Narcos - Netflix Series

emanon

Well worth your time. Like Juice it, I found myself going for Pablo. Something appealing about the way he was portrayed in the show.

Pablo is my hero! :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Escobar is my hero too! Not... maybe I should change this username :aiwebs_017:

Just finished season 1 - awesome and real depiction of the events!

Going to start watching Bloodline, which was a recommended show. Looks good!

Watched season 1, I liked it at the beginning and I'm not sure I still like how it turned out at the end.

Rather favorite portrayal of him bothers me a lot.

What's next, Che and Hitler as their Country saviours? They did have their good days too...

Escobar is my hero too! Not... maybe I should change this username :aiwebs_017:

Just finished season 1 - awesome and real depiction of the events!

Going to start watching Bloodline, which was a recommended show. Looks good!

Bloodline is good. Watching it now.. Not addicting like Narcos, but good.

I haven't been able to get through episode three. Some shitty acting, too many inaccuracies to stomach and that god awful American dea agent.

Watched it all in a couple days and I love it. One of my favorite shows now.

As far as Pablo's accent, I just read that Wagner (the actor) actually learned Spanish for this role and didn't know it previously. Pretty crazy.

• 2 months later...

I saw it a while back, it's a pretty amazing show. I love the bits of history spliced in to remind you that this crazy sh*t really happened. I certainly was on team Pablo.

For those who liked this show and don't want to wait for the next season of Narcos, there's a 74 episode show on Netflix called Pablo Escobar el Patron del mal. It's in Spanish with English subtitles. It covers his entire life from beginning to end. Narcos is pretty much the condensed English version of it.

I will check this out. I watched all of house of Cards recently too

i cant stand political TV shows, having said that 'Cards' is very strong, i love it!!!

I saw it a while back, it's a pretty amazing show. I love the bits of history spliced in to remind you that this crazy sh*t really happened. I certainly was on team Pablo.

Still happening 'Chapo' is the man now.

They got close to catching him 5-6 weeks ago, not as exciting as Pablo Escobar but still cool.

They obviously didn't present enough history then. Escobar was a monster. He murdered or had murdered many innocent people in cold blood. He was a piece of shit.

You know this is real life right? Cause your first sentence says you do and your second says you don't.

They obviously didn't present enough history then. Escobar was a monster. He murdered or had murdered many innocent people in cold blood. He was a piece of shit.

The show is GREAT and you should watch it. However anyone with half a brain can tell that Pablo was a cold blooded monster on par with Pol Pot, Hitler, Hussein and the like. I can see how in the first few episodes where it shows him starting out that the life was romanticized a bit. The LPers who focus on that are the same ones who idealized Sheen up until he caught the HIV. The show very quickly dives in to just how dark of a monster he was and portrays him in an even light. When he was forced to resign from the government and "didn't get to join their little boys club" he completed his journey off of the rails. When he moved in to his own prison they should have just nuked that shit from orbit and been done with it.

CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 2.

Still happening 'Chapo' is the man now.

They got close to catching him 5-6 weeks ago, not as exciting as Pablo Escobar but still cool.

There's a crazy story. He broke out of maximum security prison twice, which is pretty nuts.

You know this is real life right? Cause your first sentence says you do and your second says you don't.

The show is GREAT and you should watch it. However anyone with half a brain can tell that Pablo was a cold blooded monster on par with Pol Pot, Hitler, Hussein and the like. I can see how in the first few episodes where it shows him starting out that the life was romanticized a bit. The LPers who focus on that are the same ones who idealized Sheen up until he caught the HIV. The show very quickly dives in to just how dark of a monster he was and portrays him in an even light. When he was forced to resign from the government and "didn't get to join their little boys club" he completed his journey off of the rails. When he moved in to his own prison they should have just nuked that shit from orbit and been done with it.

CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 2.

Was Pablo a cold-blooded killer? Absolutely. I certainly don't agree with his methods, but I do find it fascinating how the will of 1 man versus the world played out in this moment in history. It's also fascinating (and rather sad) about the common place culture of violence and the concept of escalation between him and the state. When I say I'm team Pablo, it's more metaphorical sense in that 1 person trying to be successful vs the world that is actively against them.

There's a crazy story. He broke out of maximum security prison twice, which is pretty nuts.

Was Pablo a cold-blooded killer? Absolutely. I certainly don't agree with his methods, but I do find it fascinating how the will of 1 man versus the world played out in this moment in history. It's also fascinating (and rather sad) about the common place culture of violence and the concept of escalation between him and the state. When I say I'm team Pablo, it's more metaphorical sense in that 1 person trying to be successful vs the world that is actively against them.

An individual can be a monster and still be fascinating. That is the human curiosity that is built in to each of us coming out. Of course we are fascinated by an individual who played so far outside of the rules yet saw so much "success".

There are plenty of examples of individuals who were extremely successful that weren't trafficking drugs and engaged in cold blooded murder on a daily basis.