do not fight and murder each other and kill each other the way lions do.

Also, my point is just about the unbalanced view toward lions. Like I said, if that had been a collared hyena, would everyone be in uproar. Yet they are over a lion, with people tweeting about what a "beautiful animal" it is and all of that.

You do know that Russell Crowe didn't actually fight tigers in Gladiator.. right? :D