Aventador S uncamo'd

Sup

They will strech the Aventador until the end of times (where are the guys who were preaching a 4000 units run? LOL) like they did with the Gallardo, they have to be more dynamic and release new models in shorter cycles 10 years is an enternity in car years also I am not talking about new models which are virtually the same but with different sticker kit on them.

They need the DCT in the Aventador no doubt about it the single clutch is ok but it's archaic. The car would be an absolute monster with DCT, they could recycle the model just by doing this small change because it would completely change the character of the car.

Absolutely NO DCT!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read somewhere an interview with the new CEO where he talked about how super duper special editions like Centenario, Veneno etc, would no longer be required because of the Urus SUV if it succeeded in sales.

I'd be shocked if DCT appeared in the refresh, doesn't make any financial sense for Lambo at all, plus it would fcuk over all the current A and ASV owners, I would be pissed. A few new panels yes okay, but changing the transmission would be a kick in the balls to all of us. Furthermore, an Aventador S SV would be pretty shitty for the 1100 SV owners too.

I am averaging 37000 miles a year on Aventadors (I'm on my 4th) I will have 90k miles by the time this body style changes at this rate.

remember when the AV SV came out... fair to say I was a big fan and this entire "posting" populace was not feeling it. I had drank the coolade then and I am still an SV fan.

I just love the wing and I am preparing a total ... reworking of the car as a rally car for 2017...

right now! big plans to cross country a few times in 2017 and to circle the globe in 2018

I cant wait for the reveal ... it always involves a dozen naked women and a party ... lately we enjoy lighting people on fire and some other special effects.

hit 200 yesterday ..

post-93516-1481671367_thumb.jpg

post-93516-1481671374.jpg

I'd be shocked if DCT appeared in the refresh, doesn't make any financial sense for Lambo at all, plus it would fcuk over all the current A and ASV owners, I would be pissed. A few new panels yes okay, but changing the transmission would be a kick in the balls to all of us. Furthermore, an Aventador S SV would be pretty shitty for the 1100 SV owners too.

Very very doubtful that DCT will be available for the AV-S. The AV-S SV, on the other hand, isn't too far fetch. In theory, that's a MY2019 car for the coupe and MY2020 for the roadster. By then the initial aura for the SV would have diminished quite a bit and; hate to say it; Ferrari, McLaren and perhaps even Porsche likely have come up with something that would out-perform the LP750. This would give all the excuses for Lambo to do another SV model; perhaps a final-edition for the Aventador series? Wishful thinking perhaps but how about an Aventador S-Jota?

Very very doubtful that DCT will be available for the AV-S. The AV-S SV, on the other hand, isn't too far fetch. In theory, that's a MY2019 car for the coupe and MY2020 for the roadster. By then the initial aura for the SV would have diminished quite a bit and; hate to say it; Ferrari, McLaren and perhaps even Porsche likely have come up with something that would out-perform the LP750. This would give all the excuses for Lambo to do another SV model; perhaps a final-edition for the Aventador series? Wishing thinking perhaps but how about an Aventador S-Jota?

I think you're correct friend, maybe an SV type farewell vehicle with hopped up power on the same aging chassis like we see from all production cycle endings. Hopefully they don't call it SV though but like most things no point in worrying twice about things, let's just wait and see what they do.

On another note the A has aged well (much like myself), we are entering 2017 on a 2012 introduction (late 2011 deliveries began I think?), it still looks pretty good.

New spyshots of the roadster...

Lamborghini-Aventador-Facelift-010.jpg

Lamborghini-Aventador-Facelift-009.jpg

Lamborghini-Aventador-Facelift-008.jpg

Lamborghini-Aventador-Facelift-007.jpg

Lamborghini-Aventador-Facelift-004.jpg

News has filtered down of a more powerful Lamborghini Aventador S which will arrive in 2017. The facelift Aventador will pack some visual upgrades inspired by the SV and SV Roadster together with performance improvements to bridge the gap between the insane special edition model and the outgoing first generation Aventador; much like the LP640 did for the Murcielago!

