Sayonara I mean Saiy bye... what drives these people?

kmr

Wasn't Allan saying that it takes a TON, TON of traffic to make any decent money with youtube and Instagram?

I remember this discussion back in the Himler/Thorgalsen days and their YT channels that had pretty decent traffic.

It certainly does take a lot of traffic but the barrier to entry is so low it appeals to a lot of people. Some just jump right in and hope something makes them a star. Seems the road this is person is taking. On the contrary there are many channels who produce actual great content and work hard to make a successful following.

I don't know enough about it but I think I remember hearing from others that 1 million+ subscribers on YouTube is where the good money starts coming in. Again, I'm no expert so I was even hesitant to say that but the point is, yes, lots of traffic. Have no idea about Instagram.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I personally know Sai.y...

and let me tell you, she is an amazing gal.We were on good terms until something absolutely crazy happened...

Like I was saying, we were having an argument and she went too far. She made a comment along the lines of "your loser father couldn't drive a manual and you can't either". When I was around 11, my parents got divorced and fought for custody. My dad wanted me and my brother because he genuinely loved us. My mom wanted us just to spite my dad. She won, and my dad kinda lost it over the decades.

This was too far for me. I had never, EVER hit a girl before, but it happened so fast I didn't even know I did it. I absolutely regretted it.

Basically, I cocked my fist back, and flew it straight into her nose. I thought it would be like the movies where she would get a little trickle of blood. It wasn't. Her nose EXPLODED. I think I must of broken a bunch of cartilage or something because blood shot out of both her nostrils, got all over me, got all over the floor. She staggered backwards, hit her head hard enough on the wall to leave a dent, and slumped down.

We were both stunned for about 10 seconds before she started crying hysterically and ran into my room and locked the door. So I went to wash my hands, and while I was in the bathroom I heard Sai run out of the house and take off in her GTR. That was about 5 hours ago so I guess she didn't call the cops or anything. So later I went home and broke down in tears.. My mom came in the room and when she heard about the story she got scared and said your moving with your auntie and uncle in bel air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say this cab is rare But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'

What kind of drugs are you on ?

It certainly does take a lot of traffic but the barrier to entry is so low it appeals to a lot of people. Some just jump right in and hope something makes them a star. Seems the road this is person is taking. On the contrary there are many channels who produce actual great content and work hard to make a successful following.

I don't know enough about it but I think I remember hearing from others that 1 million+ subscribers on YouTube is where the good money starts coming in. Again, I'm no expert so I was even hesitant to say that but the point is, yes, lots of traffic. Have no idea about Instagram.

It's about $3,000 (can vary up and down) per million views. So if you have a million subscribers, and can get a few million views a week, you can make a healthy income. Top channels can pull well over a million a year.

Back on topic, these threads were hilarious. In fact I have to thank Saigon for the entertainment. And it was BS from day 1. No normal/real human joins 5 or 6 or 7 forums, instagram, youtube all in days and starts posting like a psycho. Especially those that are self-made. Those people are busy continuing making themselves...

No normal/real human joins 5 or 6 or 7 forums, instagram, youtube all in days and starts posting like a psycho. Especially those that are self-made. Those people are busy continuing making themselves...

Good point!

So in sumnary, the car is likely real and arriving soon. One or a few people within the owner's circle spotted an opportunity for an individual to be a potential YT starlet and possibly generate a side income and thus came up with a scheme to brag about her "ownership". Only that it went too quick too far and too many channels and she was too naive to keep her mouth shut. The more she defended, the more she messed up and was exposed and the whole thing blew up.

And the flip side would be after the group learned their lessons, what if they've found a replacement girl and start the charade all over again but only to keep their mouths shut, one forum at a time and with a real physical car to show this time (with the new girl claiming she is the actual real owner)? :icon_mrgreen:

Good point!

So in sumnary, the car is likely real and arriving soon. One or a few people within the owner's circle spotted an opportunity for an individual to be a potential YT starlet and possibly generate a side income and thus came up with a scheme to brag about her "ownership". Only that it went too quick too far and too many channels and she was too naive to keep her mouth shut. The more she defended, the more she messed up and was exposed and the whole thing blew up.

