60+ killed in france truck drove through crowd...

Vegasgtr

80+ dead and 40+ in critical condition... He had a ton of weapons and grenades were found in truck... anyone know why France has been such a big target lately?

"anyone know why France has been such a big target lately"

A few reasons why:

1. Lots of tango kavemen have been living and breeding in protected enclaves where they get by on the .gov teat and never assimilate

2. France has been generally soft on tangos even when they have credible intel on the jihadis.

3. Hug a Refugee isn't working.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap... I am literally about to leave for the airport, direction Nice. Just saw this news on my phone... fcuk this. fcuk it. This is horrible. I'm shocked.

Rip to all the victims.

I'm afraid of possible follow ups. Debating staying the fcuk home with the gf. At least my country is safe from this shit.

fcuking politicians, they just had to support "democracy", fcuking hypocrites. Lets create a political void in the Middle east, surely it will be filled by democrats and human rights advocates. Surely it will never empower the extremist elements there and in turn everywhere else. fcuk isis and everyone else, they want to live in the middle ages, let them, seal them off with a fcuking wall , bomb them until there's no one left, for all i care.

Is it just me? Am I the only one who remembers a safer time when the middle east was ruled by "evil" despots, and the world was a much better place? Bring them back!

RIP.

:iamwithstupid:

It seems like the saying "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't" is being proven in the ME.

I am not trying to start a "don't take my guns argument" but think about it for a moment. This sick bastard just showed all the other crazys that they don't need to worry about carrying out their attacks in places where they have access to guns. They can now go anywhere that they can get their hands on a vehicle and carry out a mass killing. Think of all the large gatherings in cities around the world, majors sports in the US, political conventions, parades, even a bus stop in a decent sized city can have 20+ people just sitting there.

This won't be the last attack like this, it's just the beginning. No more sneaking pressure cooker bombs or guns into areas, just drive a vehicle because nobody can differentiate a normal delivery truck from one with a crazed mass murderer behind the wheel. How do you protect against it?

With media acceasbility the narrative is that "the world is shit!" when looking at the stats we (most developed countries) live in the greatest era humanity has known. There's a so much awesome sh*t and amazing things we have going on that horrible acts seem magnified a thousand fold.

Ask people in Mail, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, or Equatorial Guinea about mass tragedy. It's sad to say for them this type of thing is a daily, matter-of-fact occurrence.

n all honesty the take away is appreciate every day you have, live the f*ck out of life and enjoy the good things and people in it. Yes this news is sad, but don't let 1 tragedy skew your view on all of the amazing things happening in the world every day. Time to boost the L Power Feel Good Thread :icon_super:

I

. It's sad to say for them this type of thing is a daily, matter-of-fact occurrence.

n all honesty the take away is appreciate every day you have, live the f*ck out of life and enjoy the good things and people in it. Yes this news is sad, but don't let 1 tragedy skew your view on all of the amazing things happening in the world every day. Time to boost the L Power Feel Good Thread

100% this.

Prayers out to the families :(

Late yesterday night before going to sleep I saw a first single post in Instagram saying "pray for Nice". The first commentor to that was a jihadist who had only pictures of beheadings etc. That makes my stomach turn. We are literally in war in every sense and it is too late and about eleventh time to answer to it in a same way. At the same time I read that Finland is expecting 2000 fleeing Isis warcriminals and those will be "heavily traumatized". So what our country is going to do? Pamper then on our own expense here and propably massage them in spas. I am not at all surprised if there will be social worker helping to attach the suicidevest before some horrible massacre of innocent, even children.

We need to put our politics in the very hard place! And question these decisions.

With media acceasbility the narrative is that "the world is shit!" when looking at the stats we (most developed countries) live in the greatest era humanity has known. There's a so much awesome sh*t and amazing things we have going on that horrible acts seem magnified a thousand fold.

Not true. That ended a couple of years a go. Europe was piece of heaven for years and years. Not anymore. We had all those nice things and more and peace. Now we have extremists, refugees and terror on our soil. We will absolutely need to stop painting this with rosy colors. We cant put these in the binder on a shelf just because there are still some of the european remains left. It's happening all the time and it's time to address the issue face to face.

French-Tunisian man was identified by the media as the truck driver.

Decided to cancel the 5 day trip to southern france. Staying home.

These scumbags want to die why not help them? I am sickened by what's going on and by the inactivity of our governments. All mighty powers sitting on all type of sophisticated weapons and well trained armies which we spend trillions on laughed at by a bunch of nobodies, it's laughable it's EMBARRASSING!

I'm sick to my stomach.