Invited have allegedly been sent out for a January release. The Aventador was first released in 2011 so is due for a refresh. It is likely to receive new technology with the official release planned to demonstrate this at the Ricardo Tormo Formula 1 track in Valencia, Spain.

The Lamborghini Aventador S is expected to feature the same naturally aspirated V12 powerplant as its predecessor. The 6.5 litre unit will likely produce around 740 hp to avoid matching the performance of the Aventador SV. It is also expected that the new Lamborghini will get a rear-wheel steering system.

The design is likely to be evolutionary rather than revolutionary. Adding more aggression to an already aggressive package. It is unlikely to feature a numerical designation like the LP700-4 that cam before it.

We will bring you more details as and when they arrive!

As the Aventador SV has already been done, how about an Aventador GT or Aventador LM as a swansong in a year or two ... even more aggressive styling, more power (+800hp for instance).

The Aventador LP700-4 was introduced in 2011 it could mean the Aventador model will survive until 2019 or 2021 easily, by the time the first Aventador S are delivered we are talking about a 2017 model, perhaps the S Roadster in late 2017 or early 2018 ... keep in production for at least 4 years and we are already 2012 ... add a new, limited, more powerful model two years later in March 2019 with deliveries from the Summer of 2019 and by March 2021 we are probably seeing a real successor to the Aventador.

A totally new model, with DCT and perhaps even some hybrid power ... but I do think timing will take the Aventador to 2021 easily before we get a replacement V12 flagship.

The interior will be amazing!

It'll be updated with better Nav and bigger screen like the one from Centennario!

The new ome will look 10 times better inside, that I can guarantee.....

Supposedly the Aventador S will have the new touchscreen system seen in the Centenario...

Quite sure that you gents are going to be rather disappointed.

Quite sure that you gents are going to be rather disappointed.

I heard yesterday that there will not be a Centenario touch screen in the S.

Some Apple Car Play however is available?

I'm kind of glad the S don't have the fancy Centenario nav infotainment system.

Absolutely NO DCT!

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: For me the single clutch is what gives the Aventador it's feel and character. Compared to the H the Aventador is another level of savage and alive. DCT cars are just to smooth and don't feel as alive as the single clutch.

Absolutely NO DCT!

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: For me the single clutch is what gives the Aventador it's feel and character. Compared to the H the Aventador is another level of savage and alive. DCT cars are just to smooth and don't feel as alive as the single clutch.

Nothing for you gents to worry about then.

:icon_thumleft:

So is the Aventador S been introduced on Dec 19th?

Yes. A few privileged clients had been briefed on what's new, pricing as well as being shown the final looks of the car by one of the corporate top brasses.

Yes. A few privileged clients had been briefed on what's new, pricing as well as being shown the final looks of the car by one of the corporate top brasses.

I didn't think the pricing is all that bad! I believe a lot will be surprised how well Lambo had priced this new Aventador S coupe.

I didn't think the pricing is all that bad! I believe a lot will be surprised how well Lambo had priced this new Aventador S coupe.

Yes and no. The MSRP isn't bad at all. But dig deeper and one will soon see that some costs on the options had substantially increased. And who would want a base car? When all is said and done, the number may not be as easy to swallow as initially thought, especially when Ad Personam is involved.

Yes and no. The MSRP isn't bad at all. But dig deeper and one will soon see that some costs on the options had substantially increased. And who would want a base car? When all is said and done, the number may not be as easy to swallow as initially thought, especially when Ad Personam is involved.

I agree. I was briefed. Initially thought not bad--Ad Personam is :eusa_wall: but hey, most of us will do it because its what we do. :drunk:

That's so true, you always fall in the options trap :icon_mrgreen:

Also I love how they are bundled, you want that? Oh you also have to get the other three crappy things you don't want or need.

Aventador S

The next generation of the V12 Lamborghini flagship

New iconic design features focused on aerodynamic performance

New four-wheel steering system

Significantly enhanced suspension and electronics,

and customisable driving modes

More powerful naturally aspirated V12 engine outputting 740 hp

0-100km/h in 2.9 seconds, top speed of 350 km/h

740-hp-lamborghini-aventador-s-mixes-4-w