huracan "performante" coming

emilio

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, he talks as if it is just more HP and less weight, yet fails to realize that the aerodynamic system is far superior to any other road car.

Except that it isn't. It's nowhere near what it would need to be to shave off 20+ seconds. Tire development got the majority of this laptime

20+ secs? Where did you get that from? Lambo themselves never tested it.

20+ secs? Where did you get that from? Lambo themselves never tested it.

another keyboard miracle: there will be many more... :D

ciao

i have to call fake news on this

from 7:26 to 6:52 ?! LOL

come on now

Well one time is by a magazine and the other a manufacturer. Porsche did 6:57 in the 918 and the magazine SportAuto did a 7:13.

Well one time is by a magazine and the other a manufacturer. Porsche did 6:57 in the 918 and the magazine SportAuto did a 7:13.

I guess nobody from SportAuto had a death wish LOL

The internet is in turmoil, Lambo will likely be responding on monday.

So many "experts" so many keyboard warriors, I hate the social media, anybody can say whatever they please without one ounce of accountability.

They are beeing contrarian and controversial for the sake of notoriety, shouldn't they provide proof via independent tests before they state their opinions as fact?

Oh the world we live in!

Except that it isn't. It's nowhere near what it would need to be to shave off 20+ seconds. Tire development got the majority of this laptime

You are talking through your ass as usual without a shred of evidence or first hand knowledge of the situation, just go back to McLaren life and continue this nonsense there.

So many "experts" so many keyboard warriors, I hate the social media, anybody can say whatever they please without one ounce of accountability.

They are beeing contrarian and controversial for the sake of notoriety, shouldn't they provide proof via independent tests before they state their opinions as fact?

Oh the world we live in!

Well the source notoriety has changed and click-bait rules.

Some people have raised some good points re the video, some points hard to ignore. I too think how does this V10, the Performante is bargain hypercar performance and the claim is made even more surprising given the performance of the standard Huracan against its segment rivals.

So I think questioning is the correct thing to do.

Is the result irrelevant? I don't think people will buy a car based on the result.

I think it offers a benchmark but it is not a fair benchmark. Too many variables. But all the cars that have set a benchmark before have never been subjected to such scrutiny as each and everyday passes we are able to break the data down in different ways.

I think the politest thing to say is that Lambo have been naive in how they have presented the proof.

I said this before, us mere mortals who buy those cars have very little to no chance achieving lap times the pros do, even if one possesses the required skills the sense of self preservation kicks in way before you get there so you are right, it is highly irrelevant IMO anyway.

What gets under my skin is how people are being contrarian for personal gain without any evidence, Johny doesn't need to back his opinion up anymore, he can just say whatever he pleases without being held accountable or having to explain himself, our society is completely screwed up and it's getting worse by the day, sure if you have evidence to back your claims up I am all ears and I take my hat off to you but just trumpeting through your ass for more followers is simply irritating.

Tough times for VW, first it was the diesel gate scandal and now this lol.

I can't wait until the tech info they shared at the private launch gets released next week because it'll further piss off the haters and Lambo will probably get even more claims about faking everything about the Perf.

That been said I'm in the opinion that we should all wait until the production car is out and let reviewers get a chance to test it. Yes, numbers have been off before because MT tested the SV around Big Willow and it was slower than the Huracan but I remember Johnny saying it was the tires on the SV that slowed it down. Lets just wait and see.

after seeing the car, speaking to the reps and learning about the aero I feel this ring time is 100% accurate.

look at what dodge has recently accomplished with mainly aero and tires with the acr.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...t&p=1271524

At the risk of sounding arrogant, my coin, my choice, my car. If they are just keyboard warriors, then they are exactly that. They can all go thump their chests in cyberspace while I go driving. For those who have a 918 or whatever, nice and more power to you. I certainly am not going to say my car is faster than your car etc... as I'm not in for a pissing contest. Whatever you want to say matters not to me. I like, I buy, I enjoy and I may even share. You don't like that then fine, we agree to disagree and go our own separate ways.

I would enjoy it if lambo were trolling people for publicity and then smashed it with an even quicker time.

I'm amazed by the performance given what is really minimal active aero and a small power bump.

Great driver and tyres matter for a lot I reckon but they coudnt risk putting it out there if it coudnt deliver and good for them.

Other manufacturers have been fiddling stuff for years and people seem to love it.

So Pirelli responded first it seems:

http://www.tyrepress.com/2017/03/lamborghi...trofeo-r-tyres/

Trofeo Rs and:

Together with Lamborghini’s research and development team, the Pirelli engineers responsible for developing specific tyres for the Huracan Performante were also present at the track when the record was broken.

Wonder how all haters will respond to this, when there was someone else present at the record attempt observing it.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...t&p=1271524

At the risk of sounding arrogant, my coin, my choice, my car. If they are just keyboard warriors, then they are exactly that. They can all go thump their chests in cyberspace while I go driving. For those who have a 918 or whatever, nice and more power to you. I certainly am not going to say my car is faster than your car etc... as I'm not in for a pissing contest. Whatever you want to say matters not to me. I like, I buy, I enjoy and I may even share. You don't like that then fine, we agree to disagree and go our own separate ways.

:iamwithstupid:

I am a car nut, I'd love a 918, P1, CGT and I can go on and on and on, I don't care what's faster or slower, if it's a sports car I am pretty sure I'd want it :icon_mrgreen:

The internet bullshit is hilarious. The dude that dissected the Huracan lap breaking record video has no life , 7 MIN, 6.52, 6.30 or whatever the stupid figure is means shit in real life driving, all these cars are crazy fast .

So fuckin happy Pirelli shut everyone the fcuk up. I'm willing to bet someone independent eventually runs the HP and goes in the 6:50's!