I'm telling you this. This, one day, will lead to a civil war here.

Innocent muslims were killed as well but this will keep going on and on until we reach the point of no return.

I'm seriously considering arming myself to protect myself and my family for the darker upcoming days.... even if I have to do it "illegally" since we are banned from owning any sort of firearms here.

Fcuk this shit.

100% this.

:iamwithstupid:

RIP to all affected by this horrid tragedy..

I just cant believe that the US and the rest of the world cant get together and destroy all these fcukers.. makes no sense to me.

I heard that there were approximately 10 children killed. The news clip I saw last night (not graphic, just people running) had parents running pushing strollers. What sick fcuk attacks innocents like that??

Seriously, if I were Hollande I be like "fcuk it. Nuke the bastards. Nuke every known base. Bomb every known facility. Wipe them out. Yes, there will be collateral damage, but those people are likely facilitators. Let them take to the Hague for war crimes etc. At least I can say I did something to protect my people!"

I hope as these groups continue to kill indiscriminately and, as a result, kill muslims (muslims were killed last night), non radicalized muslims will heed the call to turn on the extremist w/n their communities. Human intel is imperative. No way does an army just happenstance kill the bastard that committed the atrocity which occurred last night, unless he happened to be attending/from a camp or base. Don't get me wrong, military action is required and a piece of the puzzle. All in all, it just flat at sucks, and, unfortunately, requires vigilance and a great deal of action, locally, federally, militarily, and within communities who refuse assimilate. If you move to a country and do not assimilate, why are you there?

I'm shocked the truck was loaded with weapons instead of explosives. I'm wondering if the driver had a specific destination/rendezvous point to meet with other shitheads who would have grabbed the weapons and opened up on the city? horrible horrible...just freakin horrible.

I think the only solution is laughter. Just make fun of them. Make a million jokes, plaster the front page of every newspaper with cartoons and caricatures. Who will they kill when all of us are laughing, when it won't be interrupted by another attack. Laugh, make fun of them, take away their power.

post-11867-1468603128.png

guys we need to make something to this. Imho. Use the nukes.

Is jumping to rash conclusions going to be an Olympic sport in Rio?

Lemme guess...those dam Amish AGAIN?

Of course not... fcuking ISLAMIC TERRORISTS AGAIN

Oh you must be the guy the police go to for help, what with them at the point of writing not able to link the driver to a group and no group has claimed responsibility.

"I am surprised this hasn't happened more. It is far easier to get your hands on a car than a gun."

We must ban the high capacity straight trucks if it only saves one life!

Signed, Feinstein, Schummer, Boxer, et al

Ah... pig headed man jumping in and rather than showing any form of compassion to a fellow human being you bring out a tired old rhetoric to protect your own pathetic self interest.

"anyone know why France has been such a big target lately"

A few reasons why:

1. Lots of tango kavemen have been living and breeding in protected enclaves where they get by on the .gov teat and never assimilate

2. France has been generally soft on tangos even when they have credible intel on the jihadis.

3. Hug a Refugee isn't working.

That understanding of human nature and what is going on in Europe and the middle east really must be tugging at your intellgience and your heart strings.

So, to prevent me from getting any lasting injury from rolling my eyes at your weak minded arse dribbling inane posts please do not post in this thread again.

Current headlines again at time of writing are

Truck driver who killed 84 named as 'loner' French-Tunisian criminal who 'became depressed' when wife left him as police question estranged spouse

Kind of pisses on your thinking now.

It's very easy to leap into the knee-jerk reactionary thinking of "kill them all," as we in the states experienced it right after 9/11 in 2001. The hardest part is letting the dust settle to see exactly who was the perpetrator of the act and the motivations behind it. As in this particular case, this man seemed particularly disturbed but also (as for now) seems to be acting of his own accord without ties any higher organization, like that suicidal German pilot who crashed that plane in the the mountains a little while ago.

As far as extremist groups go, the hardest part in that war is killing the idea because when you look at historical cultural differences go we humans have a really insane track record of doing horrible acts on a grand scale. Europe can look into it's own history for many examples, as can Asia and the US. No one is innocent. The fundamental question s what do you value more: Freedom or security? In a more free society like in many western cultures you get much more individual liberties but you also open yourself up to more risk as people can abuse or misuse those liberties to do terrible things (like this incident). In a more repressive society, individuals don't have just free liberties which makes it internally more secure, but also tends to breed a higher probability of social disdain.

