SV Coupe new - pm me if any interest.

Nuvolari612

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one person that had a change of heart on the SV, the Red one, I tried to buy it from him yesterday. We had a very nice conversation...then he sent me an e mail that said he decided to keep the car for now. He has a nice car and I am sure he will enjoy it, great machine.

As far as the "Sold Out" thing. I can tell you that there is a large difference between "ALL ORDER SPOTS filled and ALL SOLD OUT NONE TO BUY"

ALL makes, not just Lambo Dealers fill their allotted slots if they can, regardless if its a REAL customer or not...if they dont, their slots for next year get reduced and handed to another Dealer. MOST of the SV allotment is hitting the shores between now and the 3rd week of January...there will be other cars for sale to the General public..I dont know HOW many of the build were made for the USA. I dont even know if they ACTUALLY built or WILL build 600 for World Wide sales.....just seems very high to me.

Will they command over MSRP and stay OVER MSRP...that's the million dollar question..IF they are building 600 or so, then I say no..if for some reason a verification comes out that say only 283 were produced for the 2016 MY, then yes it is possible...we will have to wait till the end of 2016 production year, which is in June...then we can re-visit and see what happened.

For me, of course, I still think the LP670-4SV is a way better investment and collectible car HANDS down against the Aventador SV...but that is me...

For me, of course, I still think the LP670-4SV is a way better investment and collectible car HANDS down against the Aventador SV...but that is me...

Well, you have at least one more guy who's on your side. :icon_mrgreen: But you would expect me to say, as usual. investment is just a bonus. Buy the car to enjoy and have fun in it. And you are certainly enjoying yours. :icon_thumleft:

The one person that had a change of heart on the SV, the Red one, I tried to buy it from him yesterday. We had a very nice conversation...then he sent me an e mail that said he decided to keep the car for now. He has a nice car and I am sure he will enjoy it, great machine.

As far as the "Sold Out" thing. I can tell you that there is a large difference between "ALL ORDER SPOTS filled and ALL SOLD OUT NONE TO BUY"

ALL makes, not just Lambo Dealers fill their allotted slots if they can, regardless if its a REAL customer or not...if they dont, their slots for next year get reduced and handed to another Dealer. MOST of the SV allotment is hitting the shores between now and the 3rd week of January...there will be other cars for sale to the General public..I dont know HOW many of the build were made for the USA. I dont even know if they ACTUALLY built or WILL build 600 for World Wide sales.....just seems very high to me.

Will they command over MSRP and stay OVER MSRP...that's the million dollar question..IF they are building 600 or so, then I say no..if for some reason a verification comes out that say only 283 were produced for the 2016 MY, then yes it is possible...we will have to wait till the end of 2016 production year, which is in June...then we can re-visit and see what happened.

If you call it sold out it better be that way, if the dealer network consists of 300 dealerships for argument's sake and everyone is force fed 2 cars each and the run is 600 that's not a sold out model that's a load of horse manure.

I don't care about investments with these cars but I do mind when they put you through the ringer.

If you call it sold out it better be that way, if the dealer network consists of 300 dealerships for argument's sake and everyone is force fed 2 cars each and the run is 600 that's not a sold out model that's a load of horse manure.

I don't care about investments with these cars but I do mind when they put you through the ringer.

Agree 100%...how do you think the "Collector" that bought and PAID extra for the so called "last" 670-4SV feels...paid up to get #350 of 350....which we all now know those numbers where never hit...

I don't understand.

I put a deposit on a car. The dealership told me I didn't make the allocation group. I did a post on this several months ago. I can't exactly remember which thread.

Heres where I am confused. If there will be fewer cars than the build number limit, as postulated by Roy, then why didn't they just sell me a car? Surely a sale is a sale. If they do build the stated maximum but some of the cars are dealer purchased cars and not customer cars why not satisfy the customer demand first? Then any build slots not taken by customer orders could then be offered to dealers as stock for showroom floor sales.

Whilst I have now accepted that I won't be getting a car I am still mildly annoyed. I will be even more annoyed if it turns out that dealers are getting cars ahead of, and in preference to, customers like me. Or have I made 2+2=5?

Back on topic. PC happy you picked up an SV. Sad to see you have to let her go right away. Hope everything is OK! Then again if you are able to keep her per Roy's post congrats and get to posting pics!!!

Back on topic. PC happy you picked up an SV. Sad to see you have to let her go right away. Hope everything is OK! Then again if you are able to keep her per Roy's post congrats and get to posting pics!!!

Thanks Hannibal!

Yes it was sort of a thread derail for a few minutes here. I initially jumped the gun with my selling it post when I received some bad family health info, everything is more clear now. I've been laying low until I got a few things straightened out.

It is being shipped here early next week. I'll be sure to post some picture's for sure.

Thanks Hannibal!

Yes it was sort of a thread derail for a few minutes here. I initially jumped the gun with my selling it post when I received some bad family health info, everything is more clear now. I've been laying low until I got a few things straightened out.

It is being shipped here early next week. I'll be sure to post some picture's for sure.

Hope everything works out beautiful SV enjoy!

Just saw your business - wish you were closer.

Thanks Hannibal!

Glad to hear things are looking up.

Congrats on the car!

Josh

I don't understand.

I put a deposit on a car. The dealership told me I didn't make the allocation group. I did a post on this several months ago. I can't exactly remember which thread.