And the flip side would be after the group learned their lessons, what if they've found a replacement girl and start the charade all over again but only to keep their mouths shut, one forum at a time and with a real physical car to show this time (with the new girl claiming she is the actual real owner)? :icon_mrgreen:

Next time, pick a hotter girl

Didn't we have a girl on here like 10 years ago making up a false life also? Supervixen or Fallon or some bs. I can't remember the names

Didn't we have a girl on here like 10 years ago making up a false life also? Supervixen or Fallon or some bs. I can't remember the names

Whatever happened to the race car chick? I cannot remember her name, and she was a model for Lamborghini or something. She tussled with Allan a bit, Ashley maybe???

Also, what happened to AMGGirl? She had a Murci and then I think ordered an LP, and then vanished.

Man... i don't even need someone who drives a lambo. But a gal who is into cars, works on them and loves them as much as me would be amazing. I'm starting to think it doesn't exist these days lol.

Man... i don't even need someone who drives a lambo. But a gal who is into cars, works on them and loves them as much as me would be amazing. I'm starting to think it doesn't exist these days lol.

Trust me, you do not want this.

I had a GF who shared too many of my interest and it was annoying AF.

That's me a least.

Whatever happened to the race car chick? I cannot remember her name, and she was a model for Lamborghini or something. She tussled with Allan a bit, Ashley maybe???

Also, what happened to AMGGirl? She had a Murci and then I think ordered an LP, and then vanished.

I think one of those had a dr boyfriend in Michigan that owned those cars, unless they got married she is probably back to the real world. That was a long time ago.

I think one of those had a dr boyfriend in Michigan that owned those cars, unless they got married she is probably back to the real world. That was a long time ago.

Correct, ex dr boyfriend (plastic surgeon) owned the cars. AMGGirl - Audrey - has been Kid Rock's gf - at least until 2015 - maybe still is.

That's me a least.

:iamwithstupid:

Was just having this very discussion yesterday with a coworker. He and his wife share a lot of similar interests, mostly outdoor activities, working on their Jeep, offroading, etc.

He said that when a couple share too much of the same interests it kills each one's identity.

It makes so much sense when you think about it.

Didn't really follow it as been busy but knew it was BS and insinuated as much in my post in the thread.

Silly cuntrag.

:iamwithstupid:

Was just having this very discussion yesterday with a coworker. He and his wife share a lot of similar interests, mostly outdoor activities, working on their Jeep, offroading, etc.

He said that when a couple share too much of the same interests it kills each one's identity.

It makes so much sense when you think about it.

It exists, but I kind of agree with the identity thing. I prefer a gal who's into yoga and fitness.

Driftchick

Racewife

It exists, but I kind of agree with the identity thing. I prefer a gal who's into yoga and fitness.

Driftchick

Racewife

That's why you have to go the route I've gone with the women I'm dating ...

She's a cart champion x 12, a gear head that works on her own cars and has restored several classics, and is a fitness enthusiast.

Half of our conversations are sending each other links and videos about cars

May have captured a unicorn

:icon_mrgreen:

That's why you have to go the route I've gone with the women I'm dating ...

She's a cart champion x 12, a gear head that works on her own cars and has restored several classics, and is a fitness enthusiast.

Half of our conversations are sending each other links and videos about cars

May have captured a unicorn

:icon_mrgreen:

Can she drive 200 yards with a 7 iron? :icon_mrgreen:

LOL

Totally true. I like women who are opposite, that I can learn from, who challenge me. Then, when its leisure time, we have our own interests we enjoy separately.

Sports girls were the worst. That is guy time, nothing more annyoing than a girl who like sports. You want the girl that enjoys cooking, so she hooks you up with the food for the game, then leaves you alone :lol2: . I went to all games with her. If I told her no, she threw a fit. Glad that relationship is over.

That's me a least.

I don't think everything should be on the same interests. But having some things in common is nice.