emilio

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Pirelli responded first it seems:

http://www.tyrepress.com/2017/03/lamborghi...trofeo-r-tyres/

Trofeo Rs and:

Wonder how all haters will respond to this, when there was someone else present at the record attempt observing it.

Custom trofeo R just for this attempt? Matches closer and closer to what I am suggesting, and what has historically shown to be true. Tires are everything on the track, far more so than the fairly minimal downforce that this car is producing. These will probably be offered as an option; they have different sizes than the standard Corsa if I'm not reading incorrectly. I do think the full blown racing seat played a lot into this record. There's a lot of support for the driver and that is everything on a track like the 'Ring.

Custom trofeo R just for this attempt? Matches closer and closer to what I am suggesting, and what has historically shown to be true. Tires are everything on the track, far more so than the fairly minimal downforce that this car is producing. These will probably be offered as an option; they have different sizes than the standard Corsa if I'm not reading incorrectly. I do think the full blown racing seat played a lot into this record. There's a lot of support for the driver and that is everything on a track like the 'Ring.

You heard it here first folks. The drivers seat is responsible for a 6:52 lap time :eusa_wall:

Is this Wheels's second screen name on LP?

You are grasping at straws and your hands are greasy, the tires were specifically developed by Pirelli for the Performante and they will be available to all customer cars.

I tell you want, since you think the tires and the race seat ROFLAMO :lol2: made the difference, I will buy you a set of tires and the race seat of your choice, you can strap them to whichever car you want but you better bring me a God damn ring record.

Unbelievable!

i just ordered the special 6.52 ring seat! 25k ad personam option. hugs massages and cups your ballz at the same time while doing 200mph;)

Could this be hiding under the camouflage of the Nürburgring record-breaking Huracan Performante ... I rather like these 5 bolt wheels by the way.

huracan_performante_record_11.jpg

i just ordered the special 6.52 ring seat! 25k ad personam option. hugs massages and cups your ballz at the same time while doing 200mph;)

:lol2:

On a separate note.

I made the mistake of reading the Performante thread on McLife, damn I thought Ferrari owners were bad :icon_mrgreen:

I am starting to like McLaren more and more but I am not sure I want to be associated with that crowd.

It seems the most of the accountants migrated from Porsche and started buying Macs, ohh the maths in that thread, I needed pain killers after reading, the only thing they didn't have in that thread was NASA experts giving their opinions.

Could this be hiding under the camouflage of the Nürburgring record-breaking Huracan Performante ... I rather like these 5 bolt wheels by the way.

You are very close, I can't wait for your configurator to be up :eusa_dance:

Front is different from memory. Very close all up though.

Oh, and that nasty black plastic is everywhere. More than you are showing. Makes the car look cheaper than a standard H. And you can't even spec it in CF :eusa_wall:

If you want to go even faster the 50K option is super lightweight, no seats and they just velcro you to the floor.

You honestly think a standard road seat will support properly for a balls out run on the Nurburgring? Why do you think that seat is in there? First mod any track junky does is seat and a harness. I've heard racing drivers are forced to use ultra supportive seats against their will. It doesn't help at all with additional feel or anything

Did anyone see what Lambo posted on Twitter? It's not custom tires. The tires are Trofeo Rs that will be available for customers.

Did anyone see what Lambo posted on Twitter? It's not custom tires. The tires are Trofeo Rs that will be available for customers.

Yep, and they are the biggest performance upgrade on this car vs the standard huracan

If you want to go even faster the 50K option is super lightweight, no seats and they just velcro you to the floor.

i ordered the velcro option w/red stitching but they said it would push back my delivery :( so i went for the 200mph ring seat!

You honestly think a standard road seat will support properly for a balls out run on the Nurburgring? Why do you think that seat is in there? First mod any track junky does is seat and a harness. I've heard racing drivers are forced to use ultra supportive seats against their will. It doesn't help at all with additional feel or anything

I can't help but laugh at your post. Race car drivers aren't forced to use anything, a racing seat holds you in place so that you don't get tossed around in the car and concentrate on driving , it is common sense.

I can't help but laugh at your post. Race car drivers aren't forced to use anything, a racing seat holds you in place so that you don't get tossed around in the car and concentrate on driving , it is common sense.

The race seat which comes standard is just as supportive, this guy is either 12 or he just loves to troll.

Very convincing argument based on what you have heard! :rolleyes: :lol2:

"forced to use...against their will"??!! What planet are you from and what are you smoking? :eusa_think:

Very convincing argument based on what you have heard! :rolleyes: :lol2:

"forced to use...against their will"??!! What planet are you from and what are you smoking? :eusa_think:

Crack is a wonderful drug , so I HAVE HEARD.

Crack is a wonderful drug , so I HAVE HEARD.

I see what you did there. :D :icon_thumleft:

Lamborghini owners and enthusiasts must be a very hard working bunch... :icon_mrgreen:

I simply cannot believe some people actually have the time to take apart a 7min film frame by frame; spliced it with other videos; analyzed and criticized it to death based entirely on personal biased assumptions and then posted up their own opinions on it. Some even took the time to answer to the comments posted. Just reading some of the posts nearly made me fell asleep already and I knew what it's like to take a video apart frame by frame or at least every 5 frames. Granted that some of these people make money from their posts but it isn't exactly mega bucks. They all seem to have no life at all! :eusa_wall:

I see what you did there. :D :icon_thumleft:

Lamborghini owners and enthusiasts must be a very hard working bunch... :icon_mrgreen:

I simply cannot believe some people actually have the time to take apart a 7min film frame by frame; spliced it with other videos; analyzed and criticized it to death based entirely on personal biased assumptions and then posted up their own opinions on it. Some even took the time to answer to the comments posted. Just reading some of the posts nearly made me fell asleep already and I knew what it's like to take a video apart frame by frame or at least every 5 frames. Granted that some of these people make money from their posts but it isn't exactly mega bucks. They all seem to have no life at all! :eusa_wall:

I agree, sometimes I struggle to find time to have lunch, I honestly don't understand how some have so much time on their hands to dedicate at fighting windmills, I must be working too hard but I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

I agree, sometimes I struggle to find time to have lunch, I honestly don't understand how some have so much time on their hands to dedicate at fighting windmills, I must be working too hard but I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

The dude is a loser

Jebus, it's a bloody LAP TIME! The hater comments were amusing a few days ago but now some of the comments I've been reading are getting beyond ridiculous. Some people really need to relax and wait until the car is officially released with all the tech specs before coming up with ridiculous conspiracy theories.

It's called sarcasm. Obviously full on racing seats provide significant function to how a driver can perform. It wouldn't have been used otherwise

No, the stock seat does not have as much torso or thigh support as something like this

http://www.tunersgroup.com/images/large/large1327.jpg