Volkswagen AG stock 23% down

RM-S8

I think the opposite. More pressure. more $

Obviously, that's the goal of every ambulance chaser.

I meant the general public.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW Fortis, you once knocked on my preference for incandescent light bulbs over the LEDs, saying the incandescents are "old technology." Well the IC engine car is old technology in comparison to the (modern) electric car, but you do not like the electric car, so now you know how I feel about the incandescent being banned :D:P

BTW Fortis, you once knocked on my preference for incandescent light bulbs over the LEDs, saying the incandescents are "old technology." Well the IC engine car is old technology in comparison to the (modern) electric car, but you do not like the electric car, so now you know how I feel about the incandescent being banned :D:P

Not even in the same realm, go listen to a screaming V10 or V12 Lambo than go listen to Tesla which sound like my dishwasher then revisit your argument, lightbulbs do exactly the same thing, emit light but more efficiently so I don't have to risk breaking my neck changing bulbs every few months.

If you want a transport appliance electric is fine, I am not going to argue with that, personally I love cars, every chance I get I want to be in something which stirs my soul.

Not even in the same realm, go listen to a screaming V10 or V12 Lambo than go listen to Tesla which sound like my dishwasher then revisit your argument, lightbulbs do exactly the same thing, emit light but more efficiently so I don't have to risk breaking my neck changing bulbs every few months.

If you want a transport appliance electric is fine, I am not going to argue with that, personally I love cars, every chance I get I want to be in something which stirs my soul.

And that right there is why I bought the S8 with the v10!

BTW Fortis, my post was meant to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek, hence the two smilies. That said, I would say that non-incandescents do not emit light as the incandescents do. They emit it more efficiently, but at a cost in quality due to the technology (though they've improved them now where it can be hard to tell the difference which is good). An electric car similarly you don't have all the parts that need maintenance or which can break like in an ICE car, however you also won't have the engine and exhaust sounds either.

The EPA on Monday (11/2/15) accused Volkswagen of cheating on a second set of emissions tests, this time with larger diesel vehicles including luxury lines.

The Environmental Protection Agency said the German automaker installed software designed to defeat emissions tests on 2014 to 2016 vehicles with three-liter six-cylinder diesel engines.

The EPA on Monday (11/2/15) accused Volkswagen of cheating on a second set of emissions tests, this time with larger diesel vehicles including luxury lines.

The Environmental Protection Agency said the German automaker installed software designed to defeat emissions tests on 2014 to 2016 vehicles with three-liter six-cylinder diesel engines.

If they did it on one, my automatic assumption is they did it on all of them.

Don't for a second think this is about peoples safety. More people are killed by swimming pools each year than guns and diesel exhaust combined. We should ban dihydrogen monoxide!

• 4 weeks later...
Yea I have my own lot the VW's are impossible to move right now even standard gas models. People are scared of them now

IDK why, lol. They're the fcuking deal of the century right now. Incredible gas mileage and lower than normal prices.

Yea I have my own lot the VW's are impossible to move right now even standard gas models. People are scared of them now

I would buy one. But our dealer sucks here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like WV is out doing some diesel testing in CA, I spotted this in LA yesterday afternoon.

Golf TDI with a serious anal probe.

20160310_112105.jpg

That's a hilarious set up. That Honda generator probably emits more noxious gasses than a few hundred of vw's dreaded planet killing tdi's!

So they're piping the exhaust into the cabin to see how long they survive? :eusa_dance:

They have couple of greenies in the back seat.

A few universities are doing "independent" research into VW at the minute so this might not be VW in the seat.

I am still shocked that only VW are the only company to be challenged on this. For example, has anyone matched BMW i8 mpg figures?

A few universities are doing "independent" research into VW at the minute so this might not be VW in the seat.

I am still shocked that only VW are the only company to be challenged on this. For example, has anyone matched BMW i8 mpg figures?

Or the new C63? How does almost double than advertised sounds ? :lol2:

I think nobody can ever replicate factory mpg claims, maybe in neutral pushing them down a steep hill.

There have been attempts to change the MPG and emissions testing rules to more realistically reflect real-world conditions, but the automakers have lobbied against them continuously.

• 9 months later...

Volkswagen has agreed a draft $4.3bn settlement with US authorities over the emissions-rigging scandal.

The German car maker also said it would plead guilty to breaking certain US laws.

VW said it was in advanced discussions with the Department of Justice and US Customs about the deal.

The final agreement has yet to be approved by VW's management and supervisory board, which could happen later on Tuesday or Wednesday.

VW said it had negotiated a "concrete draft" of a settlement with US authorities that included criminal and civil fines totalling $4.3bn (£3.5bn), as well as appointing an independent monitor for the next three years.

The $4.3bn fine means that the total costs associated with the emissions cheating scandal are set to exceed the $19.2bn the company has set aside to deal with the issue.

VW has already agreed to a $15bn civil settlement with environmental authorities and car owners in the US.