Rhyno's new house

rhyno

Where does the garage sit in relation to the house? I've seen pics of both separate, but none where I can see both at the same time.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here in SoCal cementitous decks are pretty common, but it's a multi-layer assembly (assuming it needs to be completely waterproof). Typically gets poured over heavy subfloor (1-1/8" / 28mm) with joists 12" OC, and uses a relatively heavy galvanized expanded steel mesh in the structural layer, that is held to the subfloor with a billion big ass crown staples.

Finished installation is only about 1-1/4" thick over the subfloor, but it's not a typical 'concrete' either.

Sherwin Williams has a bitchin sealer/topper that can be pigmented and has anti-slip additives. :icon_thumleft:

For a machine parts ME, you're pretty on top of construction. :icon_thumleft:

Where does the garage sit in relation to the house? I've seen pics of both separate, but none where I can see both at the same time.

I will have to take some pictures for you of both together.

The Big garage is just to the left of the house, they are pretty close to each other which is great. The Big garage is pretty hidden by trees so its kind hard to see them together.

What will you clad the house with?

Looking very good !

The office with the tall windows will have big black tile. The rest of the house will be two different shades of stucco. There will also be a few areas that will have tile that looks like wood.

The office with the tall windows will have big black tile. The rest of the house will be two different shades of stucco. There will also be a few areas that will have tile that looks like wood.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product

For a machine parts ME, you're pretty on top of construction. :icon_thumleft:

What can I say, I like building stuff. :icon_mrgreen:

I also have this 'problem' where I research the shit out of any critical project until i'm borderline an industry expert on it. Just so happens I had to rebuild the second story patio (over living space) on an apartment building I own last year, so this one is fresh in my mind.

Fireplaces are going in, first pic is lower level man cave room, I will have a concrete finish on the fireplace wall.....

P1040181.JPG

Second pic is in my great room and the fireplace wall will be stone....

P1040183.JPG

IMG_2898.JPG

Looking good Rhyno! Can't wait to see what tricks you have up your sleeve for the inside.

Ok lets give you some perspective on my property! I have a 2.5 acre homesite with a Oak tree lined driveway. On the left and right side is a large lawn and then you get to a tennis court on the right. After the court my house is straight ahead and the Big garage to the left. The vineyard is directly below the house and to the right side of the driveway and tennis court.......

Looking down the driveway to the road....

P1040202.JPG

Looking down my driveway from the left side. The BIG garage is hidden behind all the trees on the left...

P1040197.JPG

Tennis court is on the right side of the driveway (north)...

P1040203.JPG

This picture is in the vineyard looking back towards the pool and house....

P1040206.JPG

This is below the house in the vineyard....

P1040210.JPG

This is the lower south side of the house (south) and you can see the BIG garage on the right...

P1040213.JPG

this is from the lower yard looking towards the BIG garage....

P1040215.JPG

This pic is just below the tennis court. The pool would be on the right side and you can see how close the BIG garage and house are....

P1040190.JPG

P1040189.JPG

This picture is pretty much where my front door is....

P1040192.JPG

This is from the opposite side. So the windows in the BIG garage looking towards the house....

P1040194.JPG

This is from under the covered carport of the BIG garage looking towards the house....

P1040193.JPG

Ya know, I was browsing through the pics on the listing of your old house (the lakeside one that you mentioned you were selling) and thinking, "I could die happy in a place like that. Incredible house". And then...I finished looking through all of the pics you just posted of this NEW one.

I can't imagine how beautiful that house and property is going to be when you are done. You are truly building a dream house for the masses, I can't imagine anyone not being blown away by that property.

Thank you (and Fortis and anyone else who posts threads like this) for letting us tag along with you on this journey! Congrats on your success as well, life is good! :icon_super:

Ya know, I was browsing through the pics on the listing of your old house (the lakeside one that you mentioned you were selling) and thinking, "I could die happy in a place like that. Incredible house". And then...I finished looking through all of the pics you just posted of this NEW one.

I can't imagine how beautiful that house and property is going to be when you are done. You are truly building a dream house for the masses, I can't imagine anyone not being blown away by that property.

Thank you (and Fortis and anyone else who posts threads like this) for letting us tag along with you on this journey! Congrats on your success as well, life is good! :icon_super:

This a great post and I think this is why Fortis and I include you all in the house build thread! Thanks so much Lightning.

My lake house is pretty darn amazing, I have lived her for over 10 years and every home has its flaws. The view and outdoor living space is why I bought this property. It's only a three bedroom and one bedroom I turned into an office. One day I want a family with kids so this house is a little small for this. Also the lake is all sand in my area which is great but the water level is very low, I can only put my boat on the lift for Max 3 months of the year. This house was built in the 50's so it will always have issues.

My life is now part of the wine world and I needed a change. When the vineyard property popped up I knew it was special, I have searched for a few years and there is nothing else that had everything I wanted on one site. Building from scratch is a very unique experience and I'm so lucky to have a builder I can trust, I'm having no headaches at all with him. The new place has a view that is over 180 degree's and the mature tree lined driveway would take my lifetime to grow if planted now. I'm extremely lucky and so happy with my life. All I need to do is find a good girl that matches me!

The house and garage look fantastic.

I love the covered parking area concept.

Can't wait to see the completed "toy chest" when it's full.

This a great post and I think this is why Fortis and I include you all in the house build thread! Thanks so much Lightning.

My lake house is pretty darn amazing, I have lived her for over 10 years and every home has its flaws. The view and outdoor living space is why I bought this property. It's only a three bedroom and one bedroom I turned into an office. One day I want a family with kids so this house is a little small for this. Also the lake is all sand in my area which is great but the water level is very low, I can only put my boat on the lift for Max 3 months of the year. This house was built in the 50's so it will always have issues.

My life is now part of the wine world and I needed a change. When the vineyard property popped up I knew it was special, I have searched for a few years and there is nothing else that had everything I wanted on one site. Building from scratch is a very unique experience and I'm so lucky to have a builder I can trust, I'm having no headaches at all with him. The new place has a view that is over 180 degree's and the mature tree lined driveway would take my lifetime to grow if planted now. I'm extremely lucky and so happy with my life. All I need to do is find a good girl that matches me!

That is awesome man. :) Congrats and thank you again. Looking forward to the finished pics!

The house and garage look fantastic.

I love the covered parking area concept.

Can't wait to see the completed "toy chest" when it's full.

Hopefully I will see you in September for a pool party at the new place! The toy chest will never be full but I can guarantee you it will look amazing lol

Sofit is getting installed on the big garage. I did black soft on all of the garage but the carport got cedar.....

IMG_3765.JPG

IMG_3767.JPG

IMG_3768.JPG

IMG_3769.JPG

IMG_3771.JPG

Does anybody know why my pictures always get turned? On my computer they are the correct way. I took todays pictures with my iPhone with normal photo mode, i didn't turn my phone sideways to take the pics. Also is there anyway for me to edit them on LP so they look correct??

Does anybody know why my pictures always get turned? On my computer they are the correct way. I took todays pictures with my iPhone with normal photo mode, i didn't turn my phone sideways to take the pics. Also is there anyway for me to edit them on LP so they look correct??

It's a known iPhone issue, uploading directly from iPhone often causes photos to be turned sideways, it's an issue between the computer thinking the orientation is correct and the phone wanting to display in landscape.

There are apps that can fix. Also apparently it can be addressed by rotating the photo in question once, saving, then rotating back and saving, then upload. I've never tried this so cannot confirm.

I can't upload from my iPhone so every picture has been uploaded from my iMac desktop computer! I guess everyone can just turn there computers on there sides to view properly lol