How fast is your internet?

Hovik

Holy hell! How much do you pay per month for that speed?

~$90-$100. Part of combo with TV that came with the new place I just moved in to last week.

Optimum guy said they don't offer this anywhere else officially. Can't find much info online other than a forum post or two.

Amazing to think what technologies like laptops, cellphones, tablets, Internet speed, etc...will be like in another thirty years or so (!!!).

:eusa_dance:

kPVqLb9.jpg

Just curious, where are you located? Also interesting that the upload speed is faster than the download speed, usually it's the opposite.

Just curious, where are you located? Also interesting that the upload speed is faster than the download speed, usually it's the opposite.

Weehawken, NJ.

Mine is MUCH MUCH MUCH slower than that. :(

But is it slower than mine? ! "

Screen_Shot_2015_11_08_at_21.13.51.png

I downloaded a Kaleidescape bluray this week.... took 27 hours... not exactly video-on-demand..

Also interesting that the upload speed is faster than the download speed, usually it's the opposite.

That's a good point - both those screenshots show faster uploads...how come?

Mine is:

13.65 Mbps download

2.41 Mbps upload

42 ms ping

Works fine for me though, I still remember when all I had was dial-up, at least I can watch movies and television shows on Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, Youtube videos, etc...just fine. I have a hard time imagining though how fast downloading things like songs must be at 900+ Mbps, that's 112 MBps!!

EDIT: So I did the test again and this time got the following:

19.18 Mbps download

2.39 Mbps upload

32 ms ping

comast is offering 2,000 mbps down here for $300 per month... what's the point as most homes will not have the networking to go that fast anyways...

comast is offering 2,000 mbps down here for $300 per month... what's the point as most homes will not have the networking to go that fast anyways...

The point is I can tell all my friends my Internet is faster than theirs. Cat 5 ethernet throughout the house will be fine.

:lol2:

4817632793.png

500/500.

I can get Gigabit when I want that, but it's twice the cost.. I pay $69 for 500, and it's twice that for gigabit. No point. 500 is overkill anyways :D

When I moved into my apartment complex there was only Coax (cable) available, so basicly the first thing I did was get the ball moving and get fiber in the building. It's a small complex with only 16 apartments, but luckily for us, we had a fiber reseller in the building as well, so it was doable. It would be way too expensive for a fiber company to provide fiber to only 16 apartments if we didn't have fiber in the building already.

Love fiber. Stable, fast and low latency.