So what is the answer? I don't know if there is one. How do you stop someone from wanting to kill someone else and also from acting on it? You can nuke the middle east and wipe out entire regions, but then you'll generate more home grown extremists that react to the destruction of their ancestral lands or to the acts of genocide against other people. Everyone thinks their world view is "right," we in the west think our way of life should be the global standard, just just cultures in the middle east believe they have it nailed down, as do the cultures of Asia, as did the Nazi's in the 1930's as did the monks of Tibet in the 1980's.

As I said before, I think the big take away is enjoy each day (there are no guarantees) and try to focus on the good in life. There's always people out there that do terrible, horrible things. Unfortunately that's a part of humanity we've had since day one and will be with us until the last day of the human race. As far as what do we do when things like this happen? I don't know. I am all for protecting your own people and interests. Will it get ride of the problem 100%? I'm not convinced that it does. But I do share and understand the feeling of frustration and seemingly apparent government inaction.

But but but "he's not religious!"

image.png

Dont jump to conclusions! Im sure Obama and Hillary have a perfectly good explanation for us.

edit - quoted wrong post;

Blaming the masses because of the actions of a few is dim witted. RIP to all those involved.

You shouldn't blame people (muslims) but you should blame and critisize ideas (Islam, and religion in general). No ones "faith" or beliefs should be beyond question and critisizm, particularly when it directly affects so many people. A terrorist attack is the most obvious (and almost cliche) example of this, but many of the rules and traditions brought about by religion are nonsensical and incovenient in the lightest of cases (ie praying several times a day) and downright barbaric in other cases (ie animal sacrifices, genital mutilation, psychological abuse towards children who are told they will burn for eternity for masturbating, not seeking medical help for a child and turning to "prayer" for healing, etc).

For as long as faith isnt questioned and everyone can do as they please in the guise of religion we'll be trapped in the past.

Having said that, religion may be the conduit of irrational thinking, but the catalyst for all of these attackes and the growth of ISIS can be directly attributed to the invasion of Iraq and the destabalization of the area...Saddam was ruthless but at least he kept shits like ISIS from popularizing. That war not only added a huge chunk to the US debt but left thousands of US soldiers dead and million of civilians dead as well and the only ones reaping the benefits are ISIS right now. I find it hard to understand how anyone can still support the invasion. If your concerns as a US citizen are the fiscal situation of the country and/or national security and/or support for the troops and their families then the Iraq war should be something that really boils your blood. In my opinion if you truly support your troops you should see war as the absolute last possible resort and only if its really knocking at your doorstep....Iraq was neither of those things.

Anyways enough of the rambling. Unfortunately these threads can and will easily become political threads and it's unavoidable to some extent. ultimately anyone who just wants to pick one single reason for all terrorist attacks just isnt taking the big picture into account.

On the subject of political threads, its unfortunate that people can't seem to talk politics without getting at each others throats. I think more than ever, particularly in the US which has become so divided over the past decade, political discussion should be encouraged but both sides need to stay level headed and calm ( this would require heavy moderation). Political parties have become too much like gangs and no ones willing to listen to the other side and no one is willing to criticize their own side.

Sorry for the long post, basically wrote it during my train ride home lol

"Oh you must be the guy the police go to for help, what with them at the point of writing not able to link the driver to a group and no group has claimed responsibility."

Kind of pisses on your thinking now.

Nah... maybe you're more up to speed or tuned in now. If not, let me help you out Captain.

I think it was Israel several years back that did research on the motivations of suicide bombers. They were surprised to find a high percentage of them were not especially religious. Turns out they were just plain-ol' ordinary depressed and suicidal.

Problem is, in Islamic society, there is a powerful taboo against suicide. It is an automatic ticket to Hell, where the suicidee spends eternity trapped in the act of killing themselves. It also brings devastating shame on the family, and severely damages their reputation. Suicide is simply unthinkable, maybe in a literal sense for some of them.

But a death found while striking a blow against the infidel is a fast lane to Paradise. So if your death was not the result of simply an effort to kill yourself, but an act of war that happened to result in your death, then you go to Heaven and your family gets to celebrate you as a martyr.

So, maybe the best way of dealing with the terrorist problem would be to do some sort of worldwide public service ads for the Islamic world that introduce the idea "If you want to die, it's A-okay to suck a pistol, swallow a bottle of oxycontin, cut your wrists, and swan dive off the highest bridge. Maybe all at the same time. We won't judge."

And this just in case you haven't see this:

I get your premise, I really do but it's just not hitting the current state of Islam. I mean, for real dawg, why are there not 100 Million muslims on a world wide conference or stage TODAY denouncing this ONGOING ,HORRIFIC slaughter?