Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

Adding more HP and torque shouldn't be a problem at all. It's the politics that's in the way, Lambo has to ensure not to tick off the Centennario owners; at least spec-wise.

Shaving 100kg off from the SV for a fully legal road car is likely an impossible task.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Adding more HP and torque shouldn't be a problem at all. It's the politics that's in the way, Lambo has to ensure not to tick off the Centennario owners; at least spec-wise.

Shaving 100kg off from the SV for a fully legal road car is likely an impossible task.

I hear the same political sensitivity argument from some sales reps but Neither the Centenario nor any other Lambo model was designed as the track weapon to get a Ring lap record. So their purposes are different! They can make he SVJ Spartan and less luxurious than the Centenario to keep the owners thinking "oh hell, I would not buy that track thing in a million years!" :icon_mrgreen:

As for shaving 100kg off for a street car - wasn't the Veneno more than 100kg less than the Aventador of its day? Not sure but asking...

if it beats the ring record I would even take 750hp :icon_mrgreen:
Lambo does need to up its HP game a little... Ferrari Pista is 720HP. The 812 Superfast is at 800HP in its base version (i.e. not GTO or TDF version)

I agree they will not find 100 kg to shave, also on RWS, doesn’t it just work at low speed?
Fortis, it works both at low and high speeds. Turns in opposite direction to the fronts in low speeds and in the same direction in high speeds to "effectively" shorten its wheelbase in high speeds/track.

Fortis, it works both at low and high speeds. Turns in opposite direction to the fronts in low speeds and in the same direction in high speeds to "effectively" shorten its wheelbase in high speeds/track.

Thank you very much for the explanation, in that case the driving characteristics are changed completely.

I hear the same political sensitivity argument from some sales reps but Neither the Centenario nor any other Lambo model was designed as the track weapon to get a Ring lap record. So their purposes are different! They can make he SVJ Spartan and less luxurious than the Centenario to keep the owners thinking "oh hell, I would not buy that track thing in a million years!" :icon_mrgreen:

As for shaving 100kg off for a street car - wasn't the Veneno more than 100kg less than the Aventador of its day? Not sure but asking...

You are correct on the track-purpose part, but it's not the 'Ring time but the spec of the car that Lambo has to be cognizant of (hence I wrote "at least spec-wise" on my post).

As to the Veneno, like you said, it was the Aventador of that timeframe. The SV is, at least supposedly, 50kg lighter than the standard v.1 Aventador. To shave off another 100kg from the SV (as APB suggested), keeping the car fully road legal with relative comfort and within not-so-ludicrous pricing would be mission impossible.

So the last NA lambo will be 760 hp compared to 800 hp for last NA Ferrari

Well, since Ferrari adds imaginary horses to its figures, I think we are ok..

Haha

also the 812 is so damn boring to look at.

Don’t worry about HP, the SV has plenty and so will this one.

I am worried about the color not the HP 😂

also the 812 is so damn boring to look at.

Don’t worry about HP, the SV has plenty and so will this one.

I am worried about the color not the HP 😂

You can use my one off color 😉

You can use my one off color 😉

Thank you very much very generous but I trying to stay away from blue hues, VERY hard I might add LOL

Thank you very much very generous but I trying to stay away from blue hues, VERY hard I might add LOL

There is something about a blue Lambo 💙

Whatever color you pick I’m sure it will be special.

I heard dealers will be getting SVJ demos, any truth to this?

Not really. Some dealers have been given the opportunity to purchase one SV-J. Whether a dealer would want to treat the car as a demo or as a ready-for-delivery-if-the-price-is-right vehicle is at his discretion. IMO, it would be silly to treat it as a demo as (a) the profit of this car will be down and (b ) it would be silly to test-drive the car, love it and proceed on ordering one only to learn that all had been spoken for already.

I heard dealers will be getting SVJ demos, any truth to this?

It will be a Demo. It will be a demonstration on how much money they can make!🤣

In the video, when the car drives on the streets, there is one point when the sun hits the driver. Marco Mapelli in the house???