Heres where I am confused. If there will be fewer cars than the build number limit, as postulated by Roy, then why didn't they just sell me a car? Surely a sale is a sale. If they do build the stated maximum but some of the cars are dealer purchased cars and not customer cars why not satisfy the customer demand first? Then any build slots not taken by customer orders could then be offered to dealers as stock for showroom floor sales.

Whilst I have now accepted that I won't be getting a car I am still mildly annoyed. I will be even more annoyed if it turns out that dealers are getting cars ahead of, and in preference to, customers like me. Or have I made 2+2=5?

If I have read this all right...

Roy is referencing the Murci LP 670SV where the rumour is that the factory did not actually build the 350 units. Roy loves that rumour and drops it into any thread he can regardless the topic. We can be talking about women's chesticles and he will slide the build number of the LP670-4 SV story in there. Next he will say how many are in the US and then onto how many he has for sale. Am I right Roy? :)

The SV LP750SV build number for coupes is different.

Lets start a conversation on residuals. I know this thread was started with the few coming onto market for various reasons but... With the Roadster available how many owners will try and shift the coupes therefore will residuals soften (along with many complaining about the sport seats) or have many jumped straight into roadsters and therefore the residuals stay high.

Here in the UK there is a yellow coupe that has been in the market place for awhile but the seller has a less than sparkling reputation.

Nuvolari612 - chill out. I am sure you okay in person but you seem to get jumpy very quickly. We all have teeth here but no need to get so wound up so quickly.

If I have read this all right...

Roy is referencing the Murci LP 670SV where the rumour is that the factory did not actually build the 350 units. Roy loves that rumour and drops it into any thread he can regardless the topic. We can be talking about women's chesticles and he will slide the build number of the LP670-4 SV story in there. Next he will say how many are in the US and then onto how many he has for sale. Am I right Roy? :)

The SV LP750SV build number for coupes is different.

Lets start a conversation on residuals. I know this thread was started with the few coming onto market for various reasons but... With the Roadster available how many owners will try and shift the coupes therefore will residuals soften (along with many complaining about the sport seats) or have many jumped straight into roadsters and therefore the residuals stay high.

Here in the UK there is a yellow coupe that has been in the market place for awhile but the seller has a less than sparkling reputation.

Nuvolari612 - chill out. I am sure you okay in person but you seem to get jumpy very quickly. We all have teeth here but no need to get so wound up so quickly.

Roadsters always hold their value especially with less units - if the next generation goes turbo than the SV coupe and roadster will rise sharply.

Ferrari Aperta's are far more limited and sell at multiples of their equal DNA coupes. It does appear many owners bought the coupe to be first in line for the Roadster. IMO they should have made less Roadsters creating more demand for the brand when limited models are introduced.

Anyway - as stated prior simply wanted to help some people out. It went south when the buyer was unfortunately informed of poor medical news of which as well as anyone I can understand. Sensitive - yes but people continually dump in threads around here that is so far off topic it takes away value. Good information is hard to find as you suggested pages deep to switch to SV values which is what it is but then you take a swipe at Roy who like you I am sure is "ok" guy in person.

We are all smart enough some more than others to treat others with respect regardless if it's online or in person. My guess is we are all more alike than different.

Not to veer back but I think the perception of the thread being dumped upon is a little over egged, there will always be some swaying on content and understanding. This is a global board so people can read and interpret info in different contexts thus reacting differently.

That is where a chilled out and slightly thicker skin approach helps out.

Back to numbers. They did the mix run with the Murci whereby the 670 was a success (steady Roly) but the 650 never really ran that well, then they produced the Aventador and the sales numbers have done really well for the roadster (because of decent roof packaging) so limiting the roadster would not have made sense to me from a revenue point of view. The demand for the roadster was always there.

Not to veer back but I think the perception of the thread being dumped upon is a little over egged, there will always be some swaying on content and understanding. This is a global board so people can read and interpret info in different contexts thus reacting differently.

That is where a chilled out and slightly thicker skin approach helps out.

Back to numbers. They did the mix run with the Murci whereby the 670 was a success (steady Roly) but the 650 never really ran that well, then they produced the Aventador and the sales numbers have done really well for the roadster (because of decent roof packaging) so limiting the roadster would not have made sense to me from a revenue point of view. The demand for the roadster was always there.

Fair enough.

The reason I bring up the roadster is not for sales today but for future sales.

Ferrari learned that by offering new models to best customers first in concept helped stabilize new model values and even more so with limited production models. In other words perspective buyers had to buy in to the heavier allocation models to have a chance at limited models.

The dealers would then offer their used cars at a higher than market premium to allow those who bought a chance at the limited editions. Porsche did something similar with the 918 by allowing those customers first crack at limited models.

Lamborghini was never a brand I had any desire to own until the SV ring time - after learning and reading the brand is impressive and Ferrari is less impressive especially their newer models as they have IMO lost their panache.

I have wondered if all 600 units would be made as well. I don't think that since a convertible SV is being made that the market is there for that many unless it comes from outside the U.S. I think the convertible orders will be filled and in the long run there will be less coups than convertible. Just my thoughts.

I have wondered if all 600 units would be made as well. I don't think that since a convertible SV is being made that the market is there for that many unless it comes from outside the U.S. I think the convertible orders will be filled and in the long run there will be less coups than convertible. Just my thoughts.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out, I am guessing when they say something is sold out the whole production run is spoken for.

I am not sure about the coupe, did they officially announce that the coupe was completely sold out?