Buyer Beware: Perfomante at Mclaren of Scottsdale

I Wanted Lambopower members to be aware of a white Perfomante that has been listed for sale at Mclaren Scottsdale. VIN# ZHWGU8AJ4BLA10955

It was bought in beautiful condition and was subject to some harsh use.

In one years time the car added 20,000 miles on its odometer

It was taken on the Goldrush road rally across country

The suspension was removed and replaced with air bags that raised and lowered the car so the wheels would sit below the fenders

The exhaust was changed and ive witnessed it ejecting quite a big black smoke under acceleration

It was driven into the great salt lake (extremely heavy salt water content) to do doughnuts and was driven in deep enough that salt water washed above the door line at several points.

I'd hate to see a member here get involved in a car that's been used and abused. I'd hope that the dealership is aware of the cars past and would disclose it to anyone looking.

http://www.mclarenscottsdale.com/used/Lamb...a178b25fdab.htm

Article about the car being driven in the lake. The video has been deleted by the uploader as it caused a ton of controversy for the owner when it was posted. I'm sure it's on the internet somewhere:

http://www.motoringexposure.com/37384/guy-...ol-or-something

Here's the car sitting with the air suspension lowered

post-60315-1470702704_thumb.jpg

Photos of it in the great salt lake when it had a camo wrap put on it.

post-60315-1470702869_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1470702916_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1470702936_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1470702974_thumb.png

post-60315-1470702999.jpeg

I hate that sort of douchebaggery, give exotic owners a bad name! Good job Robster on disclosing what you know in order to protect a potential buyer. :icon_thumleft:

People still do GR? What a waste of time and money

I know. They should sit home and wipe their Cars down with a diaper .....

F that shit. Goldrush is fun. It's for people who drive their cars. Men who don't mind driving 10-12 hours a day at speeds approaching and above 200mph. Then party in the best places and do it again.

How come the people who talk shit are neve the ones who do it?

F that shit. Goldrush is fun. It's for people who drive their cars. Men who don't mind driving 10-12 hours a day at speeds approaching and above 200mph. Then party in the best places and do it again.

Who wouldn't want to party all night then drive all day at "speeds approaching and above 200mph" on public highways? Sounds like a badass way to lose everything for a party.

Post number one and you come

Out swimging

What's the point of owning these cars and not driving them they way they were made to be driven? I'm not saying go 200 anywhere near civilization. But in the middle of Utah where I went 200+ with nobody around to kill but myself and my copilot. Why not. Gotta live life man. And if you haven't rallied for real, then you're missing out my man

What's the point of owning these cars and not driving them they way they were made to be driven? I'm not saying go 200 anywhere near civilization. But in the middle of Utah where I went 200+ with nobody around to kill but myself and my copilot. Why not. Gotta live life man. And if you haven't rallied for real, then you're missing out my man
Seriously?

If you want to drive it as intended - go to a race track.

I don't think any manufacturer (exotic or otherwise) intends their car to be driven in a salt lake.

That's idiotic.

I'm not driving anything in a lake. And not sure what he was thinking on that one. I'll ask him. And find me a racetrack I can go 200+ on and I'm there. But that's a short list

I have been on Goldrush. BC almost took my life along with the guy I was in the car with. He did something so unbelievably dangerous, and came within inches (and I literally mean inches) of killing over a dozen people in his white Bugatti. No thanks man. Those rallies can be fun, that one was not. That said, maybe it is just me, but I will never do one again after that experience. It is just a matter of time for you guys, and I don't want to be around when your number is called by someone taking insane risks for nothing.

Guy bought a car and had fun with it (in his own way) who gives a flying fcuk. However, the dealer should be advertising that this isn't a prime car, which is not going to happen. It's not the guy's fault, it's the shady dealer''s fault.

I know the new GM Scottsdale just hired, I'll give him the heads up if he doesn't already have it.

[/quote

Send him the pictures from this thread with the car in the salt water.

As long as they price it appropriately, it may be a good buy.

You guys are being way too critical. It's a mass produced car that is worth about the same as a new S class, at this point. Who cares if the owner wanted to use it as a submarine . . . its his car.

That said, I am sure that guy is a douche bag.

As long as they price it appropriately, it may be a good buy.

You guys are being way too critical. It's a mass produced car that is worth about the same as a new S class, at this point. Who cares if the owner wanted to use it as a submarine . . . its his car.

That said, I am sure that guy is a douche bag.

I think the point was to let LP know of the car's history so if anyone looks at it and negotiated a deal thinking it was just a car that had miles on it would know that it it has more of a story. I can't imagine the corrosion that is inside after being driven through the salt lake.

I think the point was to let LP know of the car's history so if anyone looks at it and negotiated a deal thinking it was just a car that had miles on it would know that it it has more of a story. I can't imagine the corrosion that is inside after being driven through the salt lake.

Getting the scoop on cars like this is one of the things that makes LP great!