Spent some time with a 675Lt, 993Gt3RS, 991 Turbo and my Murci

Got to spend sometime with all of them.

First the 675. In bright green, its certainly stunning. Oddly, out on the road people pass right by it to look at my Murcielago. Getting in and out , is a huge pain in the ass. Once inside, it is very snug, yet comfy. Car is very quiet, and very fast. Its soo easy to drive, that we were doing full acceleration runs with one hand on the wheel, and having a conversation. We tried to Vbox it, but we could not get a satellite signal. The car is very fast, but these days all cars are fast. In several races with the modded GT3RS, from say a first gear roll, you need triple digit speeds to see the 675 start to pull away. The Gt3rs had exhaust and headers. In a dead stop race with LC, the 675 could not pull the Gt3RS till they hit 3rd gear.

The GT3RS Ive experienced a few times. Great cars, love how they look, but unless you are doing alot of track time, Id personally prefer a Turbo.

The 991 Turbo (not S) was modded. It had intercoolers, exhaust, headers and tune. In a race 60-140 with the 675, the Porsche front bumper was at the 675's door. I was very impressed with the 991 Turbo.

Ultimately I walked away from the 675 thinking that if you wanted a Mclaren, there was no reason to spend 400k on a 675 when a 650S feels pretty much the same for 1/2 the price. Even though the 675 is fast, it didnt excite me. I honestly preferred getting back in my Murcielago. The Murci may not be as fast, but with the manual transmission, I like to feel like Im the one driving the car, not a computer. Plus the Murcielago with Fabspeed exhaust sounds incredible. Score Murcielago 1 - Mclaren 0

First the 675. In bright green, its certainly stunning. Oddly, out on the road people pass right by it to look at my Murcielago.

No shocker there. Nothing has "Lambo Presence" except for Lambos. Nice write up! I agree, McLaren's are fast cars and are very solid, but they aren't exciting to drive.

^

All the current mclaren line is really similar as well. I doubt a non-car person can identify them. Damn even I can't identify them properly, they all look the same. No doubt they're fast that's for sure. I've seen a few mclarens but I'm always more attracted to the lambos, and the people around seems to agree since the spotters are running more after the lambo than the mclaren

Mclaren = technosteer

Will be interesting to hear more feedback on the 720S.

Well the Perf knocked not it out of the park andddd looks the schiznit (SOUNDS, LOOKS & NOW PERFORMS) :icon_thumleft:

spot on!

I owned a GT3RS for 6 months and I will say great car, but for 250k it absolutely sucked getting passed (turns and straight) by viper acr's for half the price.

I walked away with my ballz in my hand LOL

Fuckin right doggie! Gated Murc FTW! I absolutely can't stand paddle gt3 and rs. And yes, I've driven both. Couldn't hate what that car's about any more than i do. I am also a car guy to the 10th degree. I'm not sure if i saw a 675 on the street, that i could tell it was a 675 or 650. It would take me a second to tell it's not a P1. Then between the other 2 I'd need to get close. 12C and 570 at easier to pick. The Mac speed is great, but.... I'd rather have the lamb.

First the 675. In bright green, its certainly stunning. Oddly, out on the road people pass right by it to look at my Murcielago. Getting in and out , is a huge pain in the ass. Once inside, it is very snug, yet comfy. Car is very quiet, and very fast. Its soo easy to drive, that we were doing full acceleration runs with one hand on the wheel, and having a conversation. We tried to Vbox it, but we could not get a satellite signal. The car is very fast, but these days all cars are fast. In several races with the modded GT3RS, from say a first gear roll, you need triple digit speeds to see the 675 start to pull away. The Gt3rs had exhaust and headers. In a dead stop race with LC, the 675 could not pull the Gt3RS till they hit 3rd gear.

The GT3RS Ive experienced a few times. Great cars, love how they look, but unless you are doing alot of track time, Id personally prefer a Turbo.

The 991 Turbo (not S) was modded. It had intercoolers, exhaust, headers and tune. In a race 60-140 with the 675, the Porsche front bumper was at the 675's door. I was very impressed with the 991 Turbo.

Ultimately I walked away from the 675 thinking that if you wanted a Mclaren, there was no reason to spend 400k on a 675 when a 650S feels pretty much the same for 1/2 the price. Even though the 675 is fast, it didnt excite me. I honestly preferred getting back in my Murcielago. The Murci may not be as fast, but with the manual transmission, I like to feel like Im the one driving the car, not a computer. Plus the Murcielago with Fabspeed exhaust sounds incredible. Score Murcielago 1 - Mclaren 0

I have been preaching this for years now. I have tried every car out there right now, and nothing gives me the feeling the Murcielago gives me. It is not blistering fast, it can not tear up the twists, but it is a raw animal of a car. Overtime I drive the murcielago I am exhausted afterwards. I barely ever want to drive back home in it. Missing the LP640 more and more.

I have been preaching this for years now. I have tried every car out there right now, and nothing gives me the feeling the Murcielago gives me. It is not blistering fast, it can not tear up the twists, but it is a raw animal of a car. Overtime I drive the murcielago I am exhausted afterwards. I barely ever want to drive back home in it. Missing the LP640 more and more.

I hear you James and agree 100%...this is why I have two lp640's lol

You have been saying this since you got rid of yours and I think it's time to get another Murc!

What you driving now James? The R8 still?? You should def get another Murc before they go up more... I personally know 3 guys actively looking now. I think in 1 year they will be up another solid 10%.

