GTC4 Lusso

Fortis

I like the FF, it packages a lot into a relatively small space and is a success when measured against the Aston Martin answer.

But this just looks like a revised FF with updated tech.

Man, Ferrari really reaching back on the name....

When I saw the thread title and Fortis as OP I thought "wow, Fortis is into the vintage Ferraris now?!"... :lol2:

GTC/4 was the 2+2 variant of the 365 GTB/4 Daytona, that was built by Pininfarina, had softer lines and to many actually sounded better (despite having a little less HP). For a long time it was a "cheap" V12 that hovered in the $50-60k range USD. If the Daytona was the father of the 550 Maranello, this was the father of the 456.

Lusso is another 2+2 name from the past, for the looks. Basically a 250 SWB with two extra seats.

This car looks like a better FF, but can't be borrowing these historic names like nothing.

The 599 GTO was borderline, but made up for it with the violence. This I don't know.

A nice car for the right person -- hard to knock a car that has no real competitors.

So does a Diablo.

Hahaha. :icon_mrgreen:

The FF to me is a modern day Mondial. It probably seems a little cool now, but no kid has it on his bedroom wall (And I know it wasn't created for that). In 15 years, I'm positive people will look back at the FF as a bargain supercar and they might feel the same way about it as people do today about the Mondial.

Just my 2 cents. :)

This car looks like a better FF, but can't be borrowing these historic names like nothing.

I couldn't agree with this more ^^^

The FF to me is a modern day Mondial. It probably seems a little cool now, but no kid has it on his bedroom wall (And I know it wasn't created for that). In 15 years, I'm positive people will look back at the FF as a bargain supercar and they might feel the same way about it as people do today about the Mondial.

The one thing I take slight umbrage with all the anti-Ferrari 2+2 design comments is this:

Ferrari attempts to put out various product in this market place.

Lamborghini has largely been a one trick pony since the Countach (Diablo/Murci/Aventador), expanding it with a smaller version of that same pony (Gallardo, Hurucan).

Lambo does a nice job with their singular design philosophy but it should be noted they've taken the easy way out. And building an SUV is still taking the easy way out.

They take zero risks in their design department. Imagine Ferrari just refining the Testarossa and 308/328 for 30 years?

Could Lambo build a front engined 2 seater GT like the F12 or AM cars? And would they even dare make a modern Espada?

They made a cool 2+2 concept (forget the name), but until they build it for real it doesn't count.

Even Porsche with the ultimate one trick pony car, the 911, has made some different cars.

The Panamera and Rapide aren't my cup of tea ultimately, but at the same time I respect the attempt.

The one thing I take slight umbrage with all the anti-Ferrari 2+2 design comments is this:

My comments weren't meant to offend. My apologies if they did. I'm just having a laugh as I do not particularly care for the FF, but I still appreciate it for what it is. :icon_thumleft:

Lamborghini has largely been a one trick pony since the Countach (Diablo/Murci/Aventador), expanding it with a smaller version of that same pony (Gallardo, Hurucan).

Lambo does a nice job with their singular design philosophy but it should be noted they've taken the easy way out. And building an SUV is still taking the easy way out.

They take zero risks in their design department. Imagine Ferrari just refining the Testarossa and 308/328 for 30 years?

Could Lambo build a front engined 2 seater GT like the F12 or AM cars? And would they even dare make a modern Espada?

They made a cool 2+2 concept (forget the name), but until they build it for real it doesn't count.

I would love to see a modern day Espada, and I especially believe that Lamborghini would have been truly badass if they would have manufactured the Estoque. That car seemed quite incredible. I'm not too impressed with the new Lambo SUV. (doesn't it share the same chassis as the Audi/Porsche Cayenne platform?) I believe they had a chance to make something truly unique and blew it, (again, just my 2 cents).

I agree with you about Ferrari. I do give them credit for making a 2 + 2 and I'm surprised it has been taken in so well by their audience. I have heard little to no negative comments about the FF from anyone, besides the occasional jokes about how it looks. I've seen a few in person and agree that they look way better up close and personal than in photos on the internet.

Agreed. As you'd said, Ferrari made the 365 GT4 decades ago. It was updated to 400i and the 412. All were not exactly roaring successes but all were good tries on Ferrari's part. Perhaps I am old school by while this updated FF looks better than the original, I still like the lines of the 365/400/412 a lot more.

You must be referring to the Estoque. IMO, Lamborghini should have made this car rather than the Urus. I would buy one in a heartbeat had they gone ahead with it. So much so that I said it to Winkelmann face to face that they should make it and I would order one as soon as it's announced. He smiled and said "we didn't say never but it WAS a styling study". I guess market studies dictate otherwise. Just look at the high-end SUV coming onto the market now --- the Bentley's Bentayga, Maserati's Levante, Lamborghini's Urus etc... The fact that the Bentayga, Urus, Q7 and the next Cayenne are more or less the same car underneath disturbs me very much. Ferrari does seem to have carved out an exclusive market sector all to itself and kudos to that. I tried a FF for a few days. It was nice but it didn't feel special and the heft was definitely noticeable. This one is less ugly than its predecessor but it still isn't pretty either. I also agree that Ferrari is flaunting with their classic names which is :eusa_naughty: .

It looks good in these pics, but usually new Ferraris look slightly underwhelming when the real photos start to appear.

Surely the California is the Mondial equivalent.

I think the FF and this look epic

I can't tell any difference from an FF. A "Penis" car has to have a long front hood so a Diablo can't qualify for that...no mid or rear engine car can. Can't say i've ever heard someone say that about a Diablo before.

Blasphemy!!!!

Don't take offense Chippy, when I first heard that description of the Diablo ages ago, it was used as a metaphor of the male libido not so much a visual description.

Don't take offense Chippy, when I first heard that description of the Diablo ages ago, it was used as a metaphor of the male libido not so much a visual description.

:) I should have added a smiley

Agreed. As you'd said, Ferrari made the 365 GT4 decades ago. It was updated to 400i and the 412. All were not exactly roaring successes but all were good tries on Ferrari's part. Perhaps I am old school by while this updated FF looks better than the original, I still like the lines of the 365/400/412 a lot more.

You must be referring to the Estoque. IMO, Lamborghini should have made this car rather than the Urus. I would buy one in a heartbeat had they gone ahead with it. So much so that I said it to Winkelmann face to face that they should make it and I would order one as soon as it's announced. He smiled and said "we didn't say never but it WAS a styling study". I guess market studies dictate otherwise. Just look at the high-end SUV coming onto the market now --- the Bentley's Bentayga, Maserati's Levante, Lamborghini's Urus etc... The fact that the Bentayga, Urus, Q7 and the next Cayenne are more or less the same car underneath disturbs me very much. Ferrari does seem to have carved out an exclusive market sector all to itself and kudos to that. I tried a FF for a few days. It was nice but it didn't feel special and the heft was definitely noticeable. This one is less ugly than its predecessor but it still isn't pretty either. I also agree that Ferrari is flaunting with their classic names which is :eusa_naughty: .

:iamwithstupid:

The Urus will also share the basic architecture with the VW Touareg as well. The Estoque was a much more interesting vehicle IMO, but the market in general is moving to SUV's so I get the decision. Shame they elected not to do both, could have stuck it on a RS7 or Panamera chassis since parts sharing is so rampant at VW.

If you hadn't told me the Lusso was a new design I would thought it was an FF. There are a couple running round Malibu, sound great, but I think they are god awful ugly and pointless. Really, you're going to take your FF/Lusso instead of something like a Cayenne/RR to the mountains? The reason it has no competitors, there isn't a market. If memory serves me right they sell a couple hundred year after the initial bump from the launch. Interior looks pretty sweet though, hopefully that NAV is not an awful Chrysler unit like in the California. I'm also not a fan of recycling historic names.

The FF is one ugly car but I drove one for a while and it was fantastic to drive, it's very well balanced because of the AWD, where the 458 is floaty in the nose this thing was planted and sounded ridiculous.

It handled incredibly well and housed 4 adults without any problems, the interior layout is very good but the workmanship wasn't what I expected, I came to the conclusion that Audi makes, in particular in their top of the line models, the best quality interiors, the FF leather was wrinkled and misaligned in some sections, surprising for a car in that price range but the noise and the V12 made up for it, great drive.

This new one looks a bit better and I really like how they've refined the interior.

Having said all that I don't think I'd want Lambo to offer anything like this or a SUV, just stick with manufacturing insane sports cars, that's all.

The FF with a Novitec exhaust sounds absolutely nuts, and this car looks miles better IMO.

Big fan of this machine.

The FF with a Novitec exhaust sounds absolutely nuts, and this car looks miles better IMO.

Big fan of this machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Big fan of this machine.

Agree.

After I sold the 612 haven't found a dd anywhere close to what a Ferrari 2+2 offers - Bentley SS Range Rover all have the porky roll.

FF is an absolute steal under 5k miles orig sticker 400+. selling at half price and plenty of warranty.

The fit and finish of the FF with proper spec handling horsepower V12 NA it's time to go shopping a year or two possibly the GTC4.

FF vs the GTC4 it was silly to change the name.