Great review.

Having driven the 650 myself and being passenger in the 675. I agree. The doors are cool, its impossible to get in and out of, and I was just not blown away by the car.

I have a 991.2 Turbo. Few bolt on parts, and its a great car. However, I find myself almost daily looking to trade it for another Lamborghini.

The Turbo, and the 650/675 just drive themselves. It is point, and click. Next thing you know, you are there.

I of course do not have the Merci... but my Gallardo is gated. I love that feeling, and the clank sound I hear on shifts.

The GT3RS is on my bucket list. But only because A) I love the wing, and B ) I have enjoyed many of my less powerful P cars more than my turbo. As they are not so potent, and one must drive them just a little bit more.

Just my $0.02

Mike

Allan do you think the fact that the shifter in the Murcielago hasn't been cleaned with Clorox had anything to do with the race results?

Yes! It made me shift faster...

Btw in a race with another stock GT3RS where we were able to line up equally with my Murci, the Gt3rs gets about a car length on me from 50-135. Its the shifts that give the Gt3rs the advantage. I think at higher speeds the Murci will reel the Gt3rs back in.

No surprise really.

The Mac's had always been very fast cars but they also always have this clinical/sterile feel to them. Even on the P1, you just don't feel connected to the car; they almost have a video-game-feel to them.

Yes! It made me shift faster...

Btw in a race with another stock GT3RS where we were able to line up equally with my Murci, the Gt3rs gets about a car length on me from 50-135. Its the shifts that give the Gt3rs the advantage. I think at higher speeds the Murci will reel the Gt3rs back in.

Any chance to get numbers out of the Murci? Sounds like your cars a very healthy one.

I don't like any of the cars you tested, all boring, same shit different day. The murci is barely ok , the exhaust note makes up for the car being a tank.

I don't like any of the cars you tested, all boring, same shit different day. The murci is barely ok , the exhaust note makes up for the car being a tank.

The Murci has grown on me since I got the Fabspeed exhaust. Now, everyone cant believe how good it sounds. I like the car.

Any chance to get numbers out of the Murci? Sounds like your cars a very healthy one.

My vbox is too old and antiquated. I think I need a new one. My Murci is also not stock, its got full exhaust and Evoms ECU. On a few runs with Lp640's they seemed slower than my Murci.

The only new car Id want is an Aventador. When a 2013 Avey hits around 200k, Ill buy one... Otherwise I stick with the oldies..

spot on!

I owned a GT3RS for 6 months and I will say great car, but for 250k it absolutely sucked getting passed (turns and straight) by viper acr's for half the price.

I walked away with my ballz in my hand LOL

I was eyeing an RS for a while, would've gotten UV like cake! Awesome piece of machinery.

But if we're taking about P cars Allan, it'd only be fair if you reviewed the CGT in this list!

You have to admit, that takes the cake!

I was eyeing an RS for a while, would've gotten UV like cake! Awesome piece of machinery.

But if we're taking about P cars Allan, it'd only be fair if you reviewed the CGT in this list!

You have to admit, that takes the cake!

Ahh the CGT... Id rather wash the CGT, then drive the Mclaren :icon_mrgreen:

Truthfully I have not had a chance to really drive the CGT the way it was intended. Ive been on vacation for most of Jan and February and have only had a day here and there to take it for a ride. That being said, the CGT is simply amazing. Last week I took the Countach out, and then hopped in the CGT. Both extremely exciting to drive, but both so completely different. After driving the Lambo ( any of them) the CGT feels almost jittery. The reason is, you only need a miniscule of the input required to turn the Lambo, for the CGT to respond instantly. Im slowly getting over the cars stigma of being a deathtrap . Laying into the throttle in first and second, and the CGT is instantly sideways. Simply hold the peddle down and it hooks up nicely and goes. The throttle response is instantaneous. The noise is to die for. Its extremely comfortable, although there is a bit of a blindspot when having to look left or right by the rear view mirrors.

Powerwise, the CGT is hindered by traction, but once you get going in 3rd, the car pulls very strong. I think it will run with most of everything today. On four point scales with a full tank of gas the car has been proven to weigh 3264lbs. On the Dyno, they all seem to make around 550-560 rwhp. My car has an exhaust, so I think it should be under 3200 lbs judging by how heavy the stock one is. I figure maybe a 20hp gain with exhaust. On 6Speed, they have a 60 to 130 list, and someone managed a 60 to 130 in the CGT of 6.87 sec, with the fastest time shown for the Aventador being 7.5. Thats pretty impressive for a 12 year old car.

I think your cgt needs an alignment allan. I'm assuming tires are correct make and model and new. I have A LOT of CGT miles on street and track. I can punch it hard at low speeds and the car just catapults forward. 0 sideways action ever in my experience. I never drive with traction on either. Not sure what else to say.

I think your cgt needs an alignment allan. I'm assuming tires are correct make and model and new. I have A LOT of CGT miles on street and track. I can punch it hard at low speeds and the car just catapults forward. 0 sideways action ever in my experience. I never drive with traction on either. Not sure what else to say.

I have new tires, and alignment was done not long ago.. You can punch it in first and not spin at all in cold weather?

I have new tires, and alignment was done not long ago.. You can punch it in first and not spin at all in cold weather?

I've never experienced that and I've had a few. With good tires and mild weather it should dead hook